PDA

View Full Version : PRoblem on third gear

beaver80
17-Nov-2006, 02:10 AM
guys i remember in one of the old topic we talking about the third gear pick up but i cant find the topic liao

Problem: Third gear pick up slow

How to launch it faster?

17-Nov-2006, 03:16 PM
guys i remember in one of the old topic we talking about the third gear pick up but i cant find the topic liao

Problem: Third gear pick up slow

How to launch it faster?

Uncle......you problem is third gear.....but your ending question is about launching....you mean you launch on third gear??????? :shock: :shock: :)

beaver80
18-Nov-2006, 04:11 AM
misunderstand sorry
i mean when playing wif stepnioc till third rpm suddenly very difficult to go up ? any good idea ?

StockCS5
18-Nov-2006, 10:39 AM
What's your RPM @ third gear where you find it hard to go up higher? Cause if it's below 3K, you're going to experience lag until the turbine spools up.

18-Nov-2006, 01:58 PM
misunderstand sorry
i mean when playing wif stepnioc till third rpm suddenly very difficult to go up ? any good idea ?

You need to understand the behavior of your engine setup over the steptronic gearbox. meaning you need to know when your effective boost range begins and ends off, and how boost over a specific gear behaves. Best to have a boost gauge and a tech at eye level.

When driving, you need to keep your boost at zero, lowest -0.2bar....if you are any lower, then you are below 2000 - 2500rpm.....boost effective range for our TD04 starts at 0.5bar and above....so on second gear, you are below what I am saying, you are finished.

Do you have an electronic boost controller?

blackCS5
18-Nov-2006, 03:18 PM
i think i get wat he means......all car are like tat wat, 1st gear the rpm will easily go up to 6000.......2nd gear a bit slower then 1st gear......3rd gear even slower.......4th gear si bei slow........it is normal lar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if ur 3rd gear can reach 6000rpm as fast as 2nd gear then u will be clearing ur speedo in juz a while manz.