PDA

View Full Version : performance mod for CS3 auto version

jool
08-Apr-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi all LMC bros,
Need your advice on performance mod than can be done on CS3 auto.What I've add on on my CS3 auto car are the voltage stabiliser and CAI. This help improve a little bit more on the car performance than stock. Any recommendations on the mod that I could do to enhance the performance of my auto car? Thank you in advance.

jB
08-Apr-2009, 09:04 PM
closed pod carbon charger, do something about your exhaust, change your rear brakes to disc, how much you wanan improve? :X

jool
08-Apr-2009, 09:17 PM
What important for me is the performance mod of the car. Currently the pick up is quite lagging at times. Sometimes I feel like the car is dragging. Is it normal for CVT? For exhaust, what mod can I do? 4-2-1? De-cat? How about the rear brake? please enlightens me. Thanks.

jB
08-Apr-2009, 09:38 PM
Are you still on stock air filter? You can start going the power:weight way also if you want to do something legal. Btw You going the legal way? I think a Chief will be here in no time to enlighten you the path to Nirvana :]

wen2202
08-Apr-2009, 10:44 PM
Dun mind i share your thread. Does adding a CAI to drop-in filter improve our CVT performance? Thinking of running extra CAI to my filter box for more air, any bro can advise?

jool
08-Apr-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi JB,
I'm going on legal..just need enhancement on the performance of the car. My CAI intake are fixed on the front left bumper side with piping to the air filter box. How about the crank pulleyt? How does this help to improve the performance?

MIA
08-Apr-2009, 10:52 PM
Bro, take out ur voltage stabiliser and CAI..... Replace a simota aeroform CAI,think will be better cos m using it...

eagleram
08-Apr-2009, 11:35 PM
hi guys can u briefly explain to me wats the diff between open pod & simota aeroform CAI? are they the same?

currently im driving cs 3 auto so which will suit the car?

Shah_RTG
08-Apr-2009, 11:47 PM
Yeap.. I agree wif bro MIA. Try the aeroform. No regrets.

jB
08-Apr-2009, 11:48 PM
Dun mind i share your thread. Does adding a CAI to drop-in filter improve our CVT performance? Thinking of running extra CAI to my filter box for more air, any bro can advise?
More air = more petrol injected to meet the air:fuel so you can also say "better" performance at the expense of petrol?

Hi JB,
I'm going on legal..just need enhancement on the performance of the car. My CAI intake are fixed on the front left bumper side with piping to the air filter box. How about the crank pulleyt? How does this help to improve the performance?

Lightened Crank pulley is like wearing a lighter pair of shoes. What do you think ? :flowers:

eagleram
08-Apr-2009, 11:49 PM
hi shah, can u briefly explain to me wats the diff between open pod & simota aeroform CAI? are they the same?

Shah_RTG
08-Apr-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi eagleram.. Both are different. Depends on what type of performance and sound you're lookin for. If your ride is auto, go for aeroform. Can try ask our bro MIA for advise.

jB
09-Apr-2009, 12:02 AM
hi shah, can u briefly explain to me wats the diff between open pod & simota aeroform CAI? are they the same?

Open pod is more for manual and aeroform for Auto cars like what shah said. Why? I don't know either. What the ancestors have taught and passed down to us :X

Initial B
09-Apr-2009, 12:08 AM
Bro, take out ur voltage stabiliser and CAI..... Replace a simota aeroform CAI,think will be better cos m using it...

yup I fully agree with bro MIA...have heeded his advice & change my air intake to simota aeroform & also added a ATF cooler...it seems to make a significant improvement in the low to mid end of my CVT ride! pick up has nver been better...even my CO can feel the difference ;)

Shah_RTG
09-Apr-2009, 12:10 AM
Hehe...Dun forget, change exhaust...

eagleram
09-Apr-2009, 12:16 AM
dear guys thanks for the advise, but i'm a drop in fliter in my ride ,so do i need to take out that & install simota aeroform cai?

Shah_RTG
09-Apr-2009, 12:18 AM
If you're changin to aeroform, your whole stock filter will have to go.. Then can fix. Installation very easy and quick.

eagleram
09-Apr-2009, 12:22 AM
oh dear is it, then is it looks like open pod too? so what else i need to change for auto car performance?? do i need to install aeroform charger??

eagleram
09-Apr-2009, 12:25 AM
Initial B , can i know where do you change all this?? how much? & do i need the heat shield??

Shah_RTG
09-Apr-2009, 12:26 AM
It will not look like open pod. Still like your stock filter only much much much nicer. Its' closed pod is carbon fibre, hand made with kevlar lining. Has a funnel too just like the stock one but better.

Shah_RTG
09-Apr-2009, 12:29 AM
Bro, you dun need heat shield with aeroform. The filter is encased in the closed pod.

Initial B
09-Apr-2009, 12:32 AM
Initial B , can i know where do you change all this?? how much? & do i need the heat shield??

bro, apparently a simota aerofoam consist of a open pod filter in an enclosed carbon fiber thus heat shield is not required. I got mine second hand but a new set up will cost abt $380-$400.

here's the link to check how it looks like -

http://www.simota.com/main.htm?pid=23&Focus_ID=38&Class_ID=38&Sub_Class_ID=55&Brand_ID=&Prod_ID=160

hope the above will help you...:)

Initial B
09-Apr-2009, 12:34 AM
Hehe...Dun forget, change exhaust...

hahaha I'll go with throttle body first followed by changing to a 4-2-1extractor then maybe exhaust bro...;)

eagleram
09-Apr-2009, 12:39 AM
thanks can i know wat are the things to change besides this?? legal changes

Shah_RTG
09-Apr-2009, 12:39 AM
Agreed....

eagleram
09-Apr-2009, 12:41 AM
thanks , can i know wat other things have to change for performance & pick up?? where to get those items? thnks

Initial B
09-Apr-2009, 12:54 AM
thanks , can i know wat other things have to change for performance & pick up?? where to get those items? thnks

bro, if you are not that too hard core, changing simota aerofoam air intake & start playing with the DS in your gear for pick up...you will know if there's significant improvement ;)

try it first, see if you like it or if after you can no longer feel the effect than start with additional performance mod & slowly enjoy the process bro..doing all at once your ride will improve at once but you'll no longer enjoy any process in modding la...anyway this is just my 2cents

just for info, an ATF cooler will be a good investment for our CVT ride as it will protect & provide longer life span to our gear box...seriously

ram
09-Apr-2009, 10:02 AM
Hi Pal thanks for the advise can i know what is DS?

ram
09-Apr-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi guys can i know what's diff between simota aerofoam air intake & simota charger?

Thanks.

numatic
09-Apr-2009, 10:12 AM

Down Slope

battle
09-Apr-2009, 10:57 AM
hahaha I'll go with throttle body first followed by changing to a 4-2-1extractor then maybe exhaust bro...;)

wah... getting very fierce liao ;p
In the making of another MT tiaster... ; p

Initial B
09-Apr-2009, 10:25 PM

no lar bro battle...may add the mention mods in awhile but will never be a MT tiaster coz I dun have e BALLS to drive like Chief MIA...so will never be...;)

YiBuLanCe
10-Apr-2009, 11:18 PM
Bro, jus asking.. for AT cars e air intake u change to aerofoam wont it be like lao hong like that?

MIA
11-Apr-2009, 01:16 AM
Bro, jus asking.. for AT cars e air intake u change to aerofoam wont it be like lao hong like that?

Lao Hong??

The simota aeroform is some thing like a open pod with heat shield....

Monsta
11-Apr-2009, 09:09 AM

for CVT, it means (D)rive - (S)ports mode. in tis gear mode, the CVT is effectively engaged at "low gears"...

Monsta
11-Apr-2009, 09:10 AM

cos his master is non other than the famous MT-tiaster in LMC...

Monsta
11-Apr-2009, 09:12 AM
Lao Hong??

The simota aeroform is some thing like a open pod with heat shield....

in other words, small open pod + a chio heatshield wif CF lamination...

no need say so much, take him for a test drive in ur ride. i'm sure he will be convinced de...whahahahaha...

wen2202
11-Apr-2009, 12:01 PM
Just curious with the simota aerofoam will the fc suffer? I thought of changing from drop-in to simota aerofoam. Performance wise how much more compared to drop-in?

v3n0m
11-Apr-2009, 12:22 PM
Just curious with the simota aerofoam will the fc suffer? I thought of changing from drop-in to simota aerofoam. Performance wise how much more compared to drop-in?

juz changing of ur air intake wun affect much on ur FC, and comparing drop in and closed pod, the performance isnt significant unless u hv other mods, such as ur exos etc....

Retroman
11-Apr-2009, 01:58 PM

drop in to aerofoam, more or less the same, maybe just slight improvement in initial pickup, sound slightly louder than drop in. fc will suffer unless u control yr right foot. :)

wen2202
11-Apr-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks bros.

jln99
12-Apr-2009, 03:36 PM
mine auto too care to share how much a ATF cooler cost..thks:)

battle
13-Apr-2009, 12:21 PM
no lar bro battle...may add the mention mods in awhile but will never be a MT tiaster coz I dun have e BALLS to drive like Chief MIA...so will never be...;)

Alamak.. don't need to have the BALLS one lar. Just keep it at home can liao.... ; p

PohHau
13-Apr-2009, 03:50 PM
how much is the ATF cooler and the simota aerofoam? and how where to install it will be a better choice?

wen2202
13-Apr-2009, 10:25 PM
how much is the ATF cooler and the simota aerofoam? and how where to install it will be a better choice?

I have bought a ATF cooler from a bro for $40 nearly a year ago but haven't install, waiting for change of AT fluid then install together. I also just got a 2nd hand Simota Aeroform from a bro in SLC for $170, going to install myself tomolo. You can try searching in the buy/sell thread in both LMC and SLC.

tassiner
13-Apr-2009, 11:09 PM
wah so many cvt bros on self posion sia... i am newbie here... may i know who had jzu install op muffler only and any feel? can share with me this newbie?

Initial B
13-Apr-2009, 11:15 PM

bought a totally new ATF cooler from commercial seller Chang1 @ S$140 wz installtion & bought a less than a year old simota aerofoam S$150 from bro shah & had e honour of having Chief to help me install in my ride...

Initial B
13-Apr-2009, 11:16 PM
Alamak.. don't need to have the BALLS one lar. Just keep it at home can liao.... ; p

hehe okie maybe in time to come ;)

Shah_RTG
13-Apr-2009, 11:30 PM
Hello guys.. Hmmm.. POISON in the air. Hehehe.

battle
14-Apr-2009, 12:26 PM
hehe okie maybe in time to come ;)

The time have come liao lor....
Heard someone already driving at >140km/hr liao ley.... ; p

Initial B
15-Apr-2009, 11:31 PM
The time have come liao lor....
Heard someone already driving at >140km/hr liao ley.... ; p

wei wei who huh?? how can drive like dat sia...

kenz
15-Apr-2009, 11:34 PM
wei wei who huh?? how can drive like dat sia...

i did notice also le.. on the aye.. someone traveling MORE THN 140KM/HR.. who ahh..?

Shah_RTG
15-Apr-2009, 11:34 PM
140km/h ok wat.. hehe..cheers bro.

kenz
15-Apr-2009, 11:36 PM
140km/h ok wat.. hehe..cheers bro.

you will nv knoe the story behide between mi and MR b bro.. hehehe.. :D:D

PohHau
16-Apr-2009, 12:45 AM
hmm... realli self poison lor... hahas... if install the ATF cooler alone onli with the rest in stock how will it feels in terms of performance???

numatic
16-Apr-2009, 07:45 AM
hmm... realli self poison lor... hahas... if install the ATF cooler alone onli with the rest in stock how will it feels in terms of performance???

ATF cooler is not a performance mod...its jus like a mini radiator to help in the cooling of yr cvt gearbox...

PohHau
17-Apr-2009, 01:18 AM
thanks bro numatic, thanks for the advice...

west coast choppers 30
17-Apr-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi Bro Jool,
Maybe u can try and install the e-throttle device.... Its been proven in all cars that it can enhance your pickup for all auto cars.... So far i have tried driving altis, mazda 3, vios, lancer before and after the installation of e-throttle. I think this thing really works.. It should be around $400 with installation...

stevechow
17-Apr-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Bro Jool,
Maybe u can try and install the e-throttle device.... Its been proven in all cars that it can enhance your pickup for all auto cars.... So far i have tried driving altis, mazda 3, vios, lancer before and after the installation of e-throttle. I think this thing really works.. It should be around $400 with installation...

cs3 can install e-throttle?

jool
17-Apr-2009, 07:44 PM
Tahnks to all bro..for the poisoning advise...hehehe ;o)

jool
17-Apr-2009, 07:47 PM
Oops , almost forgotten. Went to one of the accessories shop in Eunos and queried about changing of the stock exhaust. Was adviced by the shop not to change my exhaust as mine is an auto ride. He suggested me to change only the exhaust tip as supersprint exhaust wont have much effect on auto ride. Is it true? For exhaust tip, any recommendations?

numatic
17-Apr-2009, 07:48 PM
thanks bro numatic, thanks for the advice...

yr most welcome :)

ianmanutd
20-Apr-2009, 09:05 PM
Oops , almost forgotten. Went to one of the accessories shop in Eunos and queried about changing of the stock exhaust. Was adviced by the shop not to change my exhaust as mine is an auto ride. He suggested me to change only the exhaust tip as supersprint exhaust wont have much effect on auto ride. Is it true? For exhaust tip, any recommendations?

actually i beg to differ. im on auto and on supersprint and its improved my ride from my stock. i havent done changes to my extractor yet so i guess it can only get better

ian

bingx
20-Apr-2009, 10:51 PM
actually i beg to differ. im on auto and on supersprint and its improved my ride from my stock. i havent done changes to my extractor yet so i guess it can only get better

ian

bro u dun feel the lag after changing to supersprint? haha..im on manual after changing to ss i feel abit laggy le lehs..onli come into use when at high RPM...

EDWLanceCS3
21-Apr-2009, 09:52 PM
wah so many cvt bros on self posion sia... i am newbie here... may i know who had jzu install op muffler only and any feel? can share with me this newbie?

y oyo....the diff is louder sound and smoother pickup with some improvement in your low end accelleration...feels like your car air input to output more smooth..

White zombie
22-Apr-2009, 09:56 AM
my cvt runnin on big-borethrottlebody,2" piping/ 4-2-1 / hi flow cat and a hotbit resonator/bullet and 2 half inch muffler... low end to mid to high end so far very satisfying... can fight head to head with some manual ride during pg... u need a piggyback to fine tuning maximise usage for these hardwares..
must remember myself im driving a 4g18 engine not a K engine... hahahaaaa

cheers

miffyz
22-Apr-2009, 11:22 AM
my cvt runnin on big-borethrottlebody,2" piping/ 4-2-1 / hi flow cat and a hotbit resonator/bullet and 2 half inch muffler... low end to mid to high end so far very satisfying... can fight head to head with some manual ride during pg... u need a piggyback to fine tuning maximise usage for these hardwares..

cheers

hi bro,

can ask u where u buy and install the hi-flow cat from?

White zombie
22-Apr-2009, 01:32 PM
hi bro,

can ask u where u buy and install the hi-flow cat from?
got mine from topspeed johor... it look really like our stock cat but with inner spiral flowery shape cutting efx for pressure... for 360rm... there's a few similar cat from fong kim and skyrex paya ubi too..

ram
24-Apr-2009, 05:42 PM
Dear bro's can anyone tell me their experience after installing simota areoform? is the pick up gd? cos i heard that it wont be as gd as drop in or simota carbon charger?
Any adivse or experience to share?

Thanks.

miffyz
24-Apr-2009, 08:24 PM
got mine from topspeed johor... it look really like our stock cat but with inner spiral flowery shape cutting efx for pressure... for 360rm... there's a few similar cat from fong kim and skyrex paya ubi too..

i was always told tat cvt better dun touch the stock cat....

bro,ur ride tc huh?

MIA
25-Apr-2009, 09:32 AM
Dear bro's can anyone tell me their experience after installing simota areoform? is the pick up gd? cos i heard that it wont be as gd as drop in or simota carbon charger?

Thanks.

Bro... U got a PM.....

MIA
25-Apr-2009, 09:33 AM

bro,ur ride tc huh?

Bro,

CVT Guru White zombie had said out clear...

U din get it??

:D

White zombie
25-Apr-2009, 10:10 AM
Bro,

CVT Guru White zombie had said out clear...

U din get it??

:D

eh bro MIA,paisey not guru lah,i'm still learning oso ley from you..now project
on my heat shield for my intake..
hi-flow cat got few different pattern... its always try n error case...but the one i've mention above so far is the best fix in my exos system..my ride u kno ah still NA... no force-force induction ley...
tuning is the most important mod after ur exos set up...

MIA
25-Apr-2009, 10:16 AM
eh bro MIA,paisey not guru lah,i'm still learning oso ley from you..now project
on my heat shield for my intake..
hi-flow cat got few different pattern... its always try n error case...but the one i've mention above so far is the best fix in my exos system..my ride u kno ah still NA... no force-force induction ley...
tuning is the most important mod after ur exos set up...

Bro.....

U DIY ur heat shield?? Wanna to do together with sara and me.....??

Bro, ur CVT really GD.. u know i know..... :D

White zombie
25-Apr-2009, 10:22 AM

bro,ur ride tc huh?

nah,no tc...can oni replace with our stockcat with hiflow oni..the honeycomb or the flowery shape wan...do not operate or fix in a dummycat...very good lesson learnt for me... better still put in another resonator/bullet after your cat.. more pressure... can feel the car inlift better...
hehehee.... :)

White zombie
25-Apr-2009, 10:33 AM
Bro.....

U DIY ur heat shield?? Wanna to do together with sara and me.....??

Bro, ur CVT really GD.. u know i know..... :D

no lah bro MIA... of course yours better with 5 people leh... hahahaa...sure bro,great..i'm joining... at least i dont make a run down hut in my bonnet ley...

MIA
25-Apr-2009, 10:44 AM
no lah bro MIA... of course yours better with 5 people leh... hahahaa...sure bro,great..i'm joining... at least i dont make a run down hut in my bonnet ley...

Bro, u can call sara at 90178932 or MIA 91632987

See u bro..... Maybe we can have a frdly drag 2nd of may.... :D

White zombie
25-Apr-2009, 11:14 AM
Bro, u can call sara at 90178932 or MIA 91632987

See u bro..... Maybe we can have a frdly drag 2nd of may.... :D

sure bro,must support you form elite lmc CVT team... hahaaaa....
sure thing 2nd may we have friendly drag.. always saw numatic there but no chance for friendly... will txt u for heatshield diy...

arat
25-Apr-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi bros, does doing so affect the F.C?

numatic
25-Apr-2009, 01:06 PM

performance mod will always affect yr fc....

if u wanna mod car,dun think abt fc...if u worry abt fc,dun mod....this is the rule of the thumb :)

miffyz
25-Apr-2009, 01:46 PM

cheers

hi bro,

me also driving cvt,but i didnt touch the cat....so its advisable to get a hi flow cat install?

gt pple bore the 421? or jus bore TB enough 4 cvt can liao?

err...wat's a resonator?

White zombie
25-Apr-2009, 11:23 PM
hi bro,

me also driving cvt,but i didnt touch the cat....so its advisable to get a hi flow cat install?

gt pple bore the 421? or jus bore TB enough 4 cvt can liao?

err...wat's a resonator?

bro...ive PM u...

White zombie
25-Apr-2009, 11:26 PM

after tuned,my fulltank hit ard 530km

Retroman
26-Apr-2009, 09:30 AM
after tuned,my fulltank hit ard 530km

wat bout b4 bro? im also interested now if the improvement is significant.

White zombie
26-Apr-2009, 02:20 PM
wat bout b4 bro? im also interested now if the improvement is significant.

before cant say it much bro coz i changed to supersprint few weeks later when i got my car... on supersprint mufflers oni w/o extractors,hiflow-cat n tuning my full tank wah lao!!! 430km petrol warning light come out oridi... 0-100 rsm clock 11 sec...

with my current exos mod & tuning my 0-100 clock below 10secs...

ash_88
27-Apr-2009, 10:21 AM
im also getting about 450 until fuel warning light come on. on supersprint and k&n drop in onli. clock about 11 secs also. however when mi dad drive he can get close to 500km range with one pump so i guess is the way we drive. im quite rev happy also ar smtimes.

MIA
27-Apr-2009, 10:54 AM
KNS... mine 400 to 430 light up......

White zombie
27-Apr-2009, 11:16 AM

hahahaa... ur CVT different bro..got reputation ... even cherry QQ oso wont let pass you... heheheheee... tats y comsumption very high... you shud free more emission..2"inch piping...can get better mileage...

Imz2666
27-Apr-2009, 11:20 AM
wah bro, urs still beter leh.. mine light up @ 400 to 415 only..
stock car somemore.. piangz...

MIA
27-Apr-2009, 04:02 PM
hahahaa... ur CVT different bro..got reputation ... even cherry QQ oso wont let pass you... heheheheee... tats y comsumption very high... you shud free more emission..2"inch piping...can get better mileage...

Me on 2" pipe liao......

MIA
27-Apr-2009, 04:03 PM
wah bro, urs still beter leh.. mine light up @ 400 to 415 only..
stock car somemore.. piangz...

Tat funny....

On stock i can get 430 to 450km.....

U on any piggyback??

Imz2666
27-Apr-2009, 04:30 PM
no leh.. very de stock, except for hurricane drop in filter..
mayb heavy footed and heavy load ah... haiz... :redface:

lubbish
27-Apr-2009, 05:49 PM
bro shah,
do you know where can find the simota aeroform?it seems rather difficult to find...any place that you know have? other bros who knows please share...

White zombie
27-Apr-2009, 06:35 PM
Me on 2" pipe liao......

next meet up we tcss more on this ah bro... mine really reaching 500+ leh...
u saw my system oridi rite and u kno wat i mean...hmmmph....

numatic
27-Apr-2009, 06:37 PM
next meet up we tcss more on this ah bro... mine really reaching 500+ leh...
u saw my system oridi rite and u kno wat i mean...hmmmph....

very very fierce setup :)

White zombie
28-Apr-2009, 12:16 PM
very very fierce setup :)

eh bro,not like the chief ah... bring 5 people go try out...
hahahaaa... lagi fierce!!!

Titanium
02-May-2009, 09:12 AM

Thanks.

Bro... U got a PM.....

I also want to know, can PM me?

MIA
05-May-2009, 09:52 AM
I also want to know, can PM me?

Bro....

Come for the meet up then we can share to each another......

Cheers.....

Devilline
06-May-2009, 12:58 AM
Bro....

Come for the meet up then we can share to each another......

Cheers.....

i also wan to share.. teach me

Parker81
06-May-2009, 01:14 AM

Bro i just did my exhaust, 4-2-1 extractor at Topspeed. Pretty good results but want more. Any other things i can do at topspeed? How to tell the uncle? Im driving CS3 auto.
Thanks.

White zombie
06-May-2009, 11:01 AM
Bro i just did my exhaust, 4-2-1 extractor at Topspeed. Pretty good results but want more. Any other things i can do at topspeed? How to tell the uncle? Im driving CS3 auto.
Thanks.

bro,

i've pm you...

White zombie
06-May-2009, 11:05 AM
bro shah,
do you know where can find the simota aeroform?it seems rather difficult to find...any place that you know have? other bros who knows please share...

bro,try racetech paya ubi... there's few...

Neptuned
14-Jun-2009, 12:59 PM
did you change your extractor?

ghim
14-Jul-2009, 10:50 AM
hey zombie and MIA bro! seems that you two are the pros of auto lancer hur. may i know how much the first hand simota aeroform cost? and any way to increase my pick up ;D i wan change exhaust loud eh, but ppl say if want pick up den exhaust wont be as loud. true?

.Hack
14-Jul-2009, 11:01 AM
hey zombie and MIA bro! seems that you two are the pros of auto lancer hur. may i know how much the first hand simota aeroform cost? and any way to increase my pick up ;D i wan change exhaust loud eh, but ppl say if want pick up den exhaust wont be as loud. true?

For Aero Form, Fong Kim quoted me $350, Sung Beng $384.

MIA
14-Jul-2009, 05:56 PM

U wan LOUD.... Try Drift exos..... :D

Cool79
14-Jul-2009, 08:33 PM
don think is loud also la
comparing with illegal exo...

using SS exo also feel is soft, when beside me is a rex.... :(

ghim
14-Jul-2009, 11:28 PM
wha, drift exos is the new one rite! expensive eh(correct me if i am wrong) haahaha! anw any others can improve pick up beside the exhaust? thx bros for replying!