Default Sound from Engine, Low frequency, where should I Sound proof?

I am eager to reduce the noise specifically from my engine. I can hear that its coming from the front or perhaps the floor board. As I m also concerns about added weight, I cannot afford to do Soundproofing to minimise sound from tires, external environment and exhuast. I only want to reduce engine sound ( actually it is more from my intake).

Hence where should I sound proof? Firewall? passenger floor? or the cover the intake box instead?

I understand dynamat is the best material? Got 2nd best material (cheaper or lighter).

Besides audioimage, where else to go?

Please help!
    Stay Stock or Look Stock!

upz for help...

tink firewall should be a gd place to start. gd idea also to soundproof the intake act as heatshield also

intake is the gruppe M Carbon fibre box.. i also consider if i should wrap another layer of sound proofing on it...

Quote Originally Posted by desmundo View Post
    intake is the gruppe M Carbon fibre box.. i also consider if i should wrap another layer of sound proofing on it...
    Dun wan wrap la. Cf is nice leh..

My Life Is As Bright As H-I-D!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    Dun wan wrap la. Cf is nice leh..
    aiyo how often i open bonnet haha..
    think i go for firewall before my kids go deaf... haha

Sound Proofing fire wall should be a good idea to reduce engine sound but, please beware that to sound proof fire wall, required to remove your dashboard, which require higher skill level to dismantle and put it back. I am sure you do noy want to have losse plastic knocking each other in your dashboard after sound proofing.

So if you really wan to do this, make it clear to the shop what you wan them to achieve.

Another alternative way which is not as good as sound proofing fire wall, is to sound proof your bonnet. they are sound proof material specially design for bonnet, cheaper, easier to apply and remove, just one big piece of sound proofing material to stick on the internal of your bonnet, cheaper than firewall sound proofing.

You might wan to try that first before you go for firewall sound proofing. Normally people go for ICE competition will sound proof firewall, quite a big job.

Other than autoimage, there are many reputable ICE shops around, name a few popular one, Chuan Sing, Audioedge, Foon Audio, Dimension.. etc...

You can try to search sgsoundsystem to get more info there. Individual shop should have own website as well.

Of cos, better reputable shops mean high chance they charge higher cost. But if the result is what you want, I guess is worth it. Talk to few shops before you decide la, go see the shop and workers to decide which one give you better "feel".

Happy Icing. :D

If many people having problem with you, is your problem.........

Wah Desmond, you the best!!! very good info leh..

Doing bonnet will definitely be a lot cheaper..hmm...ok i go find out more also from sgsoundsystem... THANKS!

Wah Desmond, you the best!!! very good info leh..

Doing bonnet will definitely be a lot cheaper..hmm...ok i go find out more also from sgsoundsystem... THANKS!
    I not the best la, Desmond must help Desmond la, we are family of "H" now... hahaha....

Do bonnet cheaper and wont give you additional headache of poor labour. at most is you have one big piece of sound proofing material under your bonnet to add some weight only.

Maybe you try that first, if you still find it very noisy then go deep into firewall sound proofing.

Alternative, put big amp and good speakers in car to blast, at least deaf by music not engine sound... hahaha.....

:D

but bonnet insulation trap heat from engine right?. hot air rises mah so cannot dissipate efficiently if kena insulated.

Quote Originally Posted by evo07 View Post
    but bonnet insulation trap heat from engine right?. hot air rises mah so cannot dissipate efficiently if kena insulated.
    i dunno how much heat can be dissipated from the bonnet itself..hopefully most of the heat is dissipated from the undercarriage.. no doubt hot air rises, but ventilation from moving should help a bit bah...

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing78 View Post
    I not the best la, Desmond must help Desmond la, we are family of "H" now... hahaha....

Do bonnet cheaper and wont give you additional headache of poor labour. at most is you have one big piece of sound proofing material under your bonnet to add some weight only.

Maybe you try that first, if you still find it very noisy then go deep into firewall sound proofing.

Alternative, put big amp and good speakers in car to blast, at least deaf by music not engine sound... hahaha.....

'H' family?? Sorry i not updated leh .. last time i remember, you are in the 'S' family leh .haha change already?? this wed, go PG leh !

i think your suggestion is practical. Ok i sacrifice some weigh for sf my bonnet.. hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by evo07 View Post
    Maybe yes but I guess at moving condition, should not be tat bad anyway there is no holes on the bonnet, heat should be mainly remove by undercarriage when car in the move.

And bro Desmundo problem now is to reduce noise, not reduce heat. His Gruppe intake should help him gt cold air already from some where else.. haha..

'H' family?? Sorry i not updated leh .. last time i remember, you are in the 'S' family leh .haha change already?? this wed, go PG leh !

i think your suggestion is practical. Ok i sacrifice some weigh for sf my bonnet.. hmm..
    You outdated liao la... hahaha... I am in the "H" family like you now but mine different leage from you la, mine is auto family car not suitable for PG.. haha.. you enjoy your new ride at PG this wed ok?