PDA

View Full Version : Meters!!

5mite
27-Jan-2011, 10:07 AM
Guys, I wan to put those performances meter on my car :p (but my car has no performance tho)

Any advice on what brand to get? N what type of meter to get?

I saw this prosport gauge at the workshop n the guy told me it cost 140 for the volt meter..

Advices pls? :p

Ariel
27-Jan-2011, 10:34 AM
majority our bros here is using prosport gauges.. and i shud say its more or less accurate unless if u have enuf cash den get Defi.. for me i install prosport volt, vacuum, water temp and a/f ratio some bros here install oil temp is depends on wat u want to install.. but most common is volt and vacuum.. a/f ratio more on cosmetic wise

Khoen
27-Jan-2011, 02:41 PM
if u want reliability and close to accuracy with peak/playback/warning functions to monitor your stats then Defi is the way to go.

phanyong
27-Jan-2011, 03:51 PM
a less expensive option to Defi: STRI.

Gargoyle
27-Jan-2011, 04:10 PM
Good Guages to get are Oil Temp Oil Pressure Water Temp

jmoahnn
27-Jan-2011, 04:42 PM
Vacuum good... It tells u alot of things if u actually know how to read.
Oil temp and water temp is good (but CS3 got the hot cold marking, so water temp not impt)
Volt is good, especially there r stuff in your car that eats up the battery fast.
A/f dun bother
Oil pressure, not much use either.

Of course it all depends how thick your wallet is.

Gauge also comes in diff size, so diff size, diff price.

I'm on prosports, more or less accurate.

Another thing to note if u buy second hand, remember the sensors... Otherwise u r going to have a big big headache. No sensor gauge becomes useless...

phanyong
27-Jan-2011, 05:23 PM
Vacuum good... It tells u alot of things if u actually know how to read.
Oil temp and water temp is good (but CS3 got the hot cold marking, so water temp not impt)
Volt is good, especially there r stuff in your car that eats up the battery fast.
A/f dun bother
Oil pressure, not much use either.

Of course it all depends how thick your wallet is.

Gauge also comes in diff size, so diff size, diff price.

I'm on prosports, more or less accurate.

Another thing to note if u buy second hand, remember the sensors... Otherwise u r going to have a big big headache. No sensor gauge becomes useless...

Agree with you that vacuum is good (add to the fact that it has the most movement for those people who like to see more movement)! And that water temp is actually quite a waste cos you have a rough meter on your speedo dashboard already.

jmoahnn
27-Jan-2011, 07:32 PM
To add on to what i meant by Vacuum gauge is useful,

see this:

http://www.international-auto.com/fiat-lancia-tips-on-reading-gauges/tips-on-reading-gauges-vacuum-gauges.cfm

Forwarded to me by the legendary Uncle William!

OreoChips
29-Jan-2011, 11:55 AM
Yesh. I agreed vacuum too~ :D

Gauges very subjective. I find that volt, water temp is useful. Another point you might want to look at is wide or narrow band gauges. :coolgleamA:

Shawn888
29-Jan-2011, 03:51 PM
Sorry TS to hijack ur thread.
I have a vacuum guage, but it is always pointing at 30.
Is that alright?

phanyong
29-Jan-2011, 10:20 PM
Sorry TS to hijack ur thread.
I have a vacuum guage, but it is always pointing at 30.
Is that alright?

definitely not okay to always point at 30. look at this webby to see the bahaviour of the meter if the engine mechanisms are working well.

http://www.international-auto.com/fi...uum-gauges.cfm

Lancer224
30-Jan-2011, 10:10 AM
Agree with you that vacuum is good (add to the fact that it has the most movement for those people who like to see more movement)! And that water temp is actually quite a waste cos you have a rough meter on your speedo dashboard already.

Some people claim that water temp gauge is faster than the one in the speedo dashboard to "tell" you the temperature or something is wrong with the car.

Nevertheless, I did not have the water temp gauge. From personal experience with my old car, the one at the speedo dashboard is good enough.

Shawn888
30-Jan-2011, 05:51 PM
Thx bro for ur webby...but they didn't mention much lehx...btw I am using a stepmaster/Swiss vacuum guage.

5mite
30-Jan-2011, 07:48 PM
haha, to all bros thank you for your advice!!!

calvinpor
31-Jan-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Bro,

If u want to fix volt meter u may look at this meter. Cheap and good.

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/showthread.php?t=16239

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/showthread.php?t=16239

firefox
31-Jan-2011, 07:18 PM
Hmm....i also wana get gauges for my cs3. Anyone wans to organise group buy?? Maybe can get cheaper?? ;)

bobbycs3
01-Feb-2011, 05:16 PM
ya i'm in.....

Sorrowtears
02-Feb-2011, 12:57 AM
Yos yeah i'm interested in getting gauage as well cause previous gauge sold to others and now need to get a new one again... count me in if anyone wanna buy gauge...
I looking forward for
water temp, volt, vaccum important
but needed one more for comesmic so i think i will add in anything lolz
hope to hear from you soon.

firefox
05-Feb-2011, 06:48 PM
anyone wana do GB??

5mite
10-Feb-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm in too.. Haha kinda late.. >.< busy man.. Lol

bobbycs3
10-Feb-2011, 01:10 AM