PDA

View Full Version : how much boost can cs5 tahan?

egria06
13-Jul-2008, 01:18 PM
hi all, im new to tis forum and brought my cs5 3 months ago, can i noe how much more boost can i add b4, currently added 0.4 to make it 0.8bar of boost... still can added? btw my car is stock, except for the boost controller...

benny
14-Jul-2008, 08:54 AM
1 bar

MZSport
14-Jul-2008, 11:52 AM
hi all, im new to tis forum and brought my cs5 3 months ago, can i noe how much more boost can i add b4, currently added 0.4 to make it 0.8bar of boost... still can added? btw my car is stock, except for the boost controller...

I guess its not the car can tahan how much boost, for stock its the TD035 can tahan how much boost before the turbo give way..

egria06
14-Jul-2008, 11:54 AM
thks for the reply bro, anyway wat kind of mod must be done to boost beyond that? Any idea? ^^

jimsg
14-Jul-2008, 12:24 PM
thks for the reply bro, anyway wat kind of mod must be done to boost beyond that? Any idea? ^^

change engine.

skyCS5
14-Jul-2008, 12:30 PM

change engine.

yup change engine is e fastest n cheapest way.

skyCS5
14-Jul-2008, 12:34 PM

u need to remove speed n boost cut in order to boost higher. Stock turbo best at ard 0.8bar anything u boost higher is useless cos the turbo boost end at ard 3500 to 4500 rpm.

egria06
15-Jul-2008, 01:31 PM
oooh, thks to all bros for all the ans, one last question, any idea about the lancer GSR using 4g93t engine, wat there such a big different from our? in term of hp, isn't it a gdi engine too? if really make a swop, will it be very obvious?

MZSport
15-Jul-2008, 04:13 PM
oooh, thks to all bros for all the ans, one last question, any idea about the lancer GSR using 4g93t engine, wat there such a big different from our? in term of hp, isn't it a gdi engine too? if really make a swop, will it be very obvious?

Paper Spec
4G93T - 165BHp
4G63 (Evo8) - 280BHp
4G64 (Evo7GTA) - 250BHp AutoGear - 5speed
4G64 (AirTeck Turbo) - 250BHp AutoGear - 5speed

Drop in better cheaper

xrjo
27-Sep-2008, 02:05 PM

bro, what boost controller were you using when u boost to 0.8 bar? did u adjust the A/F ratio?

i used the Blitz Electronic Boost Controller (SSBC) to boost til 0.8 but never do anything to the A/F ratio. Car feels funny like not enough fuel like that leh.

mi setup - drop in filter, operated muffler and BOV onli.

cheers
joe

MZSport
30-Sep-2008, 11:28 PM

bro, what boost controller were you using when u boost to 0.8 bar? did u adjust the A/F ratio?

i used the Blitz Electronic Boost Controller (SSBC) to boost til 0.8 but never do anything to the A/F ratio. Car feels funny like not enough fuel like that leh.

cheers
joe

How much GAIN did u set? Try set GAIN settings to 10 ~ 15

xrjo
02-Oct-2008, 04:44 PM

cheers
joe

How much GAIN did u set? Try set GAIN settings to 10 ~ 15

thx bro i will check

lousycs5
14-Oct-2008, 05:33 PM

change engine.
maybe change 14 inc tyre can help to gain abit more power

lousycs5
14-Oct-2008, 05:37 PM

change engine.

yup change engine is e fastest n cheapest way.

change driver can help ??

keepcoolnizam
23-Feb-2009, 12:03 AM
i heard can boost up to 0.9 bar

Zircodin
23-Feb-2009, 12:19 AM
hear say hear say i've heard that the limit is 1.2bar... my car is currently at 0.7bar which is around the boost cut limit... which i think is 0.8 bar (if memory serves me right)

so setting at 0.7 bar with my Blitz boost controller will allow a smooth boost without the ECU jerking back with the boost cut. its a give or take lor... either get good boost and hit the boost cut or normal boost but generally quite smooth.

oh btw... egria06 welcome to the cs5 group! =)

maipaozi
23-Feb-2009, 12:51 AM
Paper Spec
4G93T - 165BHp
4G63 (Evo8) - 280BHp
4G64 (Evo7GTA) - 250BHp AutoGear - 5speed
4G64 (AirTeck Turbo) - 250BHp AutoGear - 5speed

Drop in better cheaper

evo 8 / 7gta / airtrek all 4G63T bro :flowers:

MZSport
23-Feb-2009, 10:01 AM
evo 8 / 7gta / airtrek all 4G63T bro :flowers:

Oops must be a mistake that time i type.. keke Good Spotting :)

ghim
09-Jul-2009, 09:51 PM
may i know if hit the boost cut will it do any harm to your engine? or any effects? just a jerk?

Zircodin
09-Jul-2009, 10:55 PM
may i know if hit the boost cut will it do any harm to your engine? or any effects? just a jerk?

well there's no effect on the engine. its more of a safety feature. cause if you over boost. ie 1.3bar or so... the pistons can go piang!!! and thats it for you man. so mitsubishi made a boost cut on the ECU programming to cut your boost as long as it passes 0.7bar.

so essentially if you tune your car and your turbo can easily hit 1.0bar. as you pass 0.7 bar and rapidly increasing to 1.0bar, your ecu will cut back and you'll feel a jerk in the form of a decrease in acceleration. so what some of us do, is we tune to 0.7bar only. that way your acceleration will be fast and smooth and your boost cut will not kick in.

=)

ghim
09-Jul-2009, 11:58 PM
wow! walking dictionary ehs! thanks so much!

kqkqcinta
10-Jul-2009, 12:34 AM
change engine.

change kkj .... u damn free post here no time to maken with me

nikolaiski
11-Jul-2009, 03:19 PM
well there's no effect on the engine. its more of a safety feature. cause if you over boost. ie 1.3bar or so... the pistons can go piang!!! and thats it for you man. so mitsubishi made a boost cut on the ECU programming to cut your boost as long as it passes 0.7bar.

so essentially if you tune your car and your turbo can easily hit 1.0bar. as you pass 0.7 bar and rapidly increasing to 1.0bar, your ecu will cut back and you'll feel a jerk in the form of a decrease in acceleration. so what some of us do, is we tune to 0.7bar only. that way your acceleration will be fast and smooth and your boost cut will not kick in.

=)

If that's the case, would you say that removing the boost cut also enables the turbo to continue spooling past 4000rpm? As you know we only get good boost below that. Since most report that the optimum boost level is 0.8 bar, how much horsepower/torque diff/feel will there be with 0.1 bar diff in boost?

Zircodin
11-Jul-2009, 03:47 PM
If that's the case, would you say that removing the boost cut also enables the turbo to continue spooling past 4000rpm? As you know we only get good boost below that. Since most report that the optimum boost level is 0.8 bar, how much horsepower/torque diff/feel will there be with 0.1 bar diff in boost?

actually your turbo is not limited by your rpm actually. from experience my turbo starts boosting at 2.3k. but about 3.3k its holding a constant 0.7bar all the way till 6.5k rpm. but the engine torque and power curve only gives you good peaks of each curve till about 5k (at least for my tuning)

i was told that each bar difference is about 10HP. not sure how accurate is that cause its a might heck of a lot of difference honestly. but do note that from what i'm told, boosting at 1.3bar is super painful on fuel consumption. for me boosting at 0.7bar i get about 10-11km/h on average.

nikolaiski
12-Jul-2009, 03:29 AM
ahh so the boost cut only limits the boost like you said and does not cut it off any any specific rpm lah.

If you can remember how the stock car ran, the turbo sort of looses it's push at 4K rpm, afterwhich it's mostly the cams working. That's the problem I wanna get around - i'll see if 0.8 bar and a retuning does it for me...heh

Zircodin
12-Jul-2009, 11:53 AM
ahh so the boost cut only limits the boost like you said and does not cut it off any any specific rpm lah.

If you can remember how the stock car ran, the turbo sort of looses it's push at 4K rpm, afterwhich it's mostly the cams working. That's the problem I wanna get around - i'll see if 0.8 bar and a retuning does it for me...heh

yup! well i'm not sure on how the stock car runs cause i didn't have a boost meter. but coming from a few different perspectives... based on power and torque peaks right, my tuned car gives a peak torque at like 3.5k and peak HP by about 5k. so essentially your car stops having an INCREASE in acceleration at 5k.

so thats purely talking about our car with no turbo factored in. our turbo boosts to 0.7bar on stock. 0.7 bar essentially isn't hard to archive. even if i rev spiritedly, my max boost hits by about 4k. so essentially your turbo is maxed out by 4k and hence no more increase in acceleration.

so putting this from a physiological point of view. you've got sensors in your ear that measure changes in acceleration. so you'll have this sensation when you start accelerating in a car you head feels like its being thrown back. but if your acceleration is constant, your sensors make that the new datum. so based on this once your turbo kicks in you feel a 2nd change in acceleration. so you feel a second push. but once your turbo maxes out, your acceleration is no longer as quick so you feel a deceleration instead in your sensors. which i hope explains your why you feel you lose your push at 4k rpm.

nikolaiski
14-Jul-2009, 12:49 AM
yeaa that's a good explanation actually...kinda brings back the whole butt dyno concept too..haha

our turbo stock 0.7 bar ah? i thought it was 0.4...damn..so one has to rely on ALOT of other factors during tuning other than just upping the boost i guess...reportedly a few shops have been able to claim 200 bhp at the crank with intake and ECU mods/tuning only.

skyCS5
14-Jul-2009, 08:20 AM
yeaa that's a good explanation actually...kinda brings back the whole butt dyno concept too..haha

our turbo stock 0.7 bar ah? i thought it was 0.4...damn..so one has to rely on ALOT of other factors during tuning other than just upping the boost i guess...reportedly a few shops have been able to claim 200 bhp at the crank with intake and ECU mods/tuning only.

u wan my turbo?

kqkqcinta
14-Jul-2009, 09:05 AM
u wan my turbo?

free??????

maipaozi
14-Jul-2009, 05:36 PM
u wan my turbo?

u sell ur turbo den buy my turbo la :clap::clap:

skyCS5
15-Jul-2009, 02:41 PM
u sell ur turbo den buy my turbo la :clap::clap:

ur turbo i cannot fix lei. too big for my head. lol...........

kqkqcinta
15-Jul-2009, 05:16 PM
ur turbo i cannot fix lei. too big for my head. lol...........

you head to toe all so small of cos cannot fix la ....

skyCS5
16-Jul-2009, 12:53 AM
you head to toe all so small of cos cannot fix la ....

ya lar. urs e biggest mah.

kqkqcinta
16-Jul-2009, 09:41 AM
ya lar. urs e biggest mah.

hahah mine below big the rest all small :)
my car already dekited already :)
now my car worth only 35k less then 3 year old.

skyCS5
16-Jul-2009, 12:01 PM
hahah mine below big the rest all small :)
my car already dekited already :)
now my car worth only 35k less then 3 year old.

urs and ors ard that price liao la. buy X sell cheap.

kqkqcinta
16-Jul-2009, 08:31 PM
urs and ors ard that price liao la. buy X sell cheap.

well i guess have to drive another year to break even :)