Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CH Motor

no worries bro...after u left,about 20 mins i left CH and came back @ 6.45pm
    موهاماد نوه شاريزال

haha ok Aimar =) Cheers !

Today went to ch motor after 1 month of pissed off and lousy service from C&C. Been troubling with the tick tick sound for almost 1 mth in and out of C&C eunos but till now cannot rectify the problem. reached ch motor abt 5pm and as usual friendly Jo attended to me. Explained to him my problem and he advised one of his staff(a young friendly chap) to check on my problem. Went for a short drive with him and let him listen to the tick tick sound when step on brake while car stationery. Also told him that what C&C did to troubleshoot on this issue (tighten drive shaft, service brake caliper, changed wheel bearing and changed disc rotor) but till now still got this problem. I told him i wanted to change brake pad (bendix ultimate) and service caliper. He told me the sound is metal ticking sound and only when stepping on brake, therefore the problem probably is brake pad. He removed my wheels and checked my barke pad and calipers. After changing to bendix, he also took the initiative to check and service my pillow mount BR coil which i find it shocked. He told me sometimes pillow mount also will produce noise when turning steering. Just ask him to check on my brake but he went all the way to check my coils also when my coils not even fix with them!. He even helped to check if my damperness adjustable has been mis-adjusted by C&C. Wah, i thinking to myseldf i just first time there after being intro by bro evoo7 and he done all the way to check all noise. Now the tick tick sound is gone with testing together with him. One word for them ~ excellent~

welcome to CH ^^

Quote Originally Posted by newbieguy View Post
    Today went to ch motor after 1 month of pissed off and lousy service from C&C. Been troubling with the tick tick sound for almost 1 mth in and out of C&C eunos but till now cannot rectify the problem. reached ch motor abt 5pm and as usual friendly Jo attended to me. Explained to him my problem and he advised one of his staff(a young friendly chap) to check on my problem. Went for a short drive with him and let him listen to the tick tick sound when step on brake while car stationery. Also told him that what C&C did to troubleshoot on this issue (tighten drive shaft, service brake caliper, changed wheel bearing and changed disc rotor) but till now still got this problem. I told him i wanted to change brake pad (bendix ultimate) and service caliper. He told me the sound is metal ticking sound and only when stepping on brake, therefore the problem probably is brake pad. He removed my wheels and checked my barke pad and calipers. After changing to bendix, he also took the initiative to check and service my pillow mount BR coil which i find it shocked. He told me sometimes pillow mount also will produce noise when turning steering. Just ask him to check on my brake but he went all the way to check my coils also when my coils not even fix with them!. He even helped to check if my damperness adjustable has been mis-adjusted by C&C. Wah, i thinking to myseldf i just first time there after being intro by bro evoo7 and he done all the way to check all noise. Now the tick tick sound is gone with testing together with him. One word for them ~ excellent~
    Do you know what's the difference between this and the experience you had in C&C? I think one of them checked what he thought will be the cause while the other wasn't even bothered.

Corporate workshop mechanics will simply just follow orders written on the job card raised by the SA who are usually less technically inclined but has the paper qualifications. The mechanics are there to make a living and they have the leverage of being anonymous to the end user customer. So who cares even if he did the job. the SA won't know. The mechanic can even draw the spares and pretend to repair it but sell it online. How can you even trust someone whom you cannot see him doing up your car? CH on the other hand has a personalized and transparent service. Being independent, he does not have the financial backing of a large corporation. So he has to do many things himself. And not surprisingly, people in these independent workshops are mainly competent people from corporate workshops who wanted to carve a niche for himself in the automotive industry so they leave the corporate workshops like C&C & PML and set up their business elsewhere. I have met several of such people doing very well as an independent workshop. And don't be alarmed that even agents pass the cars they cannot do to these independent workshops and make a cut in the profits when they return the car to you.

The lack of financial backing from large corporation is not an issue. The technical competency and their attitude matters most. so I have never ever even once returned to the agent to do anything to my car even under warranty. To hell with their useless warranty! DIY and going to independant workshops are so much more better and faster! And CHEAPER!!!
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrzeug View Post
    Do you know what's the difference between this and the experience you had in C&C? I think one of them checked what he thought will be the cause while the other wasn't even bothered.

Corporate workshop mechanics will simply just follow orders written on the job card raised by the SA who are usually less technically inclined but has the paper qualifications. The mechanics are there to make a living and they have the leverage of being anonymous to the end user customer. So who cares even if he did the job. the SA won't know. The mechanic can even draw the spares and pretend to repair it but sell it online. How can you even trust someone whom you cannot see him doing up your car? CH on the other hand has a personalized and transparent service. Being independent, he does not have the financial backing of a large corporation. So he has to do many things himself. And not surprisingly, people in these independent workshops are mainly competent people from corporate workshops who wanted to carve a niche for himself in the automotive industry so they leave the corporate workshops like C&C & PML and set up their business elsewhere. I have met several of such people doing very well as an independent workshop. And don't be alarmed that even agents pass the cars they cannot do to these independent workshops and make a cut in the profits when they return the car to you.

The lack of financial backing from large corporation is not an issue. The technical competency and their attitude matters most. so I have never ever even once returned to the agent to do anything to my car even under warranty. To hell with their useless warranty! DIY and going to independant workshops are so much more better and faster! And CHEAPER!!!
    Yoz, i 101% agreed with u on this. Actually i already told them on my 1st visit to them that i suspect it's either disc rotor, brake caliper or brake pad. (i am not working as a mechanic, so i agar agar let them know) 1st time show the advisor the noise, they say is disc rotor issue and will change a new set(one whole day @ eunos c&c). 2rd time still same problem i went they say maybe service the brake caliper and tighten the drive shaft then ok liao(waited one whole day just to service brake caliper and tighten drive shaft, but i understand coz i know i am not the only customer) 3th time went there with the same problem again the advisor did a detailed check and found out the disc rotor they have changed for me the 1st time is different part number as per the first time my car was assembly! And he also found out my wheel bearing oso up the lorry. So this time i told them, once u changed the new rotor n wheel bearing, can u also one shot change the brake pad and if no problem i don need always come back. They say they will make sure they change everything this time. again left my car there for one full day there and changed disc rotor and wheel bearing but they say brake pad okie. The next morning again got the noise. I got so pissed off then i call the advisor again. U know what? he just say "like that ah, u come back when u free and put the car one whole day for us to check again". So total i already in and out of c&c 4 to 5 times. If i scan in my whole stack of service reports from them what they did over the 1 month to let u see i think u going faintz after reading so many things done by them. Therefore went ch motor abt 5pm and explained to Jo and one of his friendly staff who agar agar know the problem after i explained to him what i done at c&c. He also serviced my BR coil top pillow mount willingly and i feel really paiseh coz he told me he scared in the long run will have sound from the pillow mount as i always driving outside. Now i really understand why so many lmcians feedback negative to c&c.
    And please don get me wrong. i am not promoting ch motor or trying to demote C&c. To each his own preferences. I just wan share my experience with c&c

I have attached the lastest service report done by them. Somemore can write on the comment there "tested ok" after changing wheel bearing and disc rotor.

http://i52.tinypic.com/15i3ybn.jpg
    Last edited by newbieguy; 19-Mar-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Yoz, i 101% agreed with u on this. Actually i already told them on my 1st visit to them that i suspect it's either disc rotor, brake caliper or brake pad. (i am not working as a mechanic, so i agar agar let them know) 1st time show the advisor the noise, they say is disc rotor issue and will change a new set(one whole day @ eunos c&c). 2rd time still same problem i went they say maybe service the brake caliper and tighten the drive shaft then ok liao(waited one whole day just to service brake caliper and tighten drive shaft, but i understand coz i know i am not the only customer) 3th time went there with the same problem again the advisor did a detailed check and found out the disc rotor they have changed for me the 1st time is different part number as per the first time my car was assembly! And he also found out my wheel bearing oso up the lorry. So this time i told them, once u changed the new rotor n wheel bearing, can u also one shot change the brake pad and if no problem i don need always come back. They say they will make sure they change everything this time. again left my car there for one full day there and changed disc rotor and wheel bearing but they say brake pad okie. The next morning again got the noise. I got so pissed off then i call the advisor again. U know what? he just say "like that ah, u come back when u free and put the car one whole day for us to check again". So total i already in and out of c&c 4 to 5 times. If i scan in my whole stack of service reports from them what they did over the 1 month to let u see i think u going faintz after reading so many things done by them. Therefore went ch motor abt 5pm and explained to Jo and one of his friendly staff who agar agar know the problem after i explained to him what i done at c&c. He also serviced my BR coil top pillow mount willingly and i feel really paiseh coz he told me he scared in the long run will have sound from the pillow mount as i always driving outside. Now i really understand why so many lmcians feedback negative to c&c.
    And please don get me wrong. i am not promoting ch motor or trying to demote C&c. To each his own preferences. I just wan share my experience with c&c

I have attached the lastest service report done by them. Somemore can write on the comment there "tested ok" after changing wheel bearing and disc rotor.

http://i52.tinypic.com/15i3ybn.jpg

No, I think you are merely speaking the truth. CH being the workshop whose staffs come on the ground having first hand contact with the customer experiences the customers' frustrations, endeavours with the machine is at a better chance to know what is wrong. Better than to go through a 3rd party (Service Advisor) who has little experience doing hands on sometimes. Of course you might run into service advisors who were promoted from being mechanics dealing with the same marque. So their competency becomes greatly amplified. But again, while working in the large corporations, losing their jobs become a rare occurance, therefore become less eager to perform. Whereas independant workshops are constantly on the cutthroat competing platform with people very eagerly waiting to replace you as the next big thing.

Before my promotion, I was working in a corporate workshop as a foreman. I was selected for the job because I got a diploma. Not because I was well versed with Swedish vehicles. I was more German though. I had to manage the job of a SA as one of my tasks apart from managing a component centre. Overwhelmed with work, sometimes I give sloppy diagnosis. Vehicles return more than once. And sometimes due to my incompetency, I cannot diagnose the problem and merely wrote things like 'Door cannot close', 'air leak', 'ATF leakage' rather than precise competent orders like 'rpl door pump', 'rpl quick release v/v'... then leave it to the mechanic to find out. And naturally, being human, they will find the easiest way out. Perform the job that requires the least effort. Basically be a fitter rather than a mechanic. And the vehicle owners don't even know who repaired their vehicle. Oh well... not forgetting canibalisation of spare parts from one vehicle to another. The funny things people do to their vehicles when no one is watching etc etc...

So, I think our only regret is not going to CH soon enough. I exhort you to forget your warranty. I dumped my warranty long ago even though it is still valid. And ironically, many of those I know have problems with their cars are those who faithfully return to the agent. Did those clowns do their jobs or just paper work?

It is the person doing the job. Not the workshop. But the workshop environment can create the person.
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

No, I think you are merely speaking the truth. CH being the workshop whose staffs come on the ground having first hand contact with the customer experiences the customers' frustrations, endeavours with the machine is at a better chance to know what is wrong. Better than to go through a 3rd party (Service Advisor) who has little experience doing hands on sometimes. Of course you might run into service advisors who were promoted from being mechanics dealing with the same marque. So their competency becomes greatly amplified. But again, while working in the large corporations, losing their jobs become a rare occurance, therefore become less eager to perform. Whereas independant workshops are constantly on the cutthroat competing platform with people very eagerly waiting to replace you as the next big thing.

Before my promotion, I was working in a corporate workshop as a foreman. I was selected for the job because I got a diploma. Not because I was well versed with Swedish vehicles. I was more German though. I had to manage the job of a SA as one of my tasks apart from managing a component centre. Overwhelmed with work, sometimes I give sloppy diagnosis. Vehicles return more than once. And sometimes due to my incompetency, I cannot diagnose the problem and merely wrote things like 'Door cannot close', 'air leak', 'ATF leakage' rather than precise competent orders like 'rpl door pump', 'rpl quick release v/v'... then leave it to the mechanic to find out. And naturally, being human, they will find the easiest way out. Perform the job that requires the least effort. Basically be a fitter rather than a mechanic. And the vehicle owners don't even know who repaired their vehicle. Oh well... not forgetting canibalisation of spare parts from one vehicle to another. The funny things people do to their vehicles when no one is watching etc etc...

So, I think our only regret is not going to CH soon enough. I exhort you to forget your warranty. I dumped my warranty long ago even though it is still valid. And ironically, many of those I know have problems with their cars are those who faithfully return to the agent. Did those clowns do their jobs or just paper work?

It is the person doing the job. Not the workshop. But the workshop environment can create the person.

No leh. i traced back all ur thread you have a lot of knowledge sharing lolz. u bother to go research and find the solution and share to others. Like the one on wheel alightment i read thru all of it and then went for my wheel alightment with some knowledge after fixing my BR. :P ok back to the main topic, i agreed with u saying some SA may not really know how to diagnosis or give sloppy diagnosis but the thing is from the 2rd time all the way till now i had complained this problem to the same SA. Also i have mentioned to him that could it be the disc rotor, brake caliper or brake pad issue but he just simply do one by one. (service brake caliper, tighten drive shaft and last changed rotor but not brake pad). I understand that maybe it's their policy to do one by one so that they can isolate the actual problem. But the thing is they isolate the problem one by one means i have difficulties moving around as i need the car. Think u oso know their standard answer when ask them " have to wait how long" they say not so fast, will take abt a day.
    The 2rd time when i went to complain to the SA, he told me he will check and after 2 hrs he called me saying his technican checked liao could be brake caliper and drive shaft loose. Over the phne i had made sure i had told him i suspect rotor, caliper or brake pad. but in the end he only do the caliper and tighten drive shaft and finished off with a service report saying tested ok. 3th time i went find him again, this time i a bit angry and he can sensed liao, he drove my car together down to the workshop(that was the 1st time i stepped into their workshop lolz). The SA asked one of his so call "senior technican" and test drive (w/o me inside the car) to show him the sound. They were talking in the car for some time n i was like a joker waiting at the workshop while they inside my car with full blast air-con and finally they walked out of the car and told me could be wheel bearing or rotor. The senior technican still joking say" hey, i remember ur car with blue vision nuts, last few days just sent in tighten the shaft(2rd time) was done by me, beri nice the nuts". I was like wth, u can remember u tighten shaft, but did ur SA convey the message to him that i told the SA via phne during the 2th time i suspect could be rotor, caliper or brake pad. Then changed wheel bearing n new rotor still same problem. Faintz~~~~ i think i am more like a clown rather than them. :P Keep leaving my car there doing unnecessary things and wasting my time. Go ch there 45mins diagnosis and settled but of coz with a price lah whereas c&c free lah.

After doing a search here, i found a lot of negative feedbacks on c&c.
    http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/sh...arriage&page=2

No leh. i traced back all ur thread you have a lot of knowledge sharing lolz. u bother to go research and find the solution and share to others. Like the one on wheel alightment i read thru all of it and then went for my wheel alightment with some knowledge after fixing my BR. :P ok back to the main topic, i agreed with u saying some SA may not really know how to diagnosis or give sloppy diagnosis but the thing is from the 2rd time all the way till now i had complained this problem to the same SA. Also i have mentioned to him that could it be the disc rotor, brake caliper or brake pad issue but he just simply do one by one. (service brake caliper, tighten drive shaft and last changed rotor but not brake pad). I understand that maybe it's their policy to do one by one so that they can isolate the actual problem. But the thing is they isolate the problem one by one means i have difficulties moving around as i need the car. Think u oso know their standard answer when ask them " have to wait how long" they say not so fast, will take abt a day.
    The 2rd time when i went to complain to the SA, he told me he will check and after 2 hrs he called me saying his technican checked liao could be brake caliper and drive shaft loose. Over the phne i had made sure i had told him i suspect rotor, caliper or brake pad. but in the end he only do the caliper and tighten drive shaft and finished off with a service report saying tested ok. 3th time i went find him again, this time i a bit angry and he can sensed liao, he drove my car together down to the workshop(that was the 1st time i stepped into their workshop lolz). The SA asked one of his so call "senior technican" and test drive (w/o me inside the car) to show him the sound. They were talking in the car for some time n i was like a joker waiting at the workshop while they inside my car with full blast air-con and finally they walked out of the car and told me could be wheel bearing or rotor. The senior technican still joking say" hey, i remember ur car with blue vision nuts, last few days just sent in tighten the shaft(2rd time) was done by me, beri nice the nuts". I was like wth, u can remember u tighten shaft, but did ur SA convey the message to him that i told the SA via phne during the 2th time i suspect could be rotor, caliper or brake pad. Then changed wheel bearing n new rotor still same problem. Faintz~~~~ i think i am more like a clown rather than them. :P Keep leaving my car there doing unnecessary things and wasting my time. Go ch there 45mins diagnosis and settled but of coz with a price lah whereas c&c free lah.

After doing a search here, i found a lot of negative feedbacks on c&c.
    http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/sh...arriage&page=2
    Thanks, I am very flattered. But the automotive engineering sector is how I ensure I have a roof over my head every night and a dish on the table during every meal. Basically, I need to eat.

In my opinion, it's more of a sloppy job done you encountered. Anyway, to them, you are just one of their many customers, doesn't hurt to lose one that does not pay. It is not a case to isolate the problem. Their job is to ensure you return only one time. The 2nd time will be too much even though we have to be tolerant if the guys are doing their work seriously. I guess you were just unlucky. Although I cannot judge that the quality of Service advisors in the whole cohort are the same as what you encountered. No point admonishing them too. Simply move to another workshop. I went to the agent for 2 servicings with my previous car and found that they didn't do the 2nd servicing but had the cheek to charge me for it. And that was the last. I didn't even return for a single servicing for my current car. Later I found that the whole workshop here is a mess with the car owners and plenty of negative feedbacks were seen in their dedicated forum.

So, since CH i given so much positive review, I think you should just stay there. Build a rapport and you might get better prices next time.

Thanks, I am very flattered. But the automotive engineering sector is how I ensure I have a roof over my head every night and a dish on the table during every meal. Basically, I need to eat.

In my opinion, it's more of a sloppy job done you encountered. Anyway, to them, you are just one of their many customers, doesn't hurt to lose one that does not pay. It is not a case to isolate the problem. Their job is to ensure you return only one time. The 2nd time will be too much even though we have to be tolerant if the guys are doing their work seriously. I guess you were just unlucky. Although I cannot judge that the quality of Service advisors in the whole cohort are the same as what you encountered. No point admonishing them too. Simply move to another workshop. I went to the agent for 2 servicings with my previous car and found that they didn't do the 2nd servicing but had the cheek to charge me for it. And that was the last. I didn't even return for a single servicing for my current car. Later I found that the whole workshop here is a mess with the car owners and plenty of negative feedbacks were seen in their dedicated forum.

So, since CH i given so much positive review, I think you should just stay there. Build a rapport and you might get better prices next time.
    haha ya. u are right. c&c really messed up with a lot of cars n not only @eunos but almost all other service ctres. Noted ur point to build rapport at ch. thanks ya~

up for CH Motor, Jo is a trustworthy guy. niwae i am going back for 40k servicing this sat.

Devil79 Javier ! nice seeing you and enjoyed the lunch chat thanks for sharing haha

Went to CH just now intend to replace evo 3 brake kit but too crowded liao, jo ask mi to come back tomolo but i not free so told him i going back next sat. Thumbs up for cH.
    IF YOU DRIVE DON'T DRINK

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Devil79 Javier ! nice seeing you and enjoyed the lunch chat thanks for sharing haha
    bro trust. Nice meetin u at CH..See if going sticker shop let mi kne, we can go agn ar... Thks for sharing too... Cheers
    Thank you! :driving:

Javier Aka Devilz79 (魔鬼七十九) :reddevil:

Quote Originally Posted by wen2202 View Post
    Went to CH just now intend to replace evo 3 brake kit but too crowded liao, jo ask mi to come back tomolo but i not free so told him i going back next sat. Thumbs up for cH.
    Elloz wen2202, what time u ther jus now ah?i was there abt 2pm as my friend' cs3 is going to do his 80k servicing.

Elloz wen2202, what time u ther jus now ah?i was there abt 2pm as my friend' cs3 is going to do his 80k servicing.
    Bro, i was there quite late nearly 5pm liao. I saw few CS3 there waiting for servicing. Next sat must go there early early for my brake kit replacement.
    IF YOU DRIVE DON'T DRINK

Bro, i was there quite late nearly 5pm liao. I saw few CS3 there waiting for servicing. Next sat must go there early early for my brake kit replacement.
    Saturday is the worst time to go unless you make an appointment and park your car at the entrance before they open. Because many others will capitalise on the vacation to send in their car.

Yoz Bro, okok...tot u one of the lmcians there when i was there at 2pm...really packed with quite a number of cs3 there and some other cars model as well. :)

anything major u want to do yr car best make an appointment wif JO 2 days in advance to let Jo better prepare his job schedule

Hi All, May i know what is the add of CH? Thanks