Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 78 of 78
  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sgearthling View Post
    yup. mine is lancer ex. so far after removing no problems encountered
    Thanks bro

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    AMK/PUNGGOL
    Posts
    613

    Default

    I encountered that problem too. I went to a air con specialist in Woodlands. $70 he fix it for me till now no issues. It's not the washer though... I also dunno how he fix hahaha
    Be Original... Not a Poser!

    Love Life, Live Love

  3. #63

    Default

    wah my 06 lancer aircon so many problems.. spent 600 buck already still got problem.. totally fed up.

    flush condensor - 80
    thermostat - 80
    air con filter - 30
    clean pipings - 50
    went to another shop
    change piping - 180
    full service air con - 120

    Fed up. still got problem.
    i will try this shop you guys recommend and update here too..

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    AMK/PUNGGOL
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Bro try this guy

    337 Woodlands Road
    Singapore 677928

    Damn knowledgable in air con.
    Be Original... Not a Poser!

    Love Life, Live Love

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuM@n!S View Post
    wah my 06 lancer aircon so many problems.. spent 600 buck already still got problem.. totally fed up.

    flush condensor - 80
    thermostat - 80
    air con filter - 30
    clean pipings - 50
    went to another shop
    change piping - 180
    full service air con - 120

    Fed up. still got problem.
    i will try this shop you guys recommend and update here too..
    Yours cs3 ijit?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    AMK/PUNGGOL
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Bro 06 is CS3 only mah... Got EX meh
    Be Original... Not a Poser!

    Love Life, Live Love

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJudge View Post
    Bro 06 is CS3 only mah... Got EX meh
    No. That's why asking. Prototype?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    AMK/PUNGGOL
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Prototype? Hahaha... That's a nice one bro...
    Be Original... Not a Poser!

    Love Life, Live Love

  9. #69

    Default

    I decided to get a second opinion after going to my regular air-con workshop in JB. He told me its the Fuel-Coil problem. To change: recon 800rm, new 1275rm - no warranty :(
    After finding this forum & checked the posts I went to the workshop at Ubi. The friendly uncle is there & he removed 2 small 5 cents sized washers & air-blowed the compressor clutch. I didnt see any damage to the washers or any signs of wear, so...Damage: S$45 + 7%gst.
    I have yet to check the effect while I am in a jam situation. The workshop is mainly for FEDEX vans so this is like a side-line for the uncle. The admin aunty is friendly, but the Boss damn stuck-up.

    http://www.wuihong.com.sg/contact.php


    Dont Limit Your Challengers, Challenge Your Limits!
    Last edited by Jdar; 27-Sep-2014 at 10:26 AM.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I had the same problem as many of you here. Air con was blowing hot air, especially during traffic jams. So I headed to Wui Hong today to get it sorted. True enough, the fault was pinned down to the washers in the clutch. The whole job was done in less than 30min, and I left as a happy man. Air con is working great now.

  11. #71

    Default

    Hi guys, 2 yrs ago, my ex 1.5 air con has the same problem of blowing hot air and from there, I've removed the washer at wui hong before and air con was normal and lasted for around 1yr. Then suddenly air con blowing warm air again and a few days later, can't even on the air con blower at all. Start engine, once turn the air con knob the engine died immediately. Went to Wui hong, they told me compressor times up. Went elsewhere to a friend recommended workshop to check was told that compressor times up too. Change a new one everything back to normal. Then after 4 months, air con blows warm again. Went back to same workshop and this time was told I suay the compressor is a damaged one. It's like out of many compressors, I kana the faulty one. Then change a new one again and normal for around 16 months until now. Recently air con start to have same symptoms again. Hot weather idle for some time air con blows hot air. Need help for this time. What could be the problem? Btw mileage is ard 115,000. Going to change timing belt and water pump coming servicing. Do this 2 items affect air con too? Anyone can share? Thanks a lot guys.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnboy View Post
    Hi guys, 2 yrs ago, my ex 1.5 air con has the same problem of blowing hot air and from there, I've removed the washer at wui hong before and air con was normal and lasted for around 1yr. Then suddenly air con blowing warm air again and a few days later, can't even on the air con blower at all. Start engine, once turn the air con knob the engine died immediately. Went to Wui hong, they told me compressor times up. Went elsewhere to a friend recommended workshop to check was told that compressor times up too. Change a new one everything back to normal. Then after 4 months, air con blows warm again. Went back to same workshop and this time was told I suay the compressor is a damaged one. It's like out of many compressors, I kana the faulty one. Then change a new one again and normal for around 16 months until now. Recently air con start to have same symptoms again. Hot weather idle for some time air con blows hot air. Need help for this time. What could be the problem? Btw mileage is ard 115,000. Going to change timing belt and water pump coming servicing. Do this 2 items affect air con too? Anyone can share? Thanks a lot guys.
    LancerEx is using timing chain not belt. Changing fan belt or timing belt? Hot air during idling maybe due to condenser cooling fan 'weak' oso.

  13. #73

    Default

    Ohh sorry bro, looked thru the previous receipt C&C say recommend change external belt and water pump next service. Cooling fan weak? Any way to check on our own?

    Quote Originally Posted by ericrimu View Post
    LancerEx is using timing chain not belt. Changing fan belt or timing belt? Hot air during idling maybe due to condenser cooling fan 'weak' oso.

  14. #74

    Default

    Thanks guys for posting this issue and more importantly the way to address it! My ride started having the same problem a few days back and was wondering what to do until I read your posts. Thanks! I'll be heading down to Wui Hong soon I guess!

  15. #75

    Default

    Mine worked well even after I sold it off. Heng suay.

  16. #76

    Default

    I Did mine at JKS Motorsports.

    The chief mech there did something for me that costs only 30 bucks.
    It was only a wire thing went out of place. till now i cannot takie it my air con too cold.
    i spent 600 over buck at other reputable shops. claiming to have 20 over years experience.. wasted big time and money....shit ass fellors never solved the issue at all.

    Based on personal experience here...

    the add is 13 Kaki Bukit Road 4, Bartley Biz Centre, #01-04

  17. #77

    Default

    can i share my experience. i recently got a 06 Lancer GLX. i currently have for about 4 weeks now..

    for the first 3 weeks.. passengers complain that the air-con is too cold.. like cold to the bone kind.. especially when driving at night.. and after i parked the car, there seems to be alot of water pooling beneath it. i know its normal for water to drip, but it just feels alot more den normal

    last week, i had to attend a house warming at the new estate nearer to tuas. so i drove from tampines to tuas.. 20 mins into the drive.. suddenly the air-con disappear and its blowing normal air.. so i switched off the air-con and drove with the windows down.. so on te way back.. same thing drove for about 10-20 mins on the expressway and again the air-con went off..

    jialat, i asked my dad for advise and he recommended me to this place at Ubi.. Tomica.. me and my dad tried to replicate the situations but cant seem to recreate what happen dat day.. the mechanics at Tomica also checked through the air-con and everything seems to be in working condition. so they did a general servicing and cleaned the filter etc. its been one week now and air-con runs well and good.. it feels cold.. overall and not very biting cold... my dad also commented the air smells fresher as well..

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    jurong
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Hey bros, any idea where to check or service my air con as mine not that cold and center not blowing strong due to converting to double din . Very lousy workmanship for that audio shop I went to. Went down for 2 days , each 4hours of waiting . they charge me quite Exp for the labour even with the air con not done up as before. Went to wui hong , they say mod ones they don't know. I'm puzzled , help is appreciate .
    Life is like a dick, it get hard at times...:asshole:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •