Default 3way front setup on cs3 models

hey folks,
    just lilke to find out if a 3 way is possible on the cs3 model?
    cos i have pairs of 6in, 4in and tweets. trying to fit all into the front.
    any mods needed?

Of course possible. Common way of doing it is to:

1) Put speaker pod for tweet and 4in and mount on the A pillar, 6in in the door.
    2) Cut the A pillar and fiber mount the pillar to house the tweet and 4in speaker, 6in in the door.

If you are going for active setup, you need 6 channel to drive all them. A geed headunit that can support 3 way active or a processor to do it.
    If you are going passive, make sure you have the 3 way crossover to support it but sound not as nice.

3 way should sound very very nice with all the correct hardware and god tuning.

Happy Icing. :D

If many people having problem with you, is your problem.........

Definitely not a problem bro. I had a 3 way setup on my previous ride (nissan latio) using aluminium pods to mount them. For my current ride (Lancer Ex) I got the workshop to custom it to the a-pillars. Can be done one....

Happy Icing..... just remember to set a budget and plus a little......
    My ICE Journey.....
    Pioneer P99RS (Headunit)
    Steg k202 x 4
    Microprecision series 7(tweeter)
    Microprecision series Z (Mid)
    Microprecision series 7(midbass)
    Eton 12" Sub

wow. the installer i went to says it cannot be done. one at sims avenue.
    ok this mounting on the A pillar. how much does it cost? any off the shelf?

can share any pics? never see pics of it before.

Do no have my pictures here. I can only say they will take down your a-pillars and use it to create the mold to hold the speakers. Cost wise cannot comment .......
    My ICE Journey.....
    Pioneer P99RS (Headunit)
    Steg k202 x 4
    Eton 12" Sub

ah. ok..please PM me the contact about who can modify the A pillars and cost please. thanks!

but wont 4inch look damn big at the Apillars?

modify of A pillar for speaker can be done at most big audio shop. I did mine at Chuan Sing Serangon garden few years ago. At that time for 3 way setup cost ~400 not sure about now.

Happy Icing..... :D

bro, if u 1 hassle free den get those alu pod for tweeter & mid.
    wen u dekit juz take out pod, A pillar oni nd minor touch-up.

if customise A pillar ltr dekit/sell car a bit headache.
    unless new ownwe like d design or u cn sell/swop wth other.
    nt saying tis method nt gd but up to individual to decide whch setup mre suitable.

of cos alu pod nt cheap.
    customised fibre A pillar dwn time quite long (quality finish mean long time - labour intensive)

lastly ur mid-bass wanna cut ur dr panel or nt oso another issue.....
    enjoy d long journey of iceing.....
    cos u start liao....

haha thanks trent and nothing78 for the pointers.

probably i'll install the 6in and tweets first. if not happy with the setup, then can addon the 4in afterwards. cannot afford downtime cos i love driving my car. :)

better plan Carefully wat 2 do if nt basically u wil b redoing everthng again.
    its no fun having 2 re-lay wiring below carpet Twice (if u knw wat i mean).
    amp wise either under seat or boot area.
    final product usually depend on hw nice u 1 n hw deep ur pocket.
    anyway 3way oso nt budget setup.
    cn share share wat item u bought, brand/model.
    thks har, i kaypoh ask ask a bit...haha

Brother Trent is absolutely correct, I had to sell my lancer with my speaker away because of the customise A pillar.

As for the downtime, you just take out the A pillar and leave it at the shop and you can still use your car without A pillar. It takes 2~3 weeks for my case.

If you really want to customise your A pillar for your speaker, you should do the 3 way straight away, not 2 way first then 3 way as your A pillar has to customise 2 times, 2 x labour, 2 x downtime.

Easier way is still using pod, 2 way first then add the 3 way later, but let your ICE shop know about your plan so they can save enough space for your 4" upgrade next time. Else your A pillar many hoses.. haha..

DUn rush into buying and install, read more, meet more people and listen more. Only after you have certain understanding and know clearly what you want, you wont waste money. Putting a system in then upgrade the whole system later gong to be painful and expensive (personal experience...haha).....

Happy Icing.... :D

listen to bro nothing78 wldnt go wrong 1.
    y, cos of his experience of gg to many audio wkshop.
    c, smell, touch, feel experience a lot liao.
    quite pro le, tik his nick nothing reali nothing meh.....

Agreed. I did my 2 way first but no soon after went for some meet ups and heard 3 way setup. End up less than 2 months I changed to 3 way. Then ended up again had to pay for labour and worst part was the down time needed to install. Suggest that you listen to some 2 and 3 way setups firsts. Decide on a budget before carrying out...... happy icing.....:punk::punk:
    My ICE Journey.....
    Pioneer P99RS (Headunit)
    Steg k202 x 4
    Eton 12" Sub

ai~ sorry bros. thanks for the advice everyone.

just to share, the previous car owner had JBL 6in in the front, but the right side blew shortly after I took over.

My colleague, another ICE siao, sold me the 3 ways combi (Rainbow CS series, and 3 way Xover) for S$200.

I went to install for S$50 + S$10 for RCA cable for the AUX. i only just installed the 6in and stick the tweets at the front. good deal?

the pairs of 4in still thinking if it will be too blocking at the front if i get the pods. kinda big right?

I have the ringing sound when engaged to Drive. I guess its the lack of power supplied to the HU. heard they have to reconnect something. any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by subzilow View Post
    ai~ sorry bros. thanks for the advice everyone.

just to share, the previous car owner had JBL 6in in the front, but the right side blew shortly after I took over.

My colleague, another ICE siao, sold me the 3 ways combi (Rainbow CS series, and 3 way Xover) for S$200.

I went to install for S$50 + S$10 for RCA cable for the AUX. i only just installed the 6in and stick the tweets at the front. good deal?

the pairs of 4in still thinking if it will be too blocking at the front if i get the pods. kinda big right?

I have the ringing sound when engaged to Drive. I guess its the lack of power supplied to the HU. heard they have to reconnect something. any takers?
    Q1: Your colleague sold you the full 3 ways system, which include 2 x tweeter, 2 x 4 inch, 2 x 6 inch and 2 x crossover? If yes $200 is a deal.

Q2: Do you have amplifier in your car? I guess is yes else you dun need the RCA cable. However, if your car already come with amplifier and speaker, why the shop change the RCA cable? By right no need.

Q3: $50 for installation is sligtly at the high side to install component speakers.. But my info are all few years old so might not be accurate. $10 for a pair of RCA is very cheap... too cheap to be of good quality.

Q4: You really into ICE? If yes then yes you should install the 4inch and yes it will block some of your view, you should take a look at those car with 3 ways setup to have a clearer picture.

Q5: The ringing sound you talking about, does it happen only after your latest installation? Does it go louder when you rev your car higher? If yes is the installation problem, not about the power not enough.

My feeling is the shop you went not really honest and you really should try to meetup with bros here to know more before you go spend more money on ICE.

Happy Icing.....:D

haha thanks luffy.
    yeah, i think the components speakers is a good deal. I wonder if i should use a 2way Xover than a 3way, cos its slightly less bassy as i only connect my 6in and tweets, the midbass is empty.

the RCA cables (Maybe I got the name wrong) is only for the Alpine Ai-net cables so that I can have an AUX in. that one is boh bian must buy if I want to connect AUX.

I saw a lot of pics when i google 3way front setup. most are customised Apillars. still looking for pod setups. im into having good sound but not into ICEing my car. haha.

the ringing sound goes slightly louder when i rev it. but will go back to ask them rectify it.

hi guys,
    the problem with the ringing sound is the interference with the 3way xovers. changed to the 2way one, ringing sound no more and had a stronger low frequency due to 2way signals.

anyone know where can i get Apillars from the scrapyard of cs3s?