PDA

View Full Version : Brakes REVISITED

nikolaiski
02-Jul-2010, 02:05 AM
Ok i know this is old..

But REALLY time for me to change brakes cuz my rotor AND brake pads HABIS liao, and I think one shot upgrade liao.

Before I go and buy a BBK, I want to find out from you guys, which cars are easy bolt-on fit macam Evo3 and CS3 like that...

1- ATR normal one?
2- ATR Turbo?
3- Evo 3/4/5/6? (I know Evo brembo can customise but i want to keep my 16")

Anything else?

LTM offering Dixcell rotors with Ferrodo high temp brake pads to work with stock calipers btw

Can any lao jiaos here help? Coming back frm overseas posting next week..think going to change fast fast liao.

tassiner
02-Jul-2010, 09:30 AM
just to share,

if change brake kit few things u have to take note;
- cost of kit
- will rims fit in after the kit is install
- does it need spacer
- does the lug nut fit after fixing the spacer (cos it might shorten the length of the stud so might need to change longer wheel stud)
- for my personal option is that dun go for mini pot go for 4big or larger

best is stock lah.. dun mod..

redline
27-Jul-2010, 02:16 PM
will like to chk evo3 2pots direct fit with cs5? can any gurus advice?
i onli knw Rotor i know got 4holes n 5holes difference...

nikrome_wire
27-Jul-2010, 09:05 PM
sorry to 'hijack' this thread,
but i'd like to get more information of the stock brakes of the CS5.
what is the diameter of the front and rear rotors?

cheers

Nig
27-Jul-2010, 11:29 PM
just to share,

if change brake kit few things u have to take note;
- cost of kit
- will rims fit in after the kit is install
- does it need spacer
- does the lug nut fit after fixing the spacer (cos it might shorten the length of the stud so might need to change longer wheel stud)
- for my personal option is that dun go for mini pot go for 4big or larger

best is stock lah.. dun mod..

Omg. Look whose talking! LoL

redline
28-Jul-2010, 09:37 AM
anyone care to share infos?

skyCS5
28-Jul-2010, 10:14 AM
pls ask urself b4 doing it.

1) stock brake kit can take up to 250hp ( chg to racing pad)
2) spent a few k for looks?
3) ur ride got more than 280hp?

i still using stock brake kit with brandit racing pad for 4 yrs. do u really race or jam brake everytime u on d road?

nikolaiski
29-Jul-2010, 12:12 AM
bro sky..i guess that's the reason why i ask u guys lor

Basically, I don't mind using the stock brakes BUT I notice there is one VERY BIG weakness:

Everytime I let off the throttle and immediately onto the brakes, the brakes feel like they do not bite hard enough, as compared to when i "tap" the brakes first and then press in, then the stock brakes are good enough to activate the ABS.

I'm also using bendix ultimate pads, but I feel that even after repeated bleeding, the brake feel is too vague and i don't feel confident driving fast when there are other cars around, cuz last time nearly buang into a lorry when he cut into my lane in malaysia (yar I live in JB)

My car lightly tuned only la..haven lup GSR..wahaha (nah just kidding) looks wise, i dun care..not into looks man.

So after lor-so, the main aim is:

INCREASE BRAKE RESPONSE/SENSITIVITY AND FIRM-UP PEDAL FEEL :D

skyCS5
29-Jul-2010, 04:43 PM
use ATR Turbo lor. cheap also. stock 1 big hole. Atr 2 hole.

bro sky..i guess that's the reason why i ask u guys lor

Basically, I don't mind using the stock brakes BUT I notice there is one VERY BIG weakness:

Everytime I let off the throttle and immediately onto the brakes, the brakes feel like they do not bite hard enough, as compared to when i "tap" the brakes first and then press in, then the stock brakes are good enough to activate the ABS.

I'm also using bendix ultimate pads, but I feel that even after repeated bleeding, the brake feel is too vague and i don't feel confident driving fast when there are other cars around, cuz last time nearly buang into a lorry when he cut into my lane in malaysia (yar I live in JB)

My car lightly tuned only la..haven lup GSR..wahaha (nah just kidding) looks wise, i dun care..not into looks man.

So after lor-so, the main aim is:

INCREASE BRAKE RESPONSE/SENSITIVITY AND FIRM-UP PEDAL FEEL :D

nikrome_wire
02-Aug-2010, 09:15 PM
i'd like to get more information of the stock brakes of the CS5.
what is the diameter of the front and rear rotors?

cheers

nikolaiski
03-Aug-2010, 06:25 AM
that's a good question - with my crappy measurements, it was 276mm front and 256mm rear. i might be wrong tho

skyCS5
03-Aug-2010, 05:21 PM
check owner manual. sry i no time to check for u. :)

nikrome_wire
03-Aug-2010, 05:52 PM
i don't have the owners manual.
i've all along wanted to buy it off anyone here. but no one is interested to deal.

anyways, there won't have this information inside. usually it'll be in the parts catalogue

nikolaiski
03-Aug-2010, 11:30 PM
CnC - $150 (yes i asked) hahaha

MozyX
04-Aug-2010, 12:07 AM
you mean catalogue for 150 bucks or car manual for 150 ?

skyCS5
05-Aug-2010, 09:32 AM
mai waste time in stock exhuast set up. just chg to ATR doen pipe n 2.5" exhaust can liao. mai keep on askin