PDA

View Full Version : Clutch problem

LaNcEr_J
21-Nov-2010, 05:16 PM
When i fully depress the clutch, i can't seem to engage the gear....does anyone knows wat going on? ;(

zacch
21-Nov-2010, 08:34 PM
seems like happen tom e before when did u last change ur clutch?

LaNcEr_J
21-Nov-2010, 09:54 PM
seems like happen tom e before when did u last change ur clutch?

mine is still the same clutch when i got the car....

evo07
21-Nov-2010, 11:07 PM
Pressure plate worn out? low clutch fluid?

zacch
22-Nov-2010, 06:11 PM
as evo07 mention that might be the case....i change my clutch and i don't have gear changing issue anymore :)

dragonsaber
24-Mar-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi,

For normal driving to work and leisure. What is the reconmended miliage to have the clucth replaced?

Many thanks.

Nothing78
24-Mar-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi,

For normal driving to work and leisure. What is the reconmended miliage to have the clucth replaced?

Many thanks.

I have a freind driving CS3 for leisure and work with stock clutch for 5 years and still never face any issue.

Very depends on driving pattern but generally never usage for work and never launch pickup all the time, stock clutch can last very long, 3 years is minimum in my opinion.

Just monitor the clutch slipping symptom, change when you feel clutch is giving you problem. Else I guess no need to spend that few hundred dollars to change pre-maturely.

Happy motoring. :D

drymeepok
24-Mar-2011, 08:46 PM
I have a freind driving CS3 for leisure and work with stock clutch for 5 years and still never face any issue.

Very depends on driving pattern but generally never usage for work and never launch pickup all the time, stock clutch can last very long, 3 years is minimum in my opinion.

Just monitor the clutch slipping symptom, change when you feel clutch is giving you problem. Else I guess no need to spend that few hundred dollars to change pre-maturely.

Happy motoring. :D

Are you refering to my clutch ? LOL

Nothing78
24-Mar-2011, 09:02 PM
Are you refering to my clutch ? LOL

Hahahaha.. not yours. Yours got rest for ~ 2 years before it go back to the car. Refer to another friend, stock clutch since first day. :D

ftorres
25-Mar-2011, 01:09 AM
mine stock clutch since day 1.. coming 3 years liao.. though got funny sound but still can engage properly :P

icekitten
25-Mar-2011, 02:25 AM
My 1st set burnt after 1st yr...my 2nd set began slipping after 1yr+, nearly 2 yrs...now on my 4th set of clutch...my CS3 is 5 yrs old...

Gargoyle
25-Mar-2011, 08:49 AM
My 1st set burnt after 1st yr...my 2nd set began slipping after 1yr+, nearly 2 yrs...now on my 4th set of clutch...my CS3 is 5 yrs old...

how is your driving pattern sis. I thinking of changing clutch also, but not now, currently stock clutch okay. but like now days when i depress got a spring sound very mild and clutch peddle feels harder than before. slightly only. how do you tell that it is slipping.

ftorres
25-Mar-2011, 11:01 AM
how is your driving pattern sis. I thinking of changing clutch also, but not now, currently stock clutch okay. but like now days when i depress got a spring sound very mild and clutch peddle feels harder than before. slightly only. how do you tell that it is slipping.

think it slips when you feel that your rpm is going up for your speed doesn't correspond to the rpm. I've nvr experienced it though.

nigeln
25-Mar-2011, 05:43 PM
Slipping is like when you put to neutral gear and try to move off.