Default Illegal vehicle modifications on the rise

Article: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...216289/1/.html

Video: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video...sg_carmods.flv

I have a bit of uncertainty wht it stated illegal modifications will cause the car lose power. See more illegal modifications car on the road hav more power and better pickup but must also depend what the owner puts under the hood.

Lolx. Means his shop is good. Selling right/good illegal modifications. Dun anyhow mod with other garage.

Quote Originally Posted by hubster View Post
    Article: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...216289/1/.html

Video: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/video...sg_carmods.flv

I have a bit of uncertainty wht it stated illegal modifications will cause the car lose power. See more illegal modifications car on the road hav more power and better pickup but must also depend what the owner puts under the hood.
    if you were to read carefully it stated

"Eventually you see that your car (has) no power, outside concession very high. These are (what) they call wrong illegal modifications."

which is true~ haha.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    we study hard so that people don't look down on us, we study even harder so that we don't look down on people...

*p.s I am returning whatever knowledge that is taken from here by posting it back. I am not guru, not pro but just another LMC supporter. :cheers2:

Dave's and Charles car are caught inside this news!! hahahhaha

I nt sure if this have posted here B4... I do agreed with the Editor... Some Other see us as street racer or it a must stop car to inspect. That very sad

http://therightwrong.net/2012/07/19/...ar-is-too-far/

Yup Demon bro, agree with you.. As long your car look nice or attractive, confirm kanna stop and they wana see what's under your HOOD ( SKIRT ) LOL..! I also can duno why SG hav to be so strict with this and that..

REMEMBER TO TOP UP RADIATOR WATER, IF NOT YOUR ENGINE PIANG

Its true. Our tiny 1.6 just ard 90++ bhp at the wheel if u dyno test.
    With all aftermarket stuffs sold everywhere just makes the car performance worse cos stock ecu just not friendly with aftermarket stuff. Dun noe y cos most mechanics have hipnotic words to make u buy tis n tat to perform better but all are phsycological effect tricking our brain after u applied the mods really takes effect but most of the time we are just hiding the truth regretting spending tat much money but just con ourself to make oneself feel better.

For me if really wanna butt feel performance. 1st handling - bars for cars.
    2nd brakes n tyres. 3rd - engine n i mean camshaft, gearboxes, pistons, boring n other internal engine mods!
    N of course piggyback ecu with tuning!

But nothing beats displacement. Means u r better off with a 2L car. Anything below tat dun waste money.

Best is do yr best to make yr car apperance as stock n dun show off - means a sleeper car.
    Look normal outside but beast inside.
    Show off when necessary only if some wannabe piss u off.
    Last edited by evo07; 05-Aug-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Someone said his car feels more powerful after a 'cold air intake' thingy, then I asked him how was his dyno result and he replied that the workshop will be very busy if everyone goes on the dyno so it is a waste of time to do a dyno. And so I asked how did he know that there is a power increase and his replied was epic, "you can feel it." I think dyno makers should go and graze for I met superman.

There was another person who modified his clutch to a ceramic version so happy with the power transfer. Then the ceramic dust started to invade the alternator causing accelerated wear to his carbon brushes, thin his flywheel faster than he imagined and he came back to organic linings.

Some guy read that lowering cars controls roll and thought that lowering his car aggressively like a WTCC car will help to control roll until his friends had to pull him out from his lying by side car in the countryside. The key word... countryside.

People thought they knew better than the paid professionals who make a living ensuring your body stays intact exist. It is not about the more the better for blind inclusion will not bring out the required performance, only by doing it the right way will help. In automotive tuning, every part you modify will have some collateral effect somewhere that requires compensation. Either your vehicle performance, or your wallet.

And therefore, the same old wise saying, "If you want a fast car, then buy a fast car. If you cannot afford a fast car, then manage your expectations. A car is only a tool, not a represenation of your life."
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

aha fahrz.i.totally remembered you saying all that some time long ago surprisr to see it all again.
    Been there done that, walk the talk not talk the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    aha fahrz.i.totally remembered you saying all that some time long ago surprisr to see it all again.
    These stuffs will prevail because sometimes people just don't learn. Engineering is not about approximation, it is about specification, precision, black or white. Numbers must be supported and accounted for, not plucked from the sky.
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

Haha agreed. Cheers!
    Been there done that, walk the talk not talk the walk.