PDA

View Full Version : Problems with CS5

15-Jul-2007, 09:01 PM
So far the maor problem is the throttle body that causes fluctuations in the rpm. Any CS5 that does not have this problem at all?

What other major problems are there?

- Rotors warped easily?
- Spark plugs always dirty because engine running rich? Any ways to resolve it? Put safc? Or is it because of the BOV that causes the mixture to be too rich? As someone posted the link here:

"Downsides of releasing air to atmosphere
The unique sound caused by a blowoff valve (but not a compressor bypass valve) sometimes comes at a price. On a car where the blowoff valve is mounted after the mass airflow sensor, venting to atmosphere confuses the engine control unit (ECU) of the car. The ECU is told it has a specific amount of air in the intake system, and injects fuel accordingly. The amount of air released by the blowoff valve is not taken into consideration and the engine runs rich for a period of time. Engines with a manifold absolute pressure regulated ECU or where the blowoff is mounted upstream of the MAF sensor are not affected.

Typically this isn't a major issue, but sometimes it can lead to hesitation or stalling of the engine when the throttle is closed. This situation worsens with higher boost pressures. Eventually this can foul spark plugs and destroy the catalytic converter (when running rich, not all the fuel is burned which can heat up on and melt the converter or leave heavy carbon deposits)."

15-Jul-2007, 11:38 PM
wah, so many people read, but no one replies. :roll:

SafetyCar
16-Jul-2007, 02:37 AM
Oki. .... I reply in support of posting.

My Car - Only EVC Boost Controller, Blitz Turbo BOV, Oil Catch Tank.

Drive for about 1 month = Rotor Warp.
Wanted to replace it but left with 1 day before going down to PG, so chop chop Skimmed it and Load in the Project MU Brake Pads on the Stock Rotor. I know it's not the solution but that's the best I can think offfor the track day. BUT the point is ...... Stock Brake, Stock Brake Pads ... WARP Rotor in 1 month's time. Fainted !!!

2 days after the PG Trip ........ RPM went Crazy ...
Finally pushed into CnC ..... Yes , Throttle Body Spoil.
I expect it to be spoil but didn't know so soon. Mileage only 6000km.

These are the problems I encounter so far .....

By the way, the Rotor WARP AGAIN since yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIUZ!!!!!

SafetyCar

16-Jul-2007, 09:12 AM
thanks of your reply, but that shows that the quality in MMC's products really sucks.

The throttle body problem seems to be quite common am I right?

skyCS5
16-Jul-2007, 09:31 AM
thanks of your reply, but that shows that the quality in MMC's products really sucks.

The throttle body problem seems to be quite common am I right?

bro its varies from car to car. not all of us have the above mention problem. till now my car have no major problem except for wear n tear.

16-Jul-2007, 10:11 AM
i'm anticipating the problems to come so ask around first. :)

BlueEyeIX
16-Jul-2007, 10:50 AM
i'm anticipating the problems to come so ask around first. :)

its not MMC problem la.. my evo also dun have anything spoil.. its juz the prob wif gdi for mitsu's case..

16-Jul-2007, 03:46 PM
just wondering, since GDI engines are lean burn engines, why is there the problem with carbon deposits? if you use an open pod filter, there will be more air intake thus A/F ratio will be leaner so there will be less carbon deposits unless you adjust your A/F settings to richer?

any idea? thanks.

BlueEyeIX
16-Jul-2007, 05:26 PM
just wondering, since GDI engines are lean burn engines, why is there the problem with carbon deposits? if you use an open pod filter, there will be more air intake thus A/F ratio will be leaner so there will be less carbon deposits unless you adjust your A/F settings to richer?

any idea? thanks.

well.. if the driver is constantly driving under gdi eco mode.. there's no such issue i believe... car tends to run richer when on high load thus leading to more carbon deposits... even if u use open pod... why a/f will be leaner?? ur airflow sensor will read more air.. thus incr fuel input ma...

dr_alban
17-Jul-2007, 01:00 AM
So far the maor problem is the throttle body that causes fluctuations in the rpm. Any CS5 that does not have this problem at all?

- Rotors warped easily?
- Spark plugs always dirty because engine running rich? Any ways to resolve it? Put safc? Or is it because of the BOV that causes the mixture to be too rich? As someone posted the link here:

The unique sound caused by a blowoff valve (but not a compressor bypass valve) sometimes comes at a price. On a car where the blowoff valve is mounted after the mass airflow sensor, venting to atmosphere confuses the engine control unit (ECU) of the car. The ECU is told it has a specific amount of air in the intake system, and injects fuel accordingly. The amount of air released by the blowoff valve is not taken into consideration and the engine runs rich for a period of time. Engines with a manifold absolute pressure regulated ECU or where the blowoff is mounted upstream of the MAF sensor are not affected.

Typically this isn't a major issue, but sometimes it can lead to hesitation or stalling of the engine when the throttle is closed. This situation worsens with higher boost pressures. Eventually this can foul spark plugs and destroy the catalytic converter (when running rich, not all the fuel is burned which can heat up on and melt the converter or leave heavy carbon deposits)."

Common problems with CS5.

-Car is freaking slow. Without the boost controller, its as good as driving a normal lancer.
-Throttle body problems after a week of collecting the car
-Warped rotors after few weeks
-Headunit problem on the day of collecting the car - C&C can't even trace the fault until now!
-Whole day of waiting to just do normal servicing
-Rattling sound from the door at high speed
-Recaro Seats are too small

So far thats my onmy complaint lah.

bal
17-Jul-2007, 01:02 AM
[quote="the dude":prnaode9]So far the maor problem is the throttle body that causes fluctuations in the rpm. Any CS5 that does not have this problem at all?

- Rotors warped easily?

-Car is freaking slow. Without the boost controller, its as good as driving a normal lancer.
-Headunit problem on the day of collecting the car - C&C can't even trace the fault until now!

So far thats my onmy complaint lah.[/quote:prnaode9]

WAH BRO QUITE A NUMBER OF PROBLEM LEH

dr_alban
17-Jul-2007, 08:18 AM
[quote="the dude":1pc27bxj]So far the maor problem is the throttle body that causes fluctuations in the rpm. Any CS5 that does not have this problem at all?

- Rotors warped easily?

So far thats my onmy complaint lah.

WAH BRO QUITE A NUMBER OF PROBLEM LEH[/quote:1pc27bxj]

Its really a problematic car lor...Regret buying this car...!

mike1304k
17-Jul-2007, 09:15 AM
The Cs5 is a really problematic car, but after all the problems I have had with it till now, I am glad to say that I am happy with it. My rotors also started to wobble soon after getting the car, but now I am on Project Mu rotors and pads, I have no problems. Throttle body, sometimes goes a bit screwy but not that bad. My TCU also sometimes sticks on a certain gear or drops a gear al of sudden, but push it to neutral and then back to drive and it becomes alright. I drive "manual" most of the time and think that it maybe the reason. Well guys, we bought the car, so I guess we either chuck it or bear with it lor.

17-Jul-2007, 09:43 AM
WOW! That's REALLY alot of problems! And it's not those minor problems, but throttle body and gearbox probs...... :shock:

so far i have no problem........but since you all mentioned it, i'm abit :cry:

max/doraemon
17-Jul-2007, 10:52 AM
halo

my cs5 till now no problem serve me well :D . dun tik just cs5 got problem.. cos we hv forum here so some of u tik tat cs5 car problematic....
ever go to other car forum to find out wat are others problem... go n tik about it. :cool:
abot cs5 w/out boost controller same as normal lancer....... its depand on ur luck cos back in japan different mech do different (slightly diff) setting. some of our bro here stock boost at 0.4 bar o lessss
my stcok boost higher than 0.4 bar... :shock:
just go n do fine tunning will do.

if dun belive go DC5 forum ask for a stupid white DC5 disturb a black STOCK (at tat time) cs5 along SLE yet kena out run. :twisted:

my previous ride with 4G93 NA (stock oso) at NS highway tailgate same white oso DC5 till he give up heheheheheheheeh...... :twisted: :twisted:

who ever cs5 got problem wish u solve it fast n enjoy ur ride. love n respect 4G93, in return they will give u power n power n more power... :wav:

skyCS5
17-Jul-2007, 11:26 AM
halo

my cs5 till now no problem serve me well :D . dun tik just cs5 got problem.. cos we hv forum here so some of u tik tat cs5 car problematic....
ever go to other car forum to find out wat are others problem... go n tik about it. :cool:
abot cs5 w/out boost controller same as normal lancer....... its depand on ur luck cos back in japan different mech do different (slightly diff) setting. some of our bro here stock boost at 0.4 bar o lessss

if dun belive go DC5 forum ask for a stupid white DC5 disturb a black STOCK (at tat time) cs5 along SLE yet kena out run. :twisted:

my previous ride with 4G93 NA (stock oso) at NS highway tailgate same white oso DC5 till he give up heheheheheheheeh...... :twisted: :twisted:

who ever cs5 got problem wish u solve it fast n enjoy ur ride. love n respect 4G93, in return they will give u power n power n more power... :wav:

yup bro. :D

17-Jul-2007, 04:19 PM
oh, ok noted. just see individual's luck lor. :lol:

skyCS5
17-Jul-2007, 06:12 PM
oh, ok noted. just see individual's luck lor. :lol:

its is either u r HENG or SUAY. :D :D

Ghostlancer
17-Jul-2007, 09:45 PM
Been driving Cs5 for 2 years... serve me well and make me proud... :lol:
I think im the oldest Cs5 around here...... SFV car..... :lol:

kqkqcinta
18-Jul-2007, 09:20 AM
halo

bro wilson see what i mean -
love n respect 4G93, in return they will give u power n power n more power... :wav:[/quote]

skyCS5
18-Jul-2007, 10:25 AM
halo

love n respect 4G93, in return they will give u power n power n more power... :wav:[/quote]

yup yup. Have faith n it will serve u well. THUMP UP for CS5

daddydjken
19-Jul-2007, 01:23 AM
halo

love n respect 4G93, in return they will give u power n power n more power... :wav:

yup yup. Have faith n it will serve u well. THUMP UP for CS5[/quote]

UR WORDS IN BLACK, CANT SEE...HAHAHA

SafetyCar
20-Jul-2007, 03:08 AM
Funny ya.... the Topic is Probelms of CS5.
OKi ... After Respecting and Loving the Car .... Still ........Gives me not only Power and Power BUT also Problem and Problem .. So the Theory Fails.......

Wanted to replace it but left with 1 day before going down to PG, so chop chop Skimmed it and Load in the Project MU Brake Pads on the Stock Rotor. I know it's not the solution but that's the best I can think offfor the track day. BUT the point is ...... Stock Brake, Stock Brake Pads ... WARP Rotor in 1 month's time. Fainted !!!

By the way, the Rotor WARP AGAIN since yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kqkqcinta
20-Jul-2007, 08:52 AM
Funny ya.... the Topic is Probelms of CS5.
OKi ... After Respecting and Loving the Car .... Still ........Gives me not only Power and Power BUT also Problem and Problem .. So the Theory Fails.......

By the way, the Rotor WARP AGAIN since yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe u are hardcore driver la - i drive to work from hm everyday at only 60km to 80km only at nite 100km so she is not stress :)

max/doraemon
20-Jul-2007, 09:57 AM
hi safety car bro

tik may b ur e unlucky 1 rotor warp.... for ur info rotor need to do heat treatment, any high heat rubbing parts need to do heat treatment. reason cos after cutting or skimming materail strength is weaken already, e process of heat treatment is to rearrange of molecule so tat e parts become strong agian.. :)

my car oso using EVC n turbo timer only, daily travel about 100km, no problem so far. touch wood.

tik ur rotor is really unlucky lor. may be ur car want someting hor liao hehe.. :shock:
er ur TB how?? got replacement from c&c?? CS5 using E throttle n some of us do hv problem. mech from MB tell me he noe how to solve it detail got to check with them again. my EVC install there. :wink:

SafetyCar
01-Aug-2007, 11:44 AM
hi safety car bro

tik may b ur e unlucky 1 rotor warp.... for ur info rotor need to do heat treatment, any high heat rubbing parts need to do heat treatment. reason cos after cutting or skimming materail strength is weaken already, e process of heat treatment is to rearrange of molecule so tat e parts become strong agian.. :)

my car oso using EVC n turbo timer only, daily travel about 100km, no problem so far. touch wood.

tik ur rotor is really unlucky lor. may be ur car want someting hor liao hehe.. :shock:
er ur TB how?? got replacement from c&c?? CS5 using E throttle n some of us do hv problem. mech from MB tell me he noe how to solve it detail got to check with them again. my EVC install there. :wink:

TB was replaced by C&C liao. So Far So Gooda.
Ya... Rotor Stock but running on Project MU Pads. Haven't decide to Skim again or change rotor cos my Back Side itchy again ....... Sigh ...... :lol:

Narz
01-Aug-2007, 02:19 PM
TB was replaced by C&C liao. So Far So Gooda.

was the tb covered by the guarantee?

SafetyCar
02-Aug-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes Brother.

Narz
02-Aug-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes Brother.

nice thats good news, i can feel the heart ache cos your car is about the same age as mine, and if i kenna this situation i will really be fed up.