Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default squeaking sound when turning steering wheel!

Yo bros,

Have u guys experienced squeaking sound when u guys turn the steering wheel? apparantly this happens everytime when the car was just started. after a few turns, the sound will be gone.

Pls kindly advise... thanks!

izzit the mscp carpark floor?
    Do not PM/Email/SMS me unless you really need to. If failure to comply all PM/Email/SMS will be auto ignored without notice.

** NEW ** -> Signature Policy | TCSS Policy

The squeaking is probably coming from the rubber of your tyres. Supposedly, its a very sign as it shows your tyres have grip! Nothing to worry about.

Lock, Stock & Smoking!!

i notice a sound if u pulll yr steering wheel full lock for U turn or etc. u will hear a sound.
    u refer to that?

so i usually dun do that, except my father when he drive my car. dunno isit harmful not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rueben27 View Post
    The squeaking is probably coming from the rubber of your tyres. Supposedly, its a very sign as it shows your tyres have grip! Nothing to worry about.
    actually hor...when tires makes sound means they losing grip...tires only screech when they losing grip...

thought some mscp will have sound? like u during parking sometimes also got sound. know what i mean?

Monsta bro!

Paiseh, I didnt know that! Bt in the mscp, my tyres also give out those screeching sound when I am turning stationary. Does that mean that my stock tyres are losing grip?

Bt they have only gone about 26000 km leh, I tot 1 set of tyres can last abt 40 -45K Km......

Lock, Stock & Smoking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rueben27 View Post
    Monsta bro!

Paiseh, I didnt know that! Bt in the mscp, my tyres also give out those screeching sound when I am turning stationary. Does that mean that my stock tyres are losing grip?

Bt they have only gone about 26000 km leh, I tot 1 set of tyres can last abt 40 -45K Km......
    Bro what they mean is when you are DRIVING... if you hear screeching noise while turning your tyres are losing grip.

But if you are STATIONARY in a carpark, and you turn the steering wheel and hear noise... it's cuz you are trying to turn your tyres while not moving... if your tyres don't "lose grip" while you do that, then your tyres won't move technically... So you can't turn the steering wheel. =D LOL!

But to answer tidalwave's question, I also hear the squeaking sound, and it definetely comes from steering wheel. I don't notice when it comes on and when it goes off though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Bro what they mean is when you are DRIVING... if you hear screeching noise while turning your tyres are losing grip.

But if you are STATIONARY in a carpark, and you turn the steering wheel and hear noise... it's cuz you are trying to turn your tyres while not moving... if your tyres don't "lose grip" while you do that, then your tyres won't move technically... So you can't turn the steering wheel. =D LOL!

But to answer tidalwave's question, I also hear the squeaking sound, and it definetely comes from steering wheel. I don't notice when it comes on and when it goes off though.
    LOL! Now I understand. Sorry all, my bad!

Lock, Stock & Smoking!!

ya bro razor, it is definitely not from the floor cos it happens both in mscp and road. I'm pretty sure it comes from the steering wheel...

So bro razor u just leave it as it is? did not check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by TiDaLwAv3 View Post
    ya bro razor, it is definitely not from the floor cos it happens both in mscp and road. I'm pretty sure it comes from the steering wheel...

So bro razor u just leave it as it is? did not check it out?
    Yeap yeap. I got billions (okay exaggerating abit =D) of wires running near and around the steering wheel area liao cuz of my lights and revspeed meter and all that... Go back C&C also they will charge... So didn't bother... doesn't affect turning though... Maybe just not enough lubricant =D

I got a similar problem b4. tot was steering wheel. asked workshop to check but nothing wrong. Found the sounds was from pillow mount. Problem solved with applied some WD40.

I hear a sound similar to a gecko calling.... when turning my steering.... i wonder if i'm the only one...
    Our Ex is on electric assisted steering right? so i guess it the sensor at work.

Quote Originally Posted by 90Y View Post
    I hear a sound similar to a gecko calling.... when turning my steering.... i wonder if i'm the only one...
    Our Ex is on electric assisted steering right? so i guess it the sensor at work.
    Our Ex is still using Hydraulic power steering...

the squeaking sound is driving me crazy... time to go cnc bang table again.... waste my time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ericrimu View Post
    Our Ex is still using Hydraulic power steering...
    I believe 1.5L is electric. 2L is hydraulic.

Quote Originally Posted by WagonR+_=Minus View Post
    I believe 1.5L is electric. 2L is hydraulic.
    yes..second that. thats why the 1.5 steering would feel substantially lighter than the 2.0 one
    Last edited by Spritzer; 05-Jan-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trails to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you humane and enough hope to keep you happy.

Hmmm........squeaking sound means no grip? Jialat!!! My T1Rs no grip?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TiDaLwAv3 View Post
    the squeaking sound is driving me crazy... time to go cnc bang table again.... waste my time!!!!
    Hi bro TiDaLwAv3, recently I'm experiencing exactly the same problem as you on my EX, after my 5k service...
    Just thinking of calling CnC but saw your thread here...

Any outcome? Your problem solved?

If you're very irritated by it... hmmm I think a bit of WD40 would do the trick but get a workshop to do for u. maybe pay them 5-10 bucks for the service and the lubricant. try those accessories shops.
    May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trails to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you humane and enough hope to keep you happy.