PDA

View Full Version : Qn on Speakers

nin3tails
21-Jun-2012, 10:45 AM
i understand most setup is 2 component in front and 2 coaxial at the back. Why is this so? Is it possible to have all component speaker instead. hahaha

MMC
23-Jun-2012, 06:29 PM
depands on individual needs. I do see some owner installed 2 set of components.

nin3tails
27-Jun-2012, 02:10 AM
But why is tat so? Correct me if im wrong, coaxial got built in tweeter. Wads the diff btw all compo and front compo only? Other than price

Perrytan
29-Jun-2012, 12:17 AM
Front component speaker consist of mid bass(those 5"-8")speaker to ur likes that replace ur stock 2way speakers for better bass and sq. and tweeter for high frequency,which absorb more high pitch frequency.(those eek eek ssh ssh)sound.as for back,coaxial speaker is more than enuf coz they can be more bassy or vocally sq.u can fader more to front speakers for better sq since u r driving which front needs more power for sound.back speakers can say is juz for bass support.so no need component for back.hope my little knowlegde can Help u in some ways.as for price decent component set cost 200-400,back coxial around 100-200.depends on ur needs.with a amp to support your front component set and a mono block for 12" sub woofer.u can roam the road with boom boom boom..haha

nin3tails
03-Jul-2012, 04:59 PM
hmmm. my car have full compo no amp no sub (dunno the brand) that i "inherit" from previous owner. so in theory if i remove the tweeter at the back it will bcome a coaxial? i will have better enjoyment as compare to the current setup? i mostly listen to pop, r & b, ballads, some dancetracks.

i dun ferry passenger much, so the back is not a priority, can i juz use a 2 channel amp to power the front and sub? a or die die muz bridge a 4 channel? i dun need those super high watt sub so a monoblock is like overkill or will underseat active sub do the trick? hahaha.

which is more ideal (cost effective)? a stock HU with amp or a good HU without amp?

how abt the weight of amp and sub? heard ppl say ICE is heavy will affect performance of car.

i not really those boom boom boom person la~ just wan a more holistic listening experience.

Perrytan
03-Jul-2012, 05:12 PM
If u already have front and back with component then juz leave as it is.no pt taking away the tweeter,it will cost u to lose high freq for the back.or u can choose to use a active sub,those with sub and amp tgt.slim type can put under seat.it will be enough for normal boom boom

skyic3
05-May-2015, 10:01 AM
i understand most setup is 2 component in front and 2 coaxial at the back. Why is this so? Is it possible to have all component speaker instead. hahaha

Why not. I got 4 x helix b62 component speaker :P hahah