PDA

View Full Version : advise on subwoofer

v3n0m
18-May-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi bros, i had change my front component speakers to DLS, and i had a pair of tweeters installed couple of months back, if i were to add a subwoofer, as i wan bass, issit recommanded??? Coz the stock HU like cannot adjust treble and bass 1, pls advise.

Crazyforice
19-May-2008, 12:32 AM
Bass???? Wat ur expectation???

v3n0m
19-May-2008, 05:09 AM
i'm not too sure, but erm let's just say normal expectation? lol

Crazyforice
19-May-2008, 09:29 AM
i'm not too sure, but erm let's just say normal expectation? lol

Let me hear ur ICE during the meet up...

Nothing78
19-May-2008, 08:21 PM
Bro Venom, welcome to the world of ICE... is never end... is poisonous....

Dun say never warn you.... crazyforice car... you better dun go and listen his ICE.... else your pocket will kena big hole.... hahahaha.....

Serious, if you want performance dun put too much in ICE, else, put alot of it in!!! hahaha..

You have amp in car? Or driving with stock HU only? DLS is a good pair of speakers.

=)

v3n0m
20-May-2008, 12:26 AM
No amp, all i wan is bass nia, coz my HU can adjust subwoofer, but i dun hv 1, i'm not a ICE person, so i wun invest in it hehe

Trinity
20-May-2008, 01:59 AM
Hi bros, i had change my front component speakers to DLS, and i had a pair of tweeters installed couple of months back, if i were to add a subwoofer, as i wan bass, issit recommanded??? Coz the stock HU like cannot adjust treble and bass 1, pls advise.

For me ar i change my HU to pioneer cause the stock HU cant adjust much of a bass, treble and etc.... After i change my HU the sound is much better then the stock HU... Hope this will help...

sky_vinz
02-Jan-2009, 11:41 AM
Guys, currently I've an amp powering my component speakers. Would like to ask, will there be a lot of diff if I were to add an active subwoofer? Passive subwoofer is a little out of my budget. Any pros and cons of an active subwoofer?

kenz
21-Apr-2009, 11:50 PM
Guys, currently I've an amp powering my component speakers. Would like to ask, will there be a lot of diff if I were to add an active subwoofer? Passive subwoofer is a little out of my budget. Any pros and cons of an active subwoofer?

hi there... get one normal passive sub first lor.. i guess should be ard hundred like that at sim lim.. but dun expect too much on that hundred sub.. :D

sunnytan31
27-Apr-2009, 08:44 AM
No amp, all i wan is bass nia, coz my HU can adjust subwoofer, but i dun hv 1, i'm not a ICE person, so i wun invest in it hehe

Bro, maybe u can consider active sub, can put under seat..

Cool79
01-May-2009, 05:17 AM
is it easy to connect the sub?

don know want to get a sub plus amp plus twister a not...
or just get the sub....

all my speaker are stock

j_aimar12
10-May-2009, 01:31 AM
is it easy to connect the sub?

don know want to get a sub plus amp plus twister a not...
or just get the sub....

all my speaker are stock

u mean tweeter?
i suggest u change ur front to component speakers and leave the rear stock.from there,u can consider adding amp,change rear coaxial speakers and so on...

Cool79
10-May-2009, 12:46 PM
i want to have the bass feeling onli... so want to know is it easy to connect active sub... hehe then can save some money on the component speaker.

my steps which i am thinking is
active sub, then component then coaxial speaker....

mEssi_69
10-May-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey bro...dont put active sub...no power...waste of money...its bass is only slightly btr than ur stock speakers...Get a MonoBlock or 2-channel, hock up at least a 12" single coil sub, u'll feel it mann !!! My personal oppinion, u also dont need coaxial, just a sub and component (Run Active!) + a relatively gd HU, And it'll do the job. ICE is fun...enjoy !!

Cool79
12-May-2009, 01:09 PM
the passtive sub will be big right?
need to put in a box and take up my rear boot space right? :(

also monblock means what? the brand of the amp?

mEssi_69
12-May-2009, 06:28 PM
Erm...Mr Cool, hard to answer u mann...at least let us know ur budget then can advise u...there are hundreds of brands inthe market mann. Looks like u r hooked :D

Cool79
28-May-2009, 01:00 AM
i got my active sub liao!!!
280... 2nd hand 1. bazooka. nice le!!!! put at the boot there 1.... the bass is really can feel it