PDA

View Full Version : CVT AT Shift gear in which RPM??

osmondcsl
29-Dec-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi Bros & Sis,

can I know, normally CVT AT shift gear in which RPM? Mine in 2100RPM for normal drive. Have any bro here below than that? Please advice.. as am new to drive AT. Thanks in million.. Cheers

princezul
29-Dec-2010, 09:55 PM
can read manual.. if not wrong got show rpm for every gear change

wind
30-Dec-2010, 07:00 AM
CVT nt like normal AT... dont hav any gear change...
if u can feel the jerk... tat means something wrong wif yur GB liao... haha ^_^

kangwei
30-Dec-2010, 12:43 PM
CVT nt like normal AT... dont hav any gear change...
if u can feel the jerk... tat means something wrong wif yur GB liao... haha ^_^

yeah second that too. CVT stands for Continuous Variable Transmission. There is no jerks or gear changes with constant rpm when acclerating from idling speed.

nakedtoes
30-Dec-2010, 09:21 PM
check with u guys on CVT engine... when in expressway upslope.. the rpm will go up to 3k wo stepping more on the gas to maintain the car speed right?

SlowCS3
31-Dec-2010, 01:29 AM
it also depend on how hard u step on the accelerator wor. the harder you step, the higher rpm to change gear.

nemo
31-Dec-2010, 06:24 AM
I love my CVT transmission, extremely smooth and quiet.

DS mode for going up and down Cameron highland is superb, offering good climbing pull power and engine braking at the same time.

Simply love it...

oakley
04-Jan-2011, 01:55 PM
I love my CVT transmission, extremely smooth and quiet.

DS mode for going up and down Cameron highland is superb, offering good climbing pull power and engine braking at the same time.

Simply love it...

so use DS mode for Genting as well??

my OC like hinting me to drive to Genting leh... i scared the slopes... duno how to drive...

fishyfish
06-Jan-2011, 06:17 PM
hi guys, driving a CVT CS3 too. just to check. any issue with the level of the auto oil a little above the designated dipstick level? just to check. currently my CVT is very smooth and quiet. only the common lag as compare to manual. hope there is not much of an issue with a little overfill.

kangwei
07-Jan-2011, 01:44 AM
Not too sure on that, but what I feel is too little is always not good, too much of it may not be good as well.

nemo
08-Jan-2011, 07:22 AM
hi guys, driving a CVT CS3 too. just to check. any issue with the level of the auto oil a little above the designated dipstick level? just to check. currently my CVT is very smooth and quiet. only the common lag as compare to manual. hope there is not much of an issue with a little overfill.

A little above the dip stick indication is alright because the manufacturer already build in that amount of error when they mark the dip stick.