Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Vibrate due to engine mounting ?

Hi Folks,

My car is already 100k. driving an ex 1.5. i can feel vibrate in car when stop at traffice light. can feel it very obvious when compressor kick out. very obvious when rpm drop to 600. firstly thought is throttle body dirty. but my throttle body is a new one jus change fron C&C. still i went to clean it but vibrate still persist.

i did a search in the forum and can see few bros has this issue of vibrate when low rpm. and i tink the rpm is operating in normal range as i rem it has always been same since day 1 i collect my car.

so now i am guessing if it is due to the engine mounting. i went to workshop to check 2 days ago and cant detect mounting crack. able to only check 3 mount cause 1 mount under the batt need to open up to see. so not sure if i should proceed to change it.

any bro here change engine mounting before ? any advise on the mention issue ?

cheers

what about your exhaust? Any loose hooks or mountings?

Hi Bro,

Actually the car only vibrate when on D mode. if i change to P or N. it does not vibrate.

my car was jack up previously by mechanics to check. they never mention exhaust loose. they only mention might be engine mounting which they cant confirm as well.

Hiazz... dunno if i should change the engine mount.

most likely is engine mount. i encountered the same issue. changed my mounts and now vibration is reduced by a significant amount.

HI Bro Kokermackolonious,

Are you driving an EX1.5 ? where did you change ? whats the damage ?

i driving cs3 bro. engine mounting is ard 400 - 500 for cs3. Got 4 mounts ma. EX should be ard the same pricing too bro. better to check with those bros who's driving an EX

Get aftermarket engine mount ! Can't remember what brand but know that a blue colour wanna . Think is made in USA.
    Last edited by Xboi; 20-Dec-2010 at 10:34 PM.
    GO TO GARAGE R for SERVICING !
    The most Praiseworthy form of painting is the one that resembles what it imitates.~ Leonardo Da Vinci

Any diffrence between aftermarket and original frm ming ghee ? original i koe cost $290 for 4 pieces.

Any bro change engine mounting on ex before ? pls feedback

cheers

engine mounting should not be the problem. i got the same problem with my ex 1.5. Went to check all my mounting but no cracks. The car by itself will have vibrations especially during idling. Have to get used to it. Cos at idling, the throttle opened at it minimum which cause the engine to vibrate a lot harder.

Hi Bro Mao Mao,

How old is your ride ? how many km did ?

when i jus got my ride last time. it was doing fine. no vibrate at all. only realise it recently when ride coming 3 years and 90k mark. the vibrate is getting stronger. strong enuff to irritate everyday driving.

So i dun think this is normal. mayb i will try to change the engine mount and see if the vibrate gets better.

is the mounting prob bro, i dealt a couple of lancers, some have serious mounting problem, while some have mile, i suppose is common or normal to have mounting problems, perhaps u can consider changing ur mounting, as for the trembling, partly is due to our cvt gearbox, as wat one of our bros did mentioned, in order to reduce the jerking while changing gear, the vibrations become stronger. i will be going garage next week to collect my car, wil check this out for u with my mechanic.
    JACK (9380 9888)

interesting read..
    could be either way?
    engine mount imho function as a damper for engine vibration.
    if it is worn or dead, the vibration should persist at all times particularly on lower rpm.
    If there is something amiss on the engine and/or transmission itself, replacing the engine mount will not solve the issue other than reduce the vibration feeling (but the vibration issue remains).
    just my thoughts..

Relocate engine sure solve problem hee hee...
    The most Praiseworthy form of painting is the one that resembles what it imitates.~ Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Folks,

Its very true as what bro Gee mention. if issue were to be engine or transmission prob. changing engine mount would only be masking the prob, not completely cure it. i hope it is really the engine mount that cause this.

Today i meet up with a friend driving a honda jazz. i notice he has the same issue exactly as mention. i sat in his car n try. same vibrate and rpm gets low. he too cant find out the prob. his car also coming 3 years old. guess not only mitsubushi. all jap car also same.

If not for engine mount, could it also be the idling motor faulthy ?

Hi Bro my car going to 3 years this Jan as my mileage at 91000++
    I put on 'D' also can feel this problem as i can feel the vibrate on mirror and seat belt if u never put at the correct placing.

I hear from my friend his JAZZ also got vibrate due to engine mount faulty on one side of the engine. I will check with him again.

Bro u can go CH Motor to check with the boss he will advice u.

Thanks.

Better go check :) all the best :)

Hi Bro calvinpor,

Actually i went to CH motor and check before. at first they thought is trottle body dirty. they took out my throttle body to clean. put it back, ask me to monitor. but vibrate still have.

So now im very sure its not due to trottle body. i went to check engine mount, also no crack. but i heard the mechanic mention sometimes if engine mount no crack also does not mean is working well. it might be harden due to wear and tear. so the insulation might not be as good as new.

So i am going to take a risk and change the engine mount and see how the effect. i will update here once after change.

Cheers

this vibrating thing is only happening on low rpm rite? both hot/cold engine?
    i would also check spark plugs, as well as try if higher octane fuel would help combustion on lower rpm.
    just my thoughts..

This vibrating very obvious when low rpm (compressor kick out) at around 600. it happen when engine is warm up. normal driving throughout the day.

Btw, my spark plug is new as well. jus change 2 months back. Mechanics also did take out and check. so not the spark plug as well.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sens View Post
    This vibrating very obvious when low rpm (compressor kick out) at around 600. it happen when engine is warm up. normal driving throughout the day.

Btw, my spark plug is new as well. jus change 2 months back. Mechanics also did take out and check. so not the spark plug as well.

Cheers
    You might want to try an ECU reset and see if it helps. Or see which workshop other than C&C can verify whether the idling speed of the engine with and without aircon on is set to the correct speed.:puke: