PDA

View Full Version : How upgradable is our GT's rockford speakers?

Colossus
22-Jul-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi,
I have did a search and could only find the wiring diagram of our GT's sound system. The diagram shows that the front speakers and tweeter did not have crossover and take their respective signal directly from the AMP. Was wondering if anyone tried to upgrade their GT's sound system with only upgrading the amp and speakers leaving the indash head unit intact?

Cheers

Dihudaxia
03-Aug-2008, 04:52 PM
Can be done.

Speakers can be changed (provided you do a whole set. Eg: Front tweeter & Mid-bass + Crossover).

As for amp, not too sure.

Colossus
03-Aug-2008, 07:06 PM
Can be done.

Speakers can be changed (provided you do a whole set. Eg: Front tweeter & Mid-bass + Crossover).

I have read the wire diagram... it seems that all the component after the HU can be changed. I want to change becos initially I could not hear the mid as compared to my friend's setup in his markx. But the mid became audible after I sound proofed my car.

so now no need to spend vitamin M on ICE for the moment..:P

Dihudaxia
04-Aug-2008, 01:34 AM
Can be done.

I have read the wire diagram... it seems that all the component after the HU can be changed. I want to change becos initially I could not hear the mid as compared to my friend's setup in his markx. But the mid became audible after I sound proofed my car.

so now no need to spend vitamin M on ICE for the moment..:P

Yes, soundproofing helps alot.
But to be honest, thr RF setup, although branded, is quite rubbish. Esp if you are a serious audiophile.

There are low cost speakers out there that can put the RF ones to shame.
Should consider something low-mid end and you will immediately find a HUGE improvement.

The RF setup has no dedicated crossover, that means that the signal filtering is done via the amp, which in turn compromises the quality.

If you are looking for a decent cheap-ish setup for the front, i can try to recommend one which i have used before.

Vampgen
13-Aug-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi all, the rockford system that is inside the EX GT is actually a OEM rockford speakers. Technically you can say that the speakers are actually not rockford. They made it specially for Mitsubishi. so i guess you dun expect anything good that come out from it. Like all one cent of money you only can one cent of goods, If you really want a "rockford" system, i think you can head to your nearest audio installer. :)

Just my 2 cents.

ExLancer1979
18-Sep-2008, 12:55 AM
any bros know what is the model of the rockford amp in the lancer EX?

Colossus
28-Sep-2008, 07:00 PM
Went down to a workshop and the owner told me that all the ICEs inside the GT are made in China, you cannot find them listed on the rockford web site at all. Though it sounded okay to me, but I could tell the difference in my friend's ice as his high end ice sounded way too good and is making me very itchy to upgrade my current system. The shop owner suggested changing the entire system except the Woofer and promise me that I can still use back my steering control after the upgrade. The new system will have a DVD touch screen player, a new amp (wif time delay), a set of component speaker (front, rear use back old one) and a centre speaker. The set may set me back about 3k but the good thing is The set also allow integrated BT, that is to say, the speaker vol will be automactically reduced whenever a call is made.

Okay.. time to save up $$$ for the above. :P

Cheers

Bottle
10-Oct-2008, 09:58 PM
Went down to a workshop and the owner told me that all the ICEs inside the GT are made in China, you cannot find them listed on the rockford web site at all. Though it sounded okay to me, but I could tell the difference in my friend's ice as his high end ice sounded way too good and is making me very itchy to upgrade my current system. The shop owner suggested changing the entire system except the Woofer and promise me that I can still use back my steering control after the upgrade. The new system will have a DVD touch screen player, a new amp (wif time delay), a set of component speaker (front, rear use back old one) and a centre speaker. The set may set me back about 3k but the good thing is The set also allow integrated BT, that is to say, the speaker vol will be automactically reduced whenever a call is made.

Okay.. time to save up $$$ for the above. :P

Cheers

Hi, the DVD player u mentioned is from where? Taiwan? Btw, which shop is that? can let me know? Thanks

Colossus
31-Oct-2008, 11:31 PM
[/quote]

Hi, the DVD player u mentioned is from where? Taiwan? Btw, which shop is that? can let me know? Thanks[/quote]

The DVD player is sony. Think sony only got one model.

Anyway, I upgraded my system but did not get a LCD cos I wanted a better sound than visual.