Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Air - con - Cold & not Cold

Hi guys,
    Any one experience this problem can tell me what on earth is wrong? or maybe some workshop that you guys can recommend to me?

i have this problem a couple of times already. esp after stopping the car and running the aircon for awhile, the cold air just turned into normal temp...once, my condenser light kept blinking, after i clear the jam, or start to to move, for about 100km/hr, the cold air started coming back...checked with my mechanic, he say there is nothing wrong...just asked me to monitor again...

Hate it esp when i have a problem but at the end when u reach the workshop, problem gone and the cant rectify the problem!!!

Problem kid..

tt time my friend also this problem, i went with him to some aircon repair shop at taman sentosa in jb, he said was the clutch coil problem or something like that, replaced, and top up gas and ok already... damage i think rm340

Did your mech check the gas level? do the easy(cheapest) method first. check n top up air-con gas then general cleaning before gg into changing parts. :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    we study hard so that people don't look down on us, we study even harder so that we don't look down on people...

*p.s I am returning whatever knowledge that is taken from here by posting it back. I am not guru, not pro but just another LMC supporter. :cheers2:

i encounter similar problem recently, after driving in hot afternoon for 30min got stuck in traffic jam then the aircon start to blow warm air..
    switched on/off couple of times and max the coldest temp still the same.. tot aircon compressor kaput..
    then shortly the overheat warning light flashes and heat level rose to the max.. i realised that the car is overheating.

immediately parked the car to the side and let it cool for 30min..
    temp cool to normal and the car operate as usual with cool aircon..
    send it to friend's workshop, car idle for 20min with aircon no overheating no problem found.. very puzzled..
    so far drove for 2 weeks without traffic jam the car function normally, temp level maintain within 40-50% without overheating.

I realised that the fan does not run when i turn on the aircon or when the car is on idle, maybe tat's the reason why it caused the radiator to overheat.
    can someone enlighten me whether should radiator fan starts spinning the moment aircon is on?

thinking of sending to C&C to inspect in near future but dunno what r the charges as my lancer ex has passed the 3yr warranty period..
    Last edited by littedevil; 01-Feb-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by littedevil View Post
    i encounter similar problem recently, after driving in hot afternoon for 30min got stuck in traffic jam then the aircon start to blow warm air..
    switched on/off couple of times and max the coldest temp still the same.. tot aircon compressor kaput..
    then shortly the overheat warning light flashes and heat level rose to the max.. i realised that the car is overheating.

immediately parked the car to the side and let it cool for 30min..
    temp cool to normal and the car operate as usual with cool aircon..
    send it to friend's workshop, car idle for 20min with aircon no overheating no problem found.. very puzzled..
    so far drove for 2 weeks without traffic jam the car function normally, temp level maintain within 40-50% without overheating.

I realised that the fan does not run when i turn on the aircon or when the car is on idle, maybe tat's the reason why it caused the radiator to overheat.
    can someone enlighten me whether should radiator fan starts spinning the moment aircon is on?

thinking of sending to C&C to inspect in near future but dunno what r the charges as my lancer ex has passed the 3yr warranty period..
    Your ride is 1.5 or 2.0? Because 2.0 come with 2 fan, one is radiator fan, it only activate the fan once the radiator is hot, the another is air-con consender fan. If you say 1.5, one big fan blow two unit. 1.5 ride fan is always on and damn noisy, hehe.

thanks dscheng for the info, mine is 1.5
    i rather hv the noisy fan working for peace of mind than potential overheating ride.. hee..

OMG.. the new lancer EX still have the same problem that is compressor clutch..
    I guess it got nothing to do with the cc of the car..

I changed the compressor unit for my 06 lancer after that working fine.

HI Guys...I finally got rid of the problem already...mine is a 1.5ex with aircon start getting warm during a traffic jam...it is not the condenser that is having the problem...it is the clutch...and not the clutch tat has the fault...it is the washer inside..

Quote Originally Posted by zhiyou19 View Post
    HI Guys...I finally got rid of the problem already...mine is a 1.5ex with aircon start getting warm during a traffic jam...it is not the condenser that is having the problem...it is the clutch...and not the clutch tat has the fault...it is the washer inside..
    Erm.. how much is the damage to change the washer? Which workshop you go?

Bro,mine also starting to have this problem last few days.Can pm me thr place & damage for the repair.Thx in advance.
    December 2000 - May 2002 : XR 200 R
    May 2002 - March 2004 : Super 4 Version S
    May 2004 - June 2006 : Africa Twin 750
    June 2006 - June 2008 : FJR 1300July 2008 - Current : Lancer EX

Bro can pm me the workshop address and the price quoted for such aircon repair... Thanks
    Great Minds Think Alike

Hi Bro,

Can send me the details please as i also got this problem few days ago as went to Malaysia and stuck in the jam for 1 hr which my air-con also went hot for 15 min and after that off it for 10 min and return on back and air-con came back again but think there should be some problem. I had drive this few day it working normal but need to send for check.

Where is the shop and damage for the repair.

Thanks.

Hey bro, may I know which workshop did you when to fix your air-con problem. I'm currently facing that problem. thanks

Hi Bro,

I found the problem as air-con clutch faulty due to wear and tear awaiting for stock arrive.

Thanks.

Maybe it is the clutch got problem...but after i remove the tiny wash in between the clutch and the condenser, it is solved... $30 bucks for that....

Hi guys, which workshop did you go to check if it is the aircon clutch or washer faulty?

any kind soul can pm me the address for the workshop? Many tks

Hi Bro,
    Can pm the workshop? having the same issue especially nowadays it's hot outside
    [IMG][/IMG]

check on the internet for sanden

the address is ubi road 4 just beside C & C fulco..

should be 22 ubi road 4 i guess...

Hi zhiyou19,
    Googled for Sanden but its office is located at Ang Mo Kio St 65. Can't find its location at ubi road 4.