Default Knocking sound when turning steering

HI bros/sis, i have a 3 years plus lancer ex. Recently whenever i turn, (either left or right), there will be a knocking sound ("kok" "kok" "kok") coming from what sounds to be the wheels area. Any idea what's wrong? Anyway, my ride is almost due for 80K servicing. Any to recommend at ubi or eunos area?

You accelerate and corner fast often? Likely your wheel bearing hubs are worn. Need to replace.

nope ley. on a level road, the turning dun have this sound. It usually occurs when i am turning up the multistorey carpark. I drive at 10-20km/h when turning. Thanks for the heads up, probably get the workshop to check with i am doing my 80k servicing

i am having this since i got my car 2 years ago... have checked with few bros driving EX also experiencing this... not always hearing that sound, occasionally only..

Same here when turning up multistorey carpark.
    Not always have.

Could be your drive shaft..... My previous civic had this sound too at about 85 K mileage...... Change left drive shaft then about 91 k mileage, change right drive shaft... This was in the early 90s.... But the sound was more like "Tack", Tack "Tack" "Tack" when driving up MSCP....

Any bro got any update on the knocking sound?

Bro i just checked with ch motor i have the same problem.. He told me that the power sterring rack leakage.. have to be replace cost arnd 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by zackshinoda View Post
    Bro i just checked with ch motor i have the same problem.. He told me that the power sterring rack leakage.. have to be replace cost arnd 1.6
    If leave it, will it be OK? Leaking power steering fluid?

2 possibilities...

1) steering rack
    2) shock absorbers

If drive shaft faulty, when u do turning, there will be quite obvious knocking sound coming out from your wheel arc there.. Go Huat Lee let Nigel see see..

Or CV joint

Hi bros! I got a 2008 GT. recently I had been experiencing a knock sound whenever I go up or down a slope while turning. Any advise ?

Thanks all !

Quote Originally Posted by slackerpro1990 View Post
    Hi bros! I got a 2008 GT. recently I had been experiencing a knock sound whenever I go up or down a slope while turning. Any advise ?

Thanks all !
    Should be the cvt joint or drive shaft lor.

Sorry to ask ! What is the difference between drive shaft and CV ? Thanks !

CV joints r joints connecting from drive shaft to gear box
    Replacing them are cheaper than drive shaft

Knock sound when turning are usually cause by the stabilizing bar/sway bar bushing and stabilizing/sway bar link pin. Ask your mechanic to check these 2 item and see if the knock sound came from there.