PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Racing Clutch Fork Snap?

ken_junyi
22-Aug-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey bros, i was going to change to trinity 6 puck clutch but was told by my mechanic not to do so as he mentioned trinity clutches have a high tendency of it's clutch fork breaking.

He mentioned that trinity clutch is very good in terms of performance. It holds the torque very tightly and well. However, due to the high pressure, it's clutch fork tends to give way pretty quickly. He has repaired many cars on trinity clutch with its fork breaking. Estimated to break at around 20,000 - 30.000km.

Just curious does any bros here on trinity 6 puck faced such problem before? Thanks!!

Hydher
28-Nov-2011, 08:29 PM
wow, thats scary to hear... any bros here kind enough to share?

D1spec
06-Dec-2011, 12:08 AM
wow, thats scary to hear... any bros here kind enough to share?

my clutch fork for broke before when i was on exedy 3pluck...

nigeln
11-Jan-2012, 01:53 AM
Trinity comes with its own clutch fork? Clutch fork is stock one leh and from my understanding you will use back the stock fork when you change clutch. I've also heard stories where clutch fork break when on Exedy 3-puck. I think it depends on how you use the clutch. If you keep throwing it and stabbing the clutch pedal every time you shift then your fork will give way sooner or later. If you engage in a bout of 'highly spirited driving' occasionally, I think no worries.

edwinkwk
15-Jan-2012, 07:18 PM
was on trinity 6 puck with exedy pressure plate which was meant for exedy 3 puck. sg dont bring in trinity pressure plate. the fork did break. hint: no springs in the middle of trinity 6 puck. give and take between performance and safety/cost.

icekitten
16-Jan-2012, 02:46 AM
Think this was ever discussed in forum before...differences btw Exedy 3-puck & Trinity, differences btw solid hub & sprung hub, pros & cons etc.

Anyway been on Exedy 3-puck for the last 3 yrs? So far so good. No abnormal signs yet...touch wood first..lol...only clutch pump replaced. Mileage is clocked at above average rate. Each set of clutch & pressure plate lasts about a yr.

Lightman66
16-Jan-2012, 08:45 PM
those cling cling cling sound is what type of clutch

Gargoyle
16-Jan-2012, 08:54 PM
those cling cling cling sound is what type of clutch

dry clutch bro

Lightman66
17-Jan-2012, 08:29 AM
ic so noisy the sound....

nigeln
19-Jan-2012, 01:29 AM
dry clutch bro

Bro our CS3 is also dry clutch. Those noisy sound if I not wrong is multi-plate clutch.

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1czCU9GSKg0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EK5j6OM1VE&feature=related

Lightman66
19-Jan-2012, 08:13 AM
is there any better performance other then cling cling cling noisy

ftorres
19-Jan-2012, 09:19 AM
according to gurus, those clutches offer good bite and minimal transmission loss. wear out damn fast too.. but the sound is music to my ears :D

nigeln
19-Jan-2012, 05:02 PM
is there any better performance other then cling cling cling noisy

Let's say a normal clutch plate can take up to 100 Nm of torque. Having two clutch plates allows you to take 200 Nm of torque (100 per plate). So a multi plate clutch allows for higher torque applications, where a single plate clutch cannot handle the torque and will slip.

For clutches, the pressure plate is the one that provides the clamping force and is one of the factors as to how much torque the clutch plate can hold. The pressure plate is directly connected to the pedal, and that's why aftermarket clutches increase the pedal effort to release the clutch.

Jaysonhu
03-Feb-2012, 02:41 PM
u wan the cling cling cling sound, can opt for carbonetic clutch ^^ haha ! good clutch and good musics. head tuner but after ppl turn head will say "chek, a lancer cs3 only. change this type of clutch for what !" unless u lup turbo, if not these type of clutch on NA doesnt offers much usage and performance :)