PDA

View Full Version : need advise - speaker sound problem

mitzz88
04-Nov-2008, 09:42 PM
i just got my cdt compo speakers and 4way amp installed - taken out from my previous car.

found out later there's a low vibrating sound (irritating) on my left speaker door during low bass sound. never have this problem in my previous car.

went back to installer- he says this is due to car door design, - thin plastic door causing the vibration. 2 alternatives

1) 2 layers of soundproofing should solve the problem

2) add a woofer, transfer all bass sound to the woofer

bros pls advise = is this true ? i kept having the feeling that the left speaker is not tighten properly cos the right speaker is ok

Colossus
04-Nov-2008, 10:15 PM
If you trust that installer, you can do the sound proofing first. My friend commented that my car's mids sounded better after the sound proofing.

rainbowfish
04-Nov-2008, 11:02 PM
i just got my cdt compo speakers and 4way amp installed - taken out from my previous car.

found out later there's a low vibrating sound (irritating) on my left speaker door during low bass sound. never have this problem in my previous car.

went back to installer- he says this is due to car door design, - thin plastic door causing the vibration. 2 alternatives

1) 2 layers of soundproofing should solve the problem

2) add a woofer, transfer all bass sound to the woofer

bros pls advise = is this true ? i kept having the feeling that the left speaker is not tighten properly cos the right speaker is ok

If is your car door design problem, than your right side door should vibrate also, right?? :roll: