Default Need Help!! My car keeps jerking/vibrating and even stall..

Hi all i am driving a 2007 CS3 CVT with mileage 97k now. Recently my car vibrates or jerks and sometimes even stalls especially on a traffic jam. It happens when my air-con compressor kicks in and i can feel a instant jerks with RPM going down to 500. But normal driving with air-con off doesn't have any problems. My engine is stock with K&N drop-in filter, Super-sprint exhaust with regular servicing every 10k mileage. Send my ride to CH motors and change my engine mounting, clean throttle body, adjust my idling sensor but problem still occurs. Even changing ISC motor doesn't help. Joesph told me that for some CS3 rare cases might be the air-con ECU module faulty. Any bros here encounter this problem before? Due to my work nature have no chance to send my car whole day to check. But will be taking a day off and leave my car in CH motors for diagnose..

compressor faulty? alternator getting weak?

Quote Originally Posted by Davetan86 View Post
    Hi all i am driving a 2007 CS3 CVT with mileage 97k now. Recently my car vibrates or jerks and sometimes even stalls especially on a traffic jam. It happens when my air-con compressor kicks in and i can feel a instant jerks with RPM going down to 500. But normal driving with air-con off doesn't have any problems. My engine is stock with K&N drop-in filter, Super-sprint exhaust with regular servicing every 10k mileage. Send my ride to CH motors and change my engine mounting, clean throttle body, adjust my idling sensor but problem still occurs. Even changing ISC motor doesn't help. Joesph told me that for some CS3 rare cases might be the air-con ECU module faulty. Any bros here encounter this problem before? Due to my work nature have no chance to send my car whole day to check. But will be taking a day off and leave my car in CH motors for diagnose..
    Hi bro I have same problem with u. Change lot of thing even throttle body also no use. Bring to CH. Joe also say dun know y like Tat. So I now drive with heart follow the RPM up and down when in the stop. Now I dam TL Liao got think of change car... But now car exp.... Hai~~~ if you trial and error Liao find the problem pls let me know I spend near 1k for the whole trial and error. So I have to stop trying Liao.

Quote Originally Posted by ftorres View Post
    compressor faulty? alternator getting weak?
    u mean compressor could cause the jerking? strange thing is that my air-con temperature is no problem. i also suspect compressor is causing this problem as only when compressor kicks in dan got this problem..

Quote Originally Posted by stillgreen View Post
    Hi bro I have same problem with u. Change lot of thing even throttle body also no use. Bring to CH. Joe also say dun know y like Tat. So I now drive with heart follow the RPM up and down when in the stop. Now I dam TL Liao got think of change car... But now car exp.... Hai~~~ if you trial and error Liao find the problem pls let me know I spend near 1k for the whole trial and error. So I have to stop trying Liao.
    Joe really said that to u? Did u try changing the ISC motor? He also say the same thing to me only after he test with a new ISC motor. Have to leave my car to joe for one day for him to diagnose.. Will update again..

If not ISC motor or Throttle Body, then could be either Compressor or Alternator le. But from what u describe sounds like it got something to do with ur air-con. Have u asked Jo to check on ur compressor? Is ur air-con working fine btw?

"I float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
    Keys to the ignition are like gloves to ali
    To and fro, water in the sea, the sunrise is my peace"

i dun dare to say its the compressor for sure. just making a guess. cos I can think of no other causes except for the alternator or compressor.

hmm i did face this problem before where the engine stalls when the aircon compresser kicks in during idling. Also using K & N filter.

I brought it to C and C and they found the air inlet valve was choked with dirt. they cleaned it for me and it was ok after that. They then told me that the K & N filter was mainly the problem as its wire mesh holes are too big and tend to let more dirt in... Ask me to change back to stock air filter which i didnt...

It may be a different thing for yours but maybe it is worth to check it out.

Bro go check ecu .. Sounds like injector/coil problem
    Gone like a wind

P.s dont ctc me regarding anything on cs5
    Thanks already sold off my ride

N pls do ctc those who are more active. !

Btw im not a yellow page so dun su ka su ka call me

Did u try flushing the compressor and reflashing ur ecu?

My cs3 manual is going down the same road as well. The car would vibrate like crazy at times when the engine's idling and the air-con's on.

Hi bro, had this same problem with my previous car too Chevrolet. Did all kinds of checks even changed the A/C Compressor. Yet it nvr really worked. All this stopped after took out the throttle body and found out that it has been slightly dented on the butterfly(check valve). Changed the throttle body and the fuel injector. It started to run smooth again for 1 year before I changed my ride. N learned that nvr to commit to conti Cars. No offence to anyone, It juz how I feel. Hope It gave u some ideas. Peace

13. Default

it happen to my ESI the last time.. happen to find out that the aircon condenser (some call it "dryer") clotted. its like a coke can thing... may b can take a look.

When I had my ISC issue, the symptoms also happened when aircon was on and when aircon was off the car drove fine.

Check valve tuning and increase in idling

But it seems that everyone here involved aircon. I have that problem too but whenever i go to workshop end up oways they take out my TB to clean but yet still the same. If any bros here manage to resolve this issue please do share with us. Thanks.

now adays i notice this jerk is very common in our CS3. mine is jerk while accelerating gradually, check and change whatever i can liao now the jerk still back. thinking if i should look for alex to tune and reflash but scare no use. the jerk will still come back. now i am suspecting is my plug heat range(using Denso IK20) still thinking if to change back to stock. could it be the mixture of air/fuel ratio causing the jerk? strange things is everytime i floor down and wack my car hard. that it become very smooth and back to normal. in dilemma sia.....????? dunno why our CS3 CVT like tt one. btw bro same as u. 2007 jan batch. on and off jerk but engine nv stall la. so not tt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Davetan86 View Post

same situation happening to mine..

everytime stop at junction the car will vibrate like 'brrrrr' as if telling me she feels cold
    n if idling more than 2o mins , she will cry n leak air con fluid at bottom , a lot! , vs my fren's fit... T_T

n i noticed if i start engine first time in the day with air con switch activated at '1' , the car will let out a high-pitch sound for 1 sec , and vibrate..

i just bought the car ,
    mar06 cvt sports..
    time to check tb & engine mounting...

n the air con compressor of course!