PDA

View Full Version : lowering spring

shawn123116
17-Mar-2009, 09:02 PM
hi..
any good tips on what brand of lowering spring should i use for my lancer glx?
thinking of using tein...

bird_flu
17-Mar-2009, 09:24 PM
apex i heard is gd....

Kuro
17-Mar-2009, 11:48 PM
can the apex be full adjustable (damper & springer), how about tomei??

kC_bloggy
18-Mar-2009, 12:36 AM
can the apex be full adjustable (damper & springer), how about tomei??

hi, lowering spring like Apex, Tein, JIC are not adjustable in damping & height cos they are jux springs.

If u r lookin for fully adjustable suspension, it's Coilovers tat u r lookin for.

shawn123116
18-Mar-2009, 05:53 AM
anyone using tein lowering spring?
which workshop you went?
cheap?

evillance
18-Mar-2009, 03:34 PM
anyone using tein lowering spring?
which workshop you went?
cheap?

I just sold my tein lowering spring off few months back , truthfully personally i don like the feel of lowering spring it really is just a look enhancement but not really performance :)

keke , if given a choice back then to choose i would rather to spend on the coilover rather than spring :)

ohlins
18-Mar-2009, 10:40 PM
hi..

try rsr......... they have a stiffer spring rate.....

evo07
18-Mar-2009, 10:53 PM
lowering springs lower your ride but torture to your stock shock absorbers. be prepared to replace them earlier than expected. coilovers good cos can adjust height and the absorbers able to take the height adjustments. heard though tat it affects the rear chassis integrity or something like tat and have to put brackets to overcome this prob. correct me if im wrong.

darkwolf
19-Mar-2009, 12:05 AM
i'm on tanabe lowering spring.. good cornering..

bobjaynal
19-Mar-2009, 05:58 AM
I'm on Apex with stock shock absorber, got it from Performance Motor.
About the shorter shock life span, I'll worry about that later.
Right now I'm enjoying all the corners that I encounter. I should have installed it earlier :)
Man.. it feels like driving a remote control car when u dive in for the corner.

vogelspinnen
19-Mar-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm on Apex with stock shock absorber, got it from Performance Motor.
About the shorter shock life span, I'll worry about that later.
Right now I'm enjoying all the corners that I encounter. I should have installed it earlier :)
Man.. it feels like driving a remote control car when u dive in for the corner.

Yea bro, but after ur absorbers chui, ur car will become like a low-looking taxi, bouncy bouncy bumpy bumpy, like mine now haha. Would go for coilovers if given the choice

bobjaynal
19-Mar-2009, 05:13 PM
Yea bro, but after ur absorbers chui, ur car will become like a low-looking taxi, bouncy bouncy bumpy bumpy, like mine now haha. Would go for coilovers if given the choice

hahaha.. you make it sound so exciting and adventurous kekekeke.

besides going for coilover.. i have 3 options to go wif the spring

1) bumper retainer / spring stiffener

2) bumbstop / click on - http://www.apexsuspension.com/gb/index.php?page=bumpstops

3) change suspension KYB / KONI - which ever is cheaper.

lauda69jackass
19-Mar-2009, 06:25 PM
hi..

Bro, apart frm changing springs, have u ever tot of doing compression on ur original kit/springs. Dats what i did to mine. Ride lowered, yet still has the stiff impact as the turning coil on our original springs is slightly more(about 1 or 2 more round coils, compared to aftermarket ones). On top of dat, u can add the stiffener if u want it to be really hard and stiff. Cost saving yet effective. Juz my 2cents worth.

darkwolf
19-Mar-2009, 07:42 PM
wah bro that's very dangerous leh..first no calibration was being done.

no calculation of the stress test...

bird_flu
19-Mar-2009, 08:47 PM
btw if u guys r thinking of chging to coilovers, do note that the coilovers needs servicing too and it aint cheap!! Springs are juz for looks and the comfort level is way off from stock!! n i m on the same spring as Darkwolf n enjoying the ride....

lauda69jackass
19-Mar-2009, 11:45 PM
wah bro that's very dangerous leh..first no calibration was being done.

no calculation of the stress test...

No worries, bro. Done on all my previous ride. And of course, by my trustworthy expertise.

darkwolf
22-Mar-2009, 03:28 AM
No worries, bro. Done on all my previous ride. And of course, by my trustworthy expertise.
All right then especially you are driving with family you need to take extra precaution..

Kuro
23-Mar-2009, 11:55 AM
Bro, apart frm changing springs, have u ever tot of doing compression on ur original kit/springs. Dats what i did to mine. Ride lowered, yet still has the stiff impact as the turning coil on our original springs is slightly more(about 1 or 2 more round coils, compared to aftermarket ones). On top of dat, u can add the stiffener if u want it to be really hard and stiff. Cost saving yet effective. Juz my 2cents worth.

Bro how u do it, i want my ride to look lower, any cause damage to absorber after sometimes?

the1sthokage
26-Nov-2009, 01:25 PM
Ai Sui Mai Mia... no choice, the stock is too high, makes it feel like driving a van, no $$ buy coilover, so buy Tien Springs, feel like in a bumper car at Pa Sa Ma Lam everyday when driving my lancer now, but well it looks good! :P

OreoChips
10-May-2010, 01:18 PM
Ai Sui Mai Mia... no choice, the stock is too high, makes it feel like driving a van, no $$ buy coilover, so buy Tien Springs, feel like in a bumper car at Pa Sa Ma Lam everyday when driving my lancer now, but well it looks good! :P

Yea bro. spring is a budget alternatives, performance wise may not match up coils but somehow or $ saving perks do match up. Well shock absorbers may worn out faster but by the time it worn out. it is also time for a new one. :cool2:

to me it is just like pumping 95 vs Vpower. U get more "power' and millage but hee over long term wise, the savings = you can pump more on 95, thus cover back similar millage gain from Vpower.