Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Hi all,

Can I ask if what is the difference between ECU flashing and road tuning? I was quoted by a vendor in lmc for road tuning. Is it the same for ecu flashing? by the way mine ride also not installed with unichip. Just a cai with DR.

Quote Originally Posted by kelbin View Post
    Hi all,

Can I ask if what is the difference between ECU flashing and road tuning? I was quoted by a vendor in lmc for road tuning. Is it the same for ecu flashing? by the way mine ride also not installed with unichip. Just a cai with DR.
    Bro, perhaps my previous post wasn't clear enough. From my understanding, tuning means you need your car's ECU to bahave differently to intake, exhaust, rpm, throttle depression etc. You can either do that via a piggyback device that 'cheats' the ECU or by flashing the ECU directly via a software.

As for the process of running the car for the purpose of tweaking the parameters of the car (that is tuning), you can either do it on a Dyno or on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by phanyong View Post
    Bro, perhaps my previous post wasn't clear enough. From my understanding, tuning means you need your car's ECU to bahave differently to intake, exhaust, rpm, throttle depression etc. You can either do that via a piggyback device that 'cheats' the ECU or by flashing the ECU directly via a software.

As for the process of running the car for the purpose of tweaking the parameters of the car (that is tuning), you can either do it on a Dyno or on the road.
    Hi bro,

Thanks for the detailed explanantion. Noted that.

recommend to tune as the fuel/air ratio is different from stock exhaust. As other bros mentioned, the low end will suffer...hence go tune and you will feel the your DR is fully optimised!! :-)
    Performance & Speed

RALLIIIIIIIART Racing

Question : got some wielding on extractor will it pass ?
    Life is like a dick, it get hard at times...:asshole:

Or any ways I can go about ?

Nvm problem solved :..

There is sound coming out from midpipe. Sounds like air leaking. Anybody bros can help?

hi jucifer, it could be because of your flexi pipe that has broken. you may want to head to either Fong Kim or GT Garage to have it replaced. Price should be 100-150 range.
    Oh great. I seriously love my CS3. :D

I feel that DR full exhaust is really damn loud ! I use to drive REX, i also buay tahan DR sound. Haha..

I got my DR not long ago, and went for reflash!
    it was brilliant, and the exos is like symphony orchestra to me.

My DR exhaust is softer than other DR I heard on the road. What might be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Westmeres View Post
    My DR exhaust is softer than other DR I heard on the road. What might be the issue?
    Have you went for reflash or maybe go back fong kim to check.
    Do not PM/Email/SMS me unless you really need to. If failure to comply all PM/Email/SMS will be auto ignored without notice.

** NEW ** -> Signature Policy | TCSS Policy

Went for tuning by Alex twice. Went to fong kim to have it checked, no leak whatsoever. But I still don't understand why the exhaust is so soft, especially during start, be it cold or warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Westmeres View Post
    Went for tuning by Alex twice. Went to fong kim to have it checked, no leak whatsoever. But I still don't understand why the exhaust is so soft, especially during start, be it cold or warm.
    Different batch of DR sound difference. Usually tuning the engine will affect the exhaust sound as well. if the engine is running rich, your DR may sound soft as well.

Just installed first DR on my ride. wooooo love the sound of it

Been noticing a lot of DRs on the roads these days. After hearing the familiar boom, I'll look around to spot a lancer. Usually I'll still be able to match the sound to the vehicle tens of seconds later. It is times like this that I hope the increase in performance can somewhat match up to that for the sound. Heh