PDA

View Full Version : Polkaudio speaker from SLT

Cool79
21-Jun-2009, 12:27 AM
Hi,
just came back from SLT, this shop, new century electronics intro me this speaker

polkaudio DB6501

worth to get? he charge me 388 for 1 coxial n 1 componet speaker...

wondering is it fake a not.... scare scare later buy liao, then is fake 1...

what u guys say?

from US, the price range from 150 to 190 for the component speaker. he quoted me 260. so now i am wondering is it real stuff or fake 1?

any advise?

or should i just go to Ted n install helix?

Christopher P
21-Jun-2009, 08:14 AM
helix = 1 year warrenty = good aftersale service plus ted is the man.
BTW, polk audio has been around for a while, they sound warm but lack the fast of a helix, just for inform, they help make speaker for SONY this day, the high end one.

Cool79
21-Jun-2009, 11:49 AM
yeah i know ted is the man. :) his after sales service is very good.

wat u mean by the lack of fast?

how is carsounds good? saw a lot of speaker over there... maybe can go there n listen before i decide :)

kenz
21-Jun-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi,
just came back from SLT, this shop, new century electronics intro me this speaker

polkaudio DB6501

worth to get? he charge me 388 for 1 coxial n 1 componet speaker...

wondering is it fake a not.... scare scare later buy liao, then is fake 1...

what u guys say?

from US, the price range from 150 to 190 for the component speaker. he quoted me 260. so now i am wondering is it real stuff or fake 1?

any advise?

or should i just go to Ted n install helix?

i gt a bad impression of that shop... who intro you the speakers? daniel or alan?

Cool79
21-Jun-2009, 12:47 PM
i don know... uncle with tatoo... quite hard selling...

kenz
21-Jun-2009, 01:15 PM
i don know... uncle with tatoo... quite hard selling...

hahaha.. that one cfm daniel.. wear spec one. tattoo on arm.. becareful bro.. sweettalk he gt there.. tin is cheap over there.. but no aftersales service.. will fuk you upz if you call back and ask why like tis and why like that.. belive mi bro..

wat i would recom you is.. one shot go to ted there for a gd one.. no regar and aftersales is GD!~!!! JUS LIKE MI :D:D hehe.. just say you are ken's frenz for more discount if he permit...

Christopher P
21-Jun-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi
for a start, let me put it this way, go to any audio shop, walk in tell the shopkeeper, owner or anyone that work there, this are the type of music I listen to. what do there recom!
Decide ahead on a few thing,
1: Are you keeping the stock head unit?
2: Do you want to use a AMP?
3: $$$$
4: Sound proof do I want this?
5: Listen to a few cars of the same make(If you need to PM me(EX2.0) happy to let you listen to mine)

Cool79
21-Jun-2009, 09:09 PM
just went to ted today :)
ask him abt polk audio, he say nowadays most fake 1... lol
the model is 6501 which i cant find on the official website

plus.... just gana a damage of dark blue component plus coaxial speaker at ted place
:)

just done tunning by him, not very much my liking. too sharp on the component liao... he put front +2 for me, but when i listen to the music on this cd very nice, but for my songs...

i adjust to -4
haha
bass i put +4 where he put 0 for me
:P

will go back to him 2 weeks later... speaker need to run in 1?

Christopher P
22-Jun-2009, 07:20 PM
same la, i listen to wide range of music, me have burn mp3, Ipod, real CD and even thai CD. all sound different. so run in first!!!
agree the helix are a bit too sharp just need to get use to it. but over all you make a good change

Cool79
22-Jun-2009, 09:51 PM
oh need to run in 1 ah... lol

i was playing ard with the setting... now a bit better.. + 6 sub fader 0 or R2
LPF i set to 125hz, like no diff for the LPF le

heard from ted dat ex need to use 2 components.... cant use 1 component n 1 coaxial....

my next car should be EX or civic liao
now earning my NCD :P

Christopher P
23-Jun-2009, 10:40 PM
me running a espirt 136 front and dark blue 62.1 with a Vibe A4 amp. the voice of chua qi is infront of me every morning as I cruise to work. the bass of Eagle last minute was there to keep me aware. enjoy it.

Cool79
24-Jun-2009, 04:33 PM

now i open window n play music... heehee think this weekend go back to ted n see what he can do...

thinking of putting the tweeter at the mirror there. will it be better ma?

Cool79
28-Jun-2009, 03:17 PM
went to ted liao. adjusted the DSO... now is much better.... ear is much much happier ^^