Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Light

Default Map Light

Has anyone here installed map lights for their CS3? Or has recommendations?
    Regards
    sky_vinz

I don't know the exact bulb for CS3 maplight but it can be easily DIYed. Same goes for pole lights, boot lights and number plate lights. Can go buy those 24 LED types from Autobacs or Stamford.

Alternatively, if you need help, there are many DIY gurus around.

But if you prefer someone to fix it for you, look for Nelson, Nightconceptz or Rockoil under Commercial section.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_vinz View Post
    Has anyone here installed map lights for their CS3? Or has recommendations?
    Hi bro,

There is no cs3 map light. Accordingly to some bro some where near alexandar there got a workshop can help u cut your body and install a map light for you about $170+
    Do not PM/Email/SMS me unless you really need to. If failure to comply all PM/Email/SMS will be auto ignored without notice.

** NEW ** -> Signature Policy | TCSS Policy

Thanks guys.

Bro darkwolf, do you have the contact?
    Regards
    sky_vinz

Quote Originally Posted by MCLithium View Post
    I don't know the exact bulb for CS3 maplight but it can be easily DIYed. Same goes for pole lights, boot lights and number plate lights. Can go buy those 24 LED types from Autobacs or Stamford.

Alternatively, if you need help, there are many DIY gurus around.

But if you prefer someone to fix it for you, look for Nelson, Nightconceptz or Rockoil under Commercial section.
    tink is nt easily to diy maplite... cutting n wiring involve... leave it to the pro... ^_^

My Wifey: from EG9M >>> CS3M >>> FD1M >>> RD5A
    ~ 问世间车为何物 * 直叫我生死相许 ~

Does anyone have the contacts to install map light? Quality installation needed. Dont wish to regret with ugly cuttings.

Or does the RalliArt Pit (Alexandra) has it? Previously seen it at the RalliArt Pit (Ubi), which I think has moved/closed.

Do share the pics if you've done so. =)
    Regards
    sky_vinz

You can check with nelson_led he has the contacts as he did it for his cs3 the previous round
    Do not PM/Email/SMS me unless you really need to. If failure to comply all PM/Email/SMS will be auto ignored without notice.

** NEW ** -> Signature Policy | TCSS Policy

darkwolf: Noted. Thanks bro. Will pm him. Lost his number.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

Quote Originally Posted by sky_vinz View Post
    darkwolf: Noted. Thanks bro. Will pm him. Lost his number.
    hehe...i think his number can be easily found in the commercial sell section....

To those who're interested to have a map light for their Lancer Cs3:

I've just ordered a map light (Original Mitsubishi Lancer Ex) from this shop recommended by bros. Stock should be arriving in about 3-4weeks time. Will try to post a picture if anyone is interested to view.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

The Mitsubishi map light finally reached Singapore yesterday, from Japan. Was a long wait of 40days. And finally reached the shop last evening. Went over to the shop early this morning, and this is the result after 2+hrs.

Not bad. Everything is working well as it is supposed to be. Dimming effect, yes. Light on when door(s) open, yes. Comes with an additional switch to adjust if you wish for the light to be on whenever you open the door(s) or not.

Cost= $180 with installation.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

Bro,

Can PM me the details of this shop ? Cos i am driving a basic Lancer ex model which does not come with the front map light. I would like to install in my ride.

Bro

Can PM me the details as well? I am keen on this mod. Thanks!

Lock, Stock & Smoking!!

Actually this is the car accessories shop recommended by a senior bro here. Blk 27A Commonwealth Avenue. Just opposite Queenstown Mrt.

-Worksmanship wise, normal to good. At least everything is working fine for now.

-Service wise, very average. Was told waiting time is 3-4 weeks, ended up waited for 40days. Have to call a couple of times to enquire, they may miss out. When they inform you that stock has arrived, please confirm if the 'stock has arrived in Singapore', or the 'stock has arrived in their shop'. They made me waste a trip yesterday afternoon. Lastly, they left many stains on my windscreen. Have to clean up after the installation. (I'm very particular/fussy about stains on glass.)

Good thing is that it's an original Mitsubishi part. Recalled I went to RalliArt accessories' parallel importer 1+yr ago, was told map light with installation was $350-$400! Different model of map light though, but same functions.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

You all can also consider getting the map light from the CS3 with sunroof. Has 3 bulbs, 1 for each side and 1 in the middle.

That shop got carry original sonata map light come with sunglass holder... About 4 years back one of my CS3 customer installed by them at 130 buck.

That shop should be Tong Lee Wee right?

Bros,

Get from Ming Ghee for about $60+ which include the bulbs. This is the CS5 version without the sunglass holder. The middle light to switch on similar to the cabin light. The side 2 are individuals switch. Need some diodes.

Power tap from Driver's A Pillar which goes to the cabin light.

Pencil to trace and sharp thick pen knife to cut the outline of the Map Light housing. Cut slightly smaller then then map light housing. No need double anything to hold it in place. but after about 3-4 years it start to get loose and i added a strip of double sided tape. (The sunglass version need to add in some bracket due to weight with the sunglass)

Min Ghee Auto Pte Ltd
    Branch Office
    20 Veerasamy Road, Singapore 207327
    Main Line: (65) 6293 3007 • Fax No. (65) 6299 9617
    http://www.minghee.com/contact.asp

Edryan: I think you are right..

Defelio: Wow. Nice. I was actually looking for something like this. Smaller..
    Regards
    sky_vinz

anyone doing MO? think quite a useful mod.