PDA

View Full Version : Engine dies off

sjc
06-May-2008, 08:21 PM
Any bro here got experience when car is stationary then moved off with abit of ram the engine dies off?

stockslowlancer
06-May-2008, 10:48 PM
Any bro here got experience when car is stationary then moved off with abit of ram the engine dies off?

Are you on high lift cams, or twin plate clutch? :mrgreen:

sjc
09-May-2008, 06:20 PM

Hehe,mine still stock car.

stockslowlancer
09-May-2008, 09:54 PM
[

I was joking earlier. Manual or auto? Consistently die off? Idle very long than ram? WOT? How are yr plug's mileage?

sjc
10-May-2008, 04:10 PM
[

I was joking earlier. Manual or auto? Consistently die off? Idle very long than ram? WOT? How are yr plug's mileage?

CS5 semi auto ma...so far 1yr old total 3 times liao. As per normal at red light move off and mileage is about 14000+.

skyCS5
12-May-2008, 11:48 PM
[

Bro ur ride is a CS3, diff from ours. Ours is CS5.

skyCS5
12-May-2008, 11:49 PM

Check your spark plug and go and clean ur trottle body?

thirteenbee
13-May-2008, 11:54 PM
[

CS5 semi auto ma...so far 1yr old total 3 times liao. As per normal at red light move off and mileage is about 14000+.

CS5...? you have BOV..? it totally stock cannot be one la. Go CNC and ask them to check. ur car super low milage and stock. go back CNC and CLAIM against them !!

sjc
14-May-2008, 01:37 PM
LOL,bro u r clever. I got BOV and open pod filter. I thou that doesn't impact much. Anyway thanks for the advise and I'm at c&c but they charge me $60 for checking cos of BOV & open pod.ZZzzz...

CS5...? you have BOV..? it totally stock cannot be one la. Go CNC and ask them to check. ur car super low milage and stock. go back CNC and CLAIM against them !![/quote]

stockslowlancer
14-May-2008, 10:52 PM
Bov will stall engine when u back off trottle, not on ramming trottle from starting.

sjc
15-May-2008, 12:36 PM
Bov will stall engine when u back off trottle, not on ramming trottle from starting.

Went to C&C yesterday and they clean my trottle and done a retune. Hopefully not due to BOV. :lol:

Narz
15-May-2008, 01:11 PM
how much do CNC charge for the retune and clean TB?

sjc
15-May-2008, 09:53 PM
how much do CNC charge for the retune and clean TB?

$64+ inclusive of gst.

yazminadrienne
16-May-2008, 05:09 PM
yes.......

My friend faced this problem.....

....that was remembering to me..... :mad: :roll:

menthol28
20-May-2008, 01:00 AM
i also got this problem once in awhile, sent the car back to c&c to clean throttle body, so far so good...

jimsg
20-May-2008, 04:51 PM
this car MUST clear carbon once in a while because running rich so valves get dirty very fast.

chikin68
20-May-2008, 05:22 PM
I cleaned tb once at 20K when the idling rpm was fluctuating.
So every 20K must clean tb ?

jimsg
20-May-2008, 05:29 PM

just WHACK once a month. make sure rev till red line from 1st gear to 3rd. do a few times. good enough. idling confirm good. :lol:

sjc
21-May-2008, 08:13 AM

just WHACK once a month. make sure rev till red line from 1st gear to 3rd. do a few times. good enough. idling confirm good. :lol:

Go lim chu kang RAM!! Jio any1 to join u see whose carbon most. :lol:

sjc
01-Oct-2008, 07:20 PM

Shit man, now my rpm very inconstant, go up, go down,go up go down, once weven engine dies off then go TB ok liao, now problem come back again.

Damn the TB so easy to get dirty. Izzit becos open pod more easy to get dirty?

MZSport
01-Oct-2008, 11:37 PM

Shit man, now my rpm very inconstant, go up, go down,go up go down, once weven engine dies off then go TB ok liao, now problem come back again.

Damn the TB so easy to get dirty. Izzit becos open pod more easy to get dirty?

Bro u running 262 cams? haha... Try not to drive too slowly GDI engine(not only MITSU car but VW, Volvo using GDI technology also) have this problem of carbon build up in the intake area..

sjc
02-Oct-2008, 08:26 PM
Bro u running 262 cams? haha... Try not to drive too slowly GDI engine(not only MITSU car but VW, Volvo using GDI technology also) have this problem of carbon build up in the intake area..[/quote]

Must be I too tortise liao, seldom speed. LOL

MZSport
03-Oct-2008, 09:31 AM
Bro u running 262 cams? haha... Try not to drive too slowly GDI engine(not only MITSU car but VW, Volvo using GDI technology also) have this problem of carbon build up in the intake area..

Must be I too tortise liao, seldom speed. LOL[/quote]

Dont need to speed just blow some cars can liao :evil:

lousycs5
14-Oct-2008, 05:31 PM
this car MUST clear carbon once in a while because running rich so valves get dirty very fast.

how to clear ????

MZSport
17-Oct-2008, 04:37 PM

how to clear ????

Blow Blow HARDER~~ :P

lousycs5
17-Oct-2008, 05:36 PM

how to clear ????

Blow Blow HARDER~~ :P

??? use what to blow harder , are you refering to air plump.

skyCS5
24-Oct-2008, 11:01 AM
how to clear ????[/quote]

Blow Blow HARDER~~ :P[/quote]

??? use what to blow harder , are you refering to air plump.[/quote]

Pay $50 to get blow

lousycs5
28-Oct-2008, 10:12 AM
how to clear ????

Blow Blow HARDER~~ :P[/quote]

??? use what to blow harder , are you refering to air plump.[/quote]

Pay $50 to get blow[/quote]