Default Going to bodykit shop in JB

Hey Bros,

Just wanna share so that this will not happen to you guys. I have been looking for this front grille wit a small mitsubishi logo to be install on my ride. Went to a few places in Singapore, FabX, Silent and Dmix but no luck. One of these shops i called said that they have it, so i came down and make an order but when i got there, the shop said they got no stock. They will need to cut my current front grille to shape it like the grille i am looking for. The damage is almost the same as they quote me with the front grille as the first place. Dissapointed but still decided to try to look for it somewhere else.

Next I tried JB, **Xmotorsport. Based on the website, they look respectable. Even when i email them, their response was quick. They also sound okay when calling them up. So, here goes. I already email them about those grilles and a gentleman replied yes, they have stock for that item. I was very happy to hear that and plan to get it soon. On that particular day, I could not get off from my work to collect the grille across the border, so my parents help me out as they were also heading jb to buy somethings.

I called the shop again to confirmed that they have it as my parents are coming over to collect them on the very same day. He said again yes, we have stock. When my parents arrived, he told them to wait for a while as he looks for it. Guess what.......they did not have it there. I was shocked when my parents called me up saying that the shop don't have those grilles. They have a respectable name and this is not how they handle their clients especially if they travel from across the border. Its totally a waste of time and money.

So if you guys are planning to get anything in jb, make sure you confirmed the stock is available. Thanks..........

Vox didn't really have a good reputation here. There's some feedback on their workmanship as well. Similar to the jewellery tyre shop, most ppl will recommend cos it's posted commonly in the forums but not necessary mean they are good.

Just my 2 cents worth

Have your all ever encounter a shop @ jb that not willing to sell their product to singapore car? I kena before lo.. ***pion boss seem to be unfriendly, he keep mention that singaporean ppl copy their bodykit design. I got a shock when he say that. Come on la, bodykit design is copy here and that de.. I will not ever step into that shop again.. KNS ~!

I have not much problem with the shop in jb. Going there personally will better. I bring some friends too.

Sideway...is the way....!

thread moved, i think shifting it here would definitely alert all members generally.

In general, I think Vox's customer svc really not up to mark. The boss and lady boss always seem to want to chop SG cars esp when you ask for a quote.

You need to bargain very hard with them to agree a price, after all, they are running a business and they also know why SG cars still continue to go to them. Certain simple things/mods you can let them do, but more complicated ones, you are better off paying slightly more and get it done at a reliable workshop in SG.

I had some simple mods which I did with them at a price which I was comfortable with and there were no issues. Guess anyone who has been to them have their own story to tell.

Lock, Stock & Smoking!!