Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    875

    Default Matt black now an offence???

    Anyone heard abt tis?

    A colleague of mine told me to b careful as itz now illegal to hv matt black stickers on our rides. Reason was becoz itz not reflective.

    Dunno how true is it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Huh I think it is more likely to be an offence to have reflective rather than non-reflective stickers on rides...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    matt black are not visible at nite yes due to non reflective surface. they tink it hazardous for other road user at nite hmm maybe for lta n tp too. u noe run then play hide n seek in dark corners

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A Little Red Dot
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by koffee View Post
    Anyone heard abt tis?

    A colleague of mine told me to b careful as itz now illegal to hv matt black stickers on our rides. Reason was becoz itz not reflective.

    Dunno how true is it.
    they shd have made it officially illegal soon. no offence but if a car is completely matt black, they really post a road hazard on the road at nite. they are completely stealth especially if the kuku driver forgets to switch on the headlights...

    dats the reason y SAF vehicles are all matt green.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WEST
    Posts
    5,179

    Default

    yah i cannot stand kuku driving that drives without headlight on atnight. i drive pass them, horn to notify them, they usually seems oblivious, then i see their speedo, also not lighted, dark dark. funny hor, i really cannot understand these people. maybe they think they can see people, people can see them .

    sorry off topic a bit , allow me this monday rant
    Stay Stock or Look Stock!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A Little Red Dot
    Posts
    5,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by desmundo View Post
    yah i cannot stand kuku driving that drives without headlight on atnight. i drive pass them, horn to notify them, they usually seems oblivious, then i see their speedo, also not lighted, dark dark. funny hor, i really cannot understand these people. maybe they think they can see people, people can see them .

    sorry off topic a bit , allow me this monday rant
    tis happens when their speedo is "always on"...like honda speedos...evos one oso...so they wun know whether they on headlights or not...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
    they shd have made it officially illegal soon. no offence but if a car is completely matt black, they really post a road hazard on the road at nite. they are completely stealth especially if the kuku driver forgets to switch on the headlights...

    dats the reason y SAF vehicles are all matt green.
    Complete matt black can understand but partial?

  8. #8

    Default

    Then all those people who have masked their EX noses to matt black will get into trouble? How ingenious. What about those EX from 2009/2010 series with the ralliart bumper, their noses are matt black as well.

    Car ownership has become a legal trap thanks to the scholars at LTA.
    My favourite quote can't fit in here... :sad:


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    small parts like noses bonnets roof boot ok, its the whole body wrap tat is main topic with the authorities

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    875

    Default

    Matt black cannot. How abt matting in other colours? Saw a matt purple suzuki the other day, very swee leh!

  11. #11

    Default

    Then all SAF vehicles are illegal...

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnytan31 View Post
    Then all SAF vehicles are illegal...
    Yeah but dun forget,it is compulsory for all SAF vehicles to on their headlights at all times while travelling.
    Then again,SAF done it for tactical purpose...what grounds for drivers to matt up their ride?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevpang View Post
    Yeah but dun forget,it is compulsory for all SAF vehicles to on their headlights at all times while travelling.
    Then again,SAF done it for tactical purpose...what grounds for drivers to matt up their ride?

    hmm to protect their paintwork from light scracthes.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evo07 View Post
    hmm to protect their paintwork from light scracthes.
    Hahaha...very creative answer bro but dun think the white ants will think likewise.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    JW / Bedok / East Coast
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monsta View Post
    tis happens when their speedo is "always on"...like honda speedos...evos one oso...so they wun know whether they on headlights or not...
    Lancer Ex toooo...... except for the lightings of HU & AirCon dials...:driving:

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    3,682

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by kevpang View Post
    Hahaha...very creative answer bro but dun think the white ants will think likewise.
    hmm looks like there will be a new rule in LTA book soon liao for this. maybe inspection ctrs will have new station check for vehicle body reflectiveness. :driving:

  17. #17

    Default

    Check for reflectiveness? Then I'll have to polish my white ride till it's super reflective, make sure the inspector can see his teeth on the body panel... haha...
    My favourite quote can't fit in here... :sad:


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    on the fear of goalkeepers
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Then whole car chrome must be damn safe :]
    jB ///// /////ART

    Quote Originally Posted by jB
    If you want a fast car, buy a fast car because STOCK IS BEST.:gnorsi:

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Macpherson
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jB View Post
    Then whole car chrome must be damn safe :]
    haha, will get double fine coz u blind all the drivers..

    Shine by Angelwax..

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    on the fear of goalkeepers
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Too dark illegal, too bright kena fine. Stock is just right. :D
    jB ///// /////ART

    Quote Originally Posted by jB
    If you want a fast car, buy a fast car because STOCK IS BEST.:gnorsi:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •