Default Changing Front Tires only - ok?

Hi all,

Any advise on this? Any negative impact to just change front tires only?
    Because my front ones are more worn than the rear.

how about just swap the front and back and use until all wear before change?

your front will be more grip than the rear.. safety is compromised during cornering.. I will go for BRo Evo7's recommendation.. rotate the tyres till all wear out then change all 4 at 1 go ba..

Hi Smirnon and Torres, thanks for your feedback. That makes sense to change 4 together.

I had the front/rear last swapped about 8-10k km before, unfortunately I didn't check regularly, by now, the front is pretty worn. Not sure if it's still worth swapping it to the back..

Erm, as for my case. My front tyre is badly worn out unevenly and my rear tyre still have left a lot of thread. i just change front pair only. It works well for me. If yours not worn out so badly, like other bro say go rotate your tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Erm, as for my case. My front tyre is badly worn out unevenly and my rear tyre still have left a lot of thread. i just change front pair only. It works well for me. If yours not worn out so badly, like other bro say go rotate your tyre.

Hi Dscheng, thanks.
    Did you manage to get the same tire profiles to match your existing rear ones?

Now I am wondering if it is necessary to get same profile, or is it ok to mix 2 new profiles with existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by smirnon View Post
    how about just swap the front and back and use until all wear before change?
    Quote Originally Posted by ftorres View Post
    your front will be more grip than the rear.. safety is compromised during cornering.. I will go for BRo Evo7's recommendation.. rotate the tyres till all wear out then change all 4 at 1 go ba..
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwars View Post
    Hi Smirnon and Torres, thanks for your feedback. That makes sense to change 4 together. I had the front/rear last swapped about 8-10k km before, unfortunately I didn't check regularly, by now, the front is pretty worn. Not sure if it's still worth swapping it to the back..
    I totally support Smirnon and Ftorres' advise. But since Starwars revealed the other half of the story, I think you are better off with all 4 replaced. The front tyres are very important as they take the load and maintain traction for you while you steer while the rear tyres are merely trailing wheels in the FWD Lancer. May I suggest Hankook ME-01. Great tyres with an affordable price.
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

Hi all,

Any advise on this? Any negative impact to just change front tires only?
    Because my front ones are more worn than the rear.
    the new tyres MUST go to the rear!
    your current rear shd move to the front

Hi Dscheng, thanks.
    Did you manage to get the same tire profiles to match your existing rear ones?

Now I am wondering if it is necessary to get same profile, or is it ok to mix 2 new profiles with existing ones.
    Yes pls get the same profile.

Hi bro just to share I did what you were asking. Change 2 first, because tyre out of stock. Cornering is indeed compromised. Not safe.