Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

yep... nong nong time ago, a white cs3 guy bought a eg6 and removed the rear seats... no problems there even after he got into a 5-car collision on the CTE.
    police ambulance all come also nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by sky_vinz View Post
    searchguide: Really legal to remove rear seats? But confirm okie with LTA side? Haha! Worry la, yet no money yet to buy a 2seater.

searchguide: Thanks, noted! =D

Btw I understand that the bottom piece which we sit on, can be easily removed by pulling upwards. And the rear piece which we lean on, can be removed using spanners. However, wish to ask, how do we remove the 2 side cushions beside the seat belts and doors?

Thanks in advance for advice.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

Quote Originally Posted by desmundo View Post
    rear seat should be very significant. wah!
    is it? i feel the rear seat like not very heavy leh...though still will help lah..

Quote Originally Posted by X_ist View Post
    is it? i feel the rear seat like not very heavy leh...though still will help lah..
    my guess by the amount of leather and cushion, should shave at least 40 kg bah... should effectively gain approximately 5 horsepower.

if i would ever remove the rear seat, i will put a plastic plank across it... with no back rest. haha!
    Stay Stock or Look Stock!

desmundo: Wah, plastic plank. Beach feel~
    Regards
    sky_vinz

dun have 40kg la.

my guess by the amount of leather and cushion, should shave at least 40 kg bah... should effectively gain approximately 5 horsepower.

if i would ever remove the rear seat, i will put a plastic plank across it... with no back rest. haha!

the two side cushions not sure how to remove. can't help you there.

Btw I understand that the bottom piece which we sit on, can be easily removed by pulling upwards. And the rear piece which we lean on, can be removed using spanners. However, wish to ask, how do we remove the 2 side cushions beside the seat belts and doors?

Quote Originally Posted by searchguide View Post
    dun have 40kg la.
    the cushion so thick! backrest also thick!
    guess only la... you take out b4 meh?

searchguide: Thanks anyway. =)

Currently still considering.. If it's worth the trouble to remove and find a place at home to keep.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

cushion ley, not metal... where got 40kg?

if i dun remember wrongly, take out the back seat liao, got screws want..

i got carry before when changing fuel pump, think dun have 40kg, bottom one at most 5-8kg

X_ist: Thanks for the advice, think I saw them. Both at the sides of the bottom piece near the doors.

Btw I Googled, and saw someone mentioning that his Honda Civic's rear seats weigh somewhere around 12kg.. May be a good reference.
    Regards
    sky_vinz

wow seh think my backside weighs more than the whole rear seats...
    slim down myself better!

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/Tech/s...m=4&ChildNum=5

A good read on tyre technical classification
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

one question... the right back absorber of my car is leaking(according to my mechanic so pls dun kill me if im using the term wrongly).. i'm on tanabes and when i called jeepchee to ask, eric(i think was his name) tells me that i can't change just the absorber because tanabe's rear 'coil overs' (in inverted corners cause after reading this thread i dun dare to use it flippantly) is like in one piece or smthing along tt line but its not necessary to change both my rear 'coil overs' and i can actually just change the one tt's leaking. when i asked if its going to affect anything on my car he says it won't. So now im quite confused cos like.. u did mention that dampers should be changed as a kit and not one side by one side... so, erm.. dampers and absorbers are diff things right? like is it really okay for me to change one side instead of both?

pls dun kill me if any of the terms i use here is wrong. o_o

thanks!

If u're not into serious tracking or racing then you probably won't be able to notice the difference between changing one or a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by hanster View Post
    one question... the right back absorber of my car is leaking(according to my mechanic so pls dun kill me if im using the term wrongly).. i'm on tanabes and when i called jeepchee to ask, eric(i think was his name) tells me that i can't change just the absorber because tanabe's rear 'coil overs' (in inverted corners cause after reading this thread i dun dare to use it flippantly) is like in one piece or smthing along tt line but its not necessary to change both my rear 'coil overs' and i can actually just change the one tt's leaking. when i asked if its going to affect anything on my car he says it won't. So now im quite confused cos like.. u did mention that dampers should be changed as a kit and not one side by one side... so, erm.. dampers and absorbers are diff things right? like is it really okay for me to change one side instead of both?

pls dun kill me if any of the terms i use here is wrong. o_o

thanks!
    I always tell people to change a pair. The problem is that if you are using a kit, how are you going to buy that one piece of damper since they only retail as a kit.

Might as well go to KYB and get the whole Excel G damper kit for your car. It can match Tanabe lowering spring if your lowering is not more than 30mm.
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

hey guys, I'm planning on buying new mags and tyres for my Lancer EX. I don't want to go for 18", is there anyone here using 17" rims? Any recommendations are highly appreciated. Thanks!