PDA

View Full Version : Sound from Clutch / GB

Trust
15-Feb-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey guys...

I just change to mivec gb and new exedy clutch.... wondering why there is "ta" sound or "cla" sound once in awhile when i engage gear 2 or sometimes when i try to reverse while engaging.. The sound will come when i try to rev or engage gears. It will have that sound once and thats it.

I was told the new clutch need to sit in properly 1st after that it will be ok? is that true? Also new clutch new time to bite? Should it be
slipping or cause power transmission lost?

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 09:04 AM
hmm anyone experience it before?

desmundo
16-Feb-2011, 10:03 AM
your clutch did not bite well.. did you change your clutch bearing during the change?

Clutch bearing or thrown out bearing is subjected to wear and tear and it needs to be change periodically. It dont cost much. (less than 50)

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 10:18 AM
they helped me change a bearing inside the gearbox is it that one?

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 10:21 AM
oh des ya like you said... the clutch feeling very funny like very soft and when i drive like slipping... is it because of new clutch...?

danymic2000
16-Feb-2011, 10:37 AM
Hey guys...

I just change to mivec gb and new exedy clutch.... wondering why there is "ta" sound or "cla" sound once in awhile when i engage gear 2 or sometimes when i try to reverse while engaging.. The sound will come when i try to rev or engage gears. It will have that sound once and thats it.

I was told the new clutch need to sit in properly 1st after that it will be ok? is that true? Also new clutch new time to bite? Should it be
slipping or cause power transmission lost?

hi bro Trust,

Interssted to know where you change to mivec gb? Is it close ratio ? How is the pick up ? How much you paid? Thinking of changing also. You can also pm me if you want...

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 11:04 AM
about 1XXX yes its mivec gb close ratio 4.6 FD pick up great but i would say is about pick up not about top speed. Once you change such ratio your top speed will suffer. Also FC will be higher.. cause overall you will be driving at a higher RPM compare to stock GB. Shifting will be fun to shift you will realise the rpm maintain higher from gear to gear compare to stock gb, which will drop far more.

Also do consider changing clutch and flywheel etc etc if you are going to do them so you don't waste the labour fee next time round. Check bearing etc also.

Done with friendly Jo

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 11:05 AM
oh ya... gb i realise its about reaching higher rpm faster and maintaining of higher rpm... its not about how much horses you can gain... try it and you will know what i mean.

But currently mine got sound... don't know why yet. Was advised by Des that its the bearing so waiting for his reply.

desmundo
16-Feb-2011, 11:38 AM
they helped me change a bearing inside the gearbox is it that one?

Yep it should be the one.
new clutch wont slip one, but it takes some running it for it to bite even better.

then i dont why liao loh..

danymic2000
16-Feb-2011, 12:58 PM
about 1XXX yes its mivec gb close ratio 4.6 FD pick up great but i would say is about pick up not about top speed. Once you change such ratio your top speed will suffer. Also FC will be higher.. cause overall you will be driving at a higher RPM compare to stock GB. Shifting will be fun to shift you will realise the rpm maintain higher from gear to gear compare to stock gb, which will drop far more.

Also do consider changing clutch and flywheel etc etc if you are going to do them so you don't waste the labour fee next time round. Check bearing etc also.

Done with friendly Jo

Yup, guess you have gd pick up and sacrifice top speed. Thanks bro for the feedback....

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 01:33 PM
Ok des ty ! got it. I think maybe need it to run in first.. appreciate...

Welcome! dyanmic ! anything just post i will reply hehe

Khoen
16-Feb-2011, 01:41 PM
bro update us on the sound ok.. wondering whats causing it

Trust
16-Feb-2011, 03:42 PM
khoen i will... i was told new clutch is flat... and when the clutch is running it will deformed to fit the plate.. i am hoping that is what causing the sound... haha

Trust
19-Feb-2011, 04:01 PM
Anyway problem solved... its the mounting... never screw tight... sian diao... hopefully my gb and clutch not damaged.

Khoen
19-Feb-2011, 05:59 PM
hmm ok, hope all goes well for ur ride. workshop should take some responsibility if anyth happens due to their blunder?

desmundo
19-Feb-2011, 09:47 PM
thanks for sharing! good that is resolved.
enjoy your closer gear ratio and new clutch!

Trust
19-Feb-2011, 10:04 PM
Khoen good workshop will.. bad workshop will turn you down..

from my experience.... in a good workshop there are good and bad mechanics.... so when you identify the few good ones... maybe can select only them to touch your car... haha..

I was a bit sad that things such as mounting is not properly screw tight haha... could have been worse if not rectify early.

Des thanks ! haha enjoying the drag...

Trust
19-Feb-2011, 10:05 PM
But honestly having done a few things to the car... gets boring ... like hmm 1.6 actually can't do much.. hah..

desmundo
19-Feb-2011, 11:23 PM
But honestly having done a few things to the car... gets boring ... like hmm 1.6 actually can't do much.. hah..

manage expectation, be contented, cos it will never be enough... no matter what car.. hahha

Trust
20-Feb-2011, 08:03 PM
ahaha.. yes des you'e right =). I finishing a few more parts then stp liao haha

zacch
21-Feb-2011, 12:31 PM
khoen i will... i was told new clutch is flat... and when the clutch is running it will deformed to fit the plate.. i am hoping that is what causing the sound... haha

hmm serious maybe have to go and get mine fix also liao

zacch
21-Feb-2011, 12:38 PM
Anyway problem solved... its the mounting... never screw tight... sian diao... hopefully my gb and clutch not damaged.

ack should reply to this instead.....

Trust
21-Feb-2011, 02:25 PM
zaach get it check.. else your clutch dmg or gb dmg might get worse... haha... vibration... :P

zacch
22-Feb-2011, 09:50 AM
ya going CH today joe better fix it for me