Default DIY basic headlight to dark face?

any bro try such diy b4? mind sharing?

You mean tint the cover? Or the inside, the reflector assembly?

i am toking abt the reflector part u know?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeln View Post
    You mean tint the cover? Or the inside, the reflector assembly?

Yep I know what you're referring to. Mine when I got my car second-hand, was already sprayed. Can tell it was a basic edition, as got some parts not sprayed properly and can see silver underneath. You can opt to DIY, open up your headlight and spray it black, or you can opt to just swap/buy sports headlights. They are dark-chrome (dunno how else to describe).

yup bro, thanks for the advise, but the concern is i not sure how to do it leh. that is why i checking if any bro DIY b4

Yep I know what you're referring to. Mine when I got my car second-hand, was already sprayed. Can tell it was a basic edition, as got some parts not sprayed properly and can see silver underneath. You can opt to DIY, open up your headlight and spray it black, or you can opt to just swap/buy sports headlights. They are dark-chrome (dunno how else to describe).

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
    yup bro, thanks for the advise, but the concern is i not sure how to do it leh. that is why i checking if any bro DIY b4
    nah its not dark chrome. the outer layer plastic shell itself is tinted. u need good workmanship to get the chrome deflectors sprayed cos water vapour or leakages could happen if not sealed properly. get depo or eagle eye headlites to save the trouble cos u do tat deem illegal liao no difference

OH it's the headlamp itself that's tinted?!? I gotta have a damn close look at my friend's one liao.

Agreed about the good workmanship, foggy headlamps suck.

if that is the case maybe i will try tinting it for a better look any place for good and valuable light tinting for headlight

OH it's the headlamp itself that's tinted?!? I gotta have a damn close look at my friend's one liao.

Agreed about the good workmanship, foggy headlamps suck.

For sports, its not the outside clear cover that is tinted, its the shiny part that is actually black chrome, except for the reflectors around the bulb itself. Opening the headlight and respraying yourself basically not a very DIY job, almost sure to have fogging issues in the future. Best to bring to a professional to do.

so any professional to intro? what is the cost like?

Quote Originally Posted by vogelspinnen View Post
    For sports, its not the outside clear cover that is tinted, its the shiny part that is actually black chrome, except for the reflectors around the bulb itself. Opening the headlight and respraying yourself basically not a very DIY job, almost sure to have fogging issues in the future. Best to bring to a professional to do.

Ah-hah! So it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me when I saw that it was black chrome! :P

I dunno on the cost or who to do, sorry bro. Perhaps this one you can post in the lighting thread in the Lancer GLX forum, see if anyone can help. :)

heard Vim Auto, blk 9 defu lane 10 #01-498 can do it.
    call 81573455, alex

ok i will try. btw bro u did urs b4?

Quote Originally Posted by gerald2 View Post
    heard Vim Auto, blk 9 defu lane 10 #01-498 can do it.
    call 81573455, alex

Why want to darken your headlights, you need all the light you can have to drive safely brother

no la not darken. is actually prefer sport edition headlight but very hard to find ppl selling

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    Why want to darken your headlights, you need all the light you can have to drive safely brother

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
    ok i will try. btw bro u did urs b4?
    i didnt do it.
    but heard ppl do it there before. some more spray orange on the side to mimic the signal light......

give hime a call, ask him

Bro you want to buy the stock sports headlamp? Actually I think got people selling their sports headlamps you just gotta wait for it to appear on the market. :)

actually....... now, in commercial folder. got a bro claim can get sport and basic edition headlamp at a attractive price.
    i not sure how much, i jus saw e ads. give it a try bah

ya maybe i will give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by gerald2 View Post
    actually....... now, in commercial folder. got a bro claim can get sport and basic edition headlamp at a attractive price.
    i not sure how much, i jus saw e ads. give it a try bah