Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107
  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sens View Post
    Hi Bro,

    Im driving Auto EX 1.5, can change clutch oil ?
    CVT oil ijit?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Hi bro,
    CVT correct.

  3. #43

    Default

    HI Bros,


    I am also facing the same problem as well and it is irritating me everyday, and i hate it esp when there are lots of traffic lights..was planning to go CH but in the end, ppl here said they still cant solve the problem...please god...can send a engel engineer to come help poor guys like us??

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Hi all,

    Recently have been facing this vibration issue too. Went to rtes and they told me engine mounting problem. I purposely went to stockist, bought mounts, and went to my friend's workshop to change. When he brought out my original engine mounts, none of them had problems. The Foreman there then mentioned that it was highly likely due to the torque converter. Any thoughts?

  5. #45

    Default

    I also facing this problem. I thought of changing engine mounting too. What is torque converter? How much u brought the mounting? My car vibrate quite strong, when the Aircon cut off.

  6. #46

    Default

    my ride also facing the same problem.. workshop tell mi is engine mount loose and says is normal.. but now feeling it becoming stronger..

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Went To Jae Auto, got 3 OEM and 1 original mounting, about 230++. Couldn't get all OEM cause they didn't have enough stock. If all OEM then it would be about 200++. Anyway, Engine mounts should last at least about 100K km according to my workshop. But then, after i fitted the new mountings, vibration more a bit,engine sounds rougher...the workshop says to drive around for a couple of week, let the engine sink in to the mounting. Hope things get better. If not, OEM might not be the way to go for a comfortable ride. =(

    Torque Converter is what i think, a device connected to the gearbox, which acts as a clutch in an auto car. The foreman said SG can't find, need to go JB- SUPER SIAN.

  8. #48

    Default

    You can try the famous Khang Auto at Sin Ming Autopoint. They supposed to be specialists for autoboxes.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Our Services

    Automatic Transmission Repair & Maintenance
    .....
    Rebuilding of Torque Converter
    .....


    Wow looks like i'd be heading there soon.. thks for the info!

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Hi when you guys say vibration do you mean when you step on accereltor past 2.1k rpm the pedal starts to vibrate then as rpm increase the pedial vibrate more violently till leg a bit cramp lol. In D mode when waiting at traffic light same will vibrate. Is this the issue you all facing? I driving lancer ex.

  11. #51

    Default

    Engine will vibrate due to a lot of reasons leh bros.... Switch off ur air con I think ur engine will not vibrate that much. A lot of time the car vibrates because the mounting is hardened. If by switch off the air con lightens the vibration, think probably due to air con motor. Old already will vibrate more hahaha... I think la... U can try see correct a not :)

  12. #52

    Default

    Hi guys i have the same issue also. Car vibrate quite bad. dont know is it mounting or gearbox. Recently i change my gearbox oil seal due to leaking and vibration becomes worse after they remove the whole gearbox and fixed back.

    Any good place to change mountings? i checking on the labours of changing our 4 pcs of mounting. Mountings most likely i will call Ming Ghee, JAE or Conald to check for pricing.

  13. #53

    Default

    Check out the engine mounting price.

    It is a whopping $300 for a whole set for CS3

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    771

    Default

    roughly labor will cost how much? tks'

  15. #55

    Default

    Just to share with you my dad's car problem. His estima also have vibration problem, can go as low as 600rpm and feels like struggling to stay running, while in N mode. And its actually due to A/C compressor is faulty, it becomes harder for the engine to run the compressor, thus stressing on the engine.

    Ur problem may or may not be the same, as the possibility is numerous. However i believe engine mounting has nothing relevant to reduce rpm.

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reliable View Post
    Hi guys i have the same issue also. Car vibrate quite bad. dont know is it mounting or gearbox. Recently i change my gearbox oil seal due to leaking and vibration becomes worse after they remove the whole gearbox and fixed back.

    Any good place to change mountings? i checking on the labours of changing our 4 pcs of mounting. Mountings most likely i will call Ming Ghee, JAE or Conald to check for pricing.

    Dear All after I change all 4 pcs of engine mounting all the vibration and sound gone, so quiet and smooth now. Driving is better as now engine don't rock & roll so much.

  17. #57

    Default

    Hi all,

    I had been driving my EX 1.5 for 4 years plus now, vibration getting stronger and noiser and also intermittent A/C on off cold not cold issues, as one brother say might be the A/C compressor issues stressing on the Engine Mount.

    Ask around A/C compressor is 600 plus!

    So have to resolve the problem one by one? Going down to Wui Hong Enterprises , MIT authorised A/C fitter to check on A/C first.

    Where to get the engine mount and how much?

    Thanks

    From Too many problems...sian

  18. #58

    Default

    4 pcs of rubber cause ard $500 at HL... most important is the mounting no cracks... if because the rubber abit harden, it up to owners to change... i drive 1.5 also vibrate in D mode... therefore i always put N at red light... but it's always good to ask mechanic to check everytime during ur servicing to ensure the mounting no cracks


    Quote Originally Posted by tyw73 View Post
    Hi all,

    I had been driving my EX 1.5 for 4 years plus now, vibration getting stronger and noiser and also intermittent A/C on off cold not cold issues, as one brother say might be the A/C compressor issues stressing on the Engine Mount.

    Ask around A/C compressor is 600 plus!

    So have to resolve the problem one by one? Going down to Wui Hong Enterprises , MIT authorised A/C fitter to check on A/C first.

    Where to get the engine mount and how much?

    Thanks

    From Too many problems...sian

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Hey bros

    Any of your found the ultimate solution?

    Like what bro sen said, the vibration is most significant when going to a dead stop from maybe 10km/h, rpm is around 600 when the kompessor kicks out. Tried switching off the Aircon, vibration still there

    When on D mode Idling, also got such problems of vibrating

    Many of my EX customers got this problem too!! So annoying

    Thinking of doing liquid moly, any advices?

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    AMK/PUNGGOL
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancert View Post
    Hey bros

    Any of your found the ultimate solution?

    Like what bro sen said, the vibration is most significant when going to a dead stop from maybe 10km/h, rpm is around 600 when the kompessor kicks out. Tried switching off the Aircon, vibration still there

    When on D mode Idling, also got such problems of vibrating

    Many of my EX customers got this problem too!! So annoying

    Thinking of doing liquid moly, any advices?

    Hahaha.... doing what with Liquid Moly bro? hahaha....
    Be Original... Not a Poser!

    Love Life, Live Love

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •