PDA

View Full Version : Questions for CS5

anz85
23-Jan-2011, 12:58 AM

Hi gurus for cs5.. would like to ask some questions for cs5.. I would like to consider getting a cs5 as there is a turbo for it as i'm going to sell away my cs3 and fd2 as for cs3 i can feel the power maybe it's manual but for fd2 like totally no power i think maybe its Auto but with peddle shift it helps abit....

1) would like to ask any lobang which workshop to install paddle shift steering kit in to the cs5 and is it legal? Inspection can pass?? As i know it can't be change to manual as cannot get it approved (I know this cuz my poor fren car got towed and compound) So for paddle shift is also apart of auto transmittion so i think got no issue right??.

2) If i upgrage turbo inspection got any issue???

3)Intercooler upgrade inspection got any issue???

4)What's the consumption like for 40l tank can go how many km?

5)Any full system exhaust like cs3 drift racing or other exhaust system That is legalised??, brands?

6)For turbo cars wat else can u guys recommend other den evo,wrx,copen,nissan,colt n continetal.

thirteenbee
24-Jan-2011, 10:51 PM
1) would like to ask any lobang which workshop to install paddle shift steering kit in to the cs5 and is it legal? Inspection can pass?? As i know it can't be change to manual as cannot get it approved (I know this cuz my poor fren car got towed and compound) So for paddle shift is also apart of auto transmittion so i think got no issue right??.
Dun think you need paddle shift, waste time and money.

2) If i upgrage turbo inspection got any issue??? shdn't be as long as your engine can tahan.

3)Intercooler upgrade inspection got any issue??? No issue, many here on front mount.

4)What's the consumption like for 40l tank can go how many km? Heavy foot 300, loght foot 400. u decide.

5)Any full system exhaust like cs3 drift racing or other exhaust system That is legalised??, brands? shd have, i thini it is super sprint.

6)For turbo cars wat else can u guys recommend other den evo,wrx,copen,nissan,colt n continetal.
if u have budget and insurance wun kill you, EVO and STI, no budget, Base rex, Type R , if further no budget CS 5, civic 2.0 , lagi lagi no budget, lancer 1.6, Vios etc etc and forget abt performance car.

anz85
24-Jan-2011, 11:35 PM
now i'm having the buget car that u said.. fd2 and cs3.. but i'm selling both to try out turbo car.. for a 26 married guy and 5yrs exp with no ncd due to accident how much u think cs5 insurance gonna be???

kenz
24-Jan-2011, 11:45 PM
now i'm having the buget car that u said.. fd2 and cs3.. but i'm selling both to try out turbo car.. for a 26 married guy and 5yrs exp with no ncd due to accident how much u think cs5 insurance gonna be???

go to aviva and get the quotation lor.. 24/hr online open for you. :D

http://www.aviva.com.sg/car-insurance/index.html?cid=GLPPYHDGSC0001&OVRAW=Aviva&OVKEY=aviva&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=29362863542&OVKWID=433407773542&OVCAMPGID=1783213542&OVADGRPID=14925295930

and click on (GET A QUOTE)

subzilow
25-Jan-2011, 09:21 AM
anz85,
im 1984, not married, also 5-6 years license. cheapest is SHP for $3.1K.
try those car insurance brokers, they can give you more quotes.
PM me if you need the contact.

nikolaiski
25-Jan-2011, 11:23 AM
errr, why the F do you want paddle shifters on a car that already has tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel? haha. anyway, i don't think there are such gadgets around lah...

turbo and intercooler upgrade for inspection...as long as your exhaust stock they don't care...but don't go there with an aftermarket banana (turbo exhaust manifold) that's shiny shiny like those stainless steel kind can liao lah.

like bro 13b say, if you have budget, go straight for a WRX or STi. won't regret spending extra one. your insurance probably will be about $7000 though...

hmm...can you share more about your friend's car who kena compound? what happened in the end? is it REALLY cuz of the transmission alone or did he also mod the engine illegally? this is the first time i heard of ppl convert manual kena compound leh...

try www.directasia.com ...we are still under "non-customizable quotes" meaning dun have to call them to get quote..still can escape under the auto quote..cheaper than aviva.

anz85
25-Jan-2011, 10:39 PM
oh... he juz bought his 1st cs5 2nd hand last yr.. i think 1st tp ask him for inspec for the manual stuff den after dat he found the engine is illegal.... power... so kena compound den hire lawyer to appeal den get a warning i think..

ftorres
25-Jan-2011, 11:50 PM
if money is a concern, there's still this "baby evo" COLT VR you can try...

nikolaiski
26-Jan-2011, 03:14 AM
A colt VR is more expensive than a CS5, does not handle as well as a CS5, and the 1.5-litre turbo boost/spools VERY late (after 3500rpm)..it uses the TF035 as well..same as the CS5..but it IS faster stock..power to weight :D

however, there are somehow more ready aftermarket parts for it as compared to a CS5, so if you must, at least buy the manual colt VR so you have more potential, and if you upgrade to a TD04, then you can live with the on/off big boost..hahaha

but baby evo? wtf...

thirteenbee
27-Jan-2011, 06:08 PM
anz85,
im 1984, not married, also 5-6 years license. cheapest is SHP for $3.1K.
try those car insurance brokers, they can give you more quotes.
PM me if you need the contact.

ZHolyshit!! why so ex..??!! look for one thread by KQKQ cinta, he got one Elite insurance, no NCB also 2 K plus only. I have NCB and over age i only paid 1.2K

subzilow
27-Jan-2011, 11:25 PM
i think i called that one before le...i cant remember, either the contact he gave cannot get thru, or dont cover.

i think depends on the company if they know our 1.8 lancer is a turbo. obviously SHP knows ba.

nikolaiski
28-Jan-2011, 04:05 AM
ehh so what happened with the directasia in the end? i thought bro subzilow went to buy from there? lol..or was it bro pjshopx....shit...

Khoen
28-Jan-2011, 08:38 AM
2) If i upgrage turbo inspection got any issue???

If using same turbo housing confirm no problem.

3)Intercooler upgrade inspection got any issue???

no problem at all

Still got Daihatsu YRV turbo. twin cam... ... if u want. lol

skyCS5
14-Feb-2011, 10:00 PM
buy my car la.