Default Mod and mod, have you dyno?

Today did a dyno tune and run to realise how pathetic is lancers horse power after all that i had put in.
    I was suddenly being reminded by Fahrz post the other time when there was an arguments about mod and dyno to see if your mod is worth the time and effort. Also his sentence in saying, if you want a sports car, get a sports car. Today i see for myself that thou there was bitter and joy, it is just a little saddening to see the end results.

To all who is going to mod, just want to say enjoy the moments and dont expect too much. Else eye for your dream car and works towards it.

Cheers.
    Trust.
    Been there done that, walk the talk not talk the walk.

depend on the type of mod for the hp you require!

Cos u stil na tat y pathetic dyno.
    I believe frm d start u already knw but nw u juz c d real figure.
    Simple term frm start u plan ur goal n work towards it,nw achieving ur target n u c ur result.
    But end result disappoint ur expectation.
    NA dnt expect 2 c high figure.
    Given ur knowledge n time here u stil knw tat.
    Cos u already wrote tat.

Hi trust, care to share ur mod n dyno result?
    to me its not the hp gain. Its the experience n knowledge. Before i start mod i know very little abt our ride, at least nw understand more

Nvtheless i went thru a expensive way to learn (nth is free) haha

haha. hey bros yes of course i learn a lot but well... ran dyno on uber and its only 99 hp.. sadly

Yes trent i do understand just didnt expect it to be less than 3 figure haha.

Stock is 80plus rite? 10+% increase acceptable la. Unless u tell me u throw 10k la. Haha.

I believe it's more than that.. Lol... Cs3 still a cs3... Tc!!!!
    Life is like a dick, it get hard at times...:asshole:

I'm sorry to hear that bro Trust.
    I've came to that realisation when I first watched this clip some time back.
    It's a Top Gear episode where they were trying to prove a point of modification in Euro.
    And how much revenue was churned out annually.

http://bcove.me/4nl5xyl2

Some times cool looking cars are meant to go slower so that the pedestrian can have time to appreciate all the effort you've thrown into your ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Today did a dyno tune and run to realise how pathetic is lancers horse power after all that i had put in.
    I was suddenly being reminded by Fahrz post the other time when there was an arguments about mod and dyno to see if your mod is worth the time and effort. Also his sentence in saying, if you want a sports car, get a sports car. Today i see for myself that thou there was bitter and joy, it is just a little saddening to see the end results.

To all who is going to mod, just want to say enjoy the moments and dont expect too much. Else eye for your dream car and works towards it.

Cheers.
    Trust.
    bro,

don't lose hearts~ 4g18 is a work horse and its a decade old engine since its debut..

I eventually dekit n sold my cs3 after a road dyno showing approx 87whp, that is when i knew i should move on(further more i need a norm plate than a off-peak ride). Stock cs3's whp varies and ranges from 74 - 84, correct me if i am wrong. With basic IHE, it should be reaching 90+-. 99whp is a whopping figure.. meaning you did more than usual mods. Opps.. haha.

Fah ge shares with us "if you want a sports car, get a sports car" which is somewhat true.. but how possible it is to realize a sport car of your dream? GTR, EVO, Jaguar Sports? Golf R? So doing up some light mod to compensate a little and pushing yr car to a sensible limits is alright, IMHO. for example, usually sports car comes with a big brake kit - for this mod, Its legal and I believe its worth doing it on almost every ride. :)

p.s. WHP isn't everything~~ !!
    Last edited by OreoChips; 03-Sep-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    we study hard so that people don't look down on us, we study even harder so that we don't look down on people...

*p.s I am returning whatever knowledge that is taken from here by posting it back. I am not guru, not pro but just another LMC supporter. :cheers2:

Yeah~ HP isn't everything.
    Aftermarket exhaust to help the car exhale faster.
    Filters to help it breath better.
    Low profile tires to help it grip better.
    Lightweight wheels to run faster.
    Coilovers to turn tighter.
    Aerodynamics to glide smoother.

I'm sure comparing all these mods with a stock car on the same course/track, there would definitely have some times difference.
    Last edited by nomad; 03-Sep-2012 at 03:45 PM.

bro as mentioned to you, Uber Dyno is a Sad Dyno, Sparco DC5 from this forum drove a Integra GSR with 4-2-1 exhaust, stage 2 high cams, valve springs retainers changed, with stand alone ECU on Uber's Dyno only managed to hit 150hp on wheel. If your lancer can hit 99 on wheel compare power to weight ratio, seems like a good deal. To be happy again, re dyno at Mc Well and see how much it does, you will be surprised. :)

I did my dyno there a few months back, hp only 89, but strangely my torque figures were over 200. I guess most of my torque comes in low end, which is fine by me for a street car :)

DKC at tampine dyno by japanese engineer quite accurate;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    I was suddenly being reminded by Fahrz post the other time when there was an arguments about mod and dyno to see if your mod is worth the time and effort. Also his sentence in saying, if you want a sports car, get a sports car. Today i see for myself that thou there was bitter and joy, it is just a little saddening to see the end results. To all who is going to mod, just want to say enjoy the moments and dont expect too much. Else eye for your dream car and works towards it. Cheers.
    Trust.
    I remember someone once said there's no need to dyno because the workshop will be too busy. hahaha...
    The next step you should find out is if the amount of $$$ you pumped in justifies the increase in the wheel horsepower. If it does, then you actually got a decent deal. If it doesn't, then you should find out what's wrong. Did you get the workshop to commit to the modification with actual numbers? That is how my professional customers demand from me. Actual numbers that meet specifications. Every car has been designed and built for a certain market. There is no such thing as better car, but a car that suits your usage. The Lancer CS3 is not an EVO, so don't expect it to become an evo. The amount of money pumped in could get you something originally of higher calibre. Cars in the tuning sports category start off at a suitable platform originally and that helps to tune the machine much more easily. It's fun to tune low end cars into something high end, it simulates the process of building cars as you pick off the parts menu and join them together into something usable and customized. But that also mean that you need to dig deeper into your pocket to satisfy your need for performance.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoChips View Post
    bro,
    don't lose hearts~ 4g18 is a work horse and its a decade old engine since its debut..
    I eventually dekit n sold my cs3 after a road dyno showing approx 87whp, that is when i knew i should move on(further more i need a norm plate than a off-peak ride). Stock cs3's whp varies and ranges from 74 - 84, correct me if i am wrong. With basic IHE, it should be reaching 90+-. 99whp is a whopping figure.. meaning you did more than usual mods. Opps.. haha. Fah ge shares with us "if you want a sports car, get a sports car" which is somewhat true.. but how possible it is to realize a sport car of your dream? GTR, EVO, Jaguar Sports? Golf R? So doing up some light mod to compensate a little and pushing yr car to a sensible limits is alright, IMHO. for example, usually sports car comes with a big brake kit - for this mod, Its legal and I believe its worth doing it on almost every ride. :)
    p.s. WHP isn't everything~~ !!
    The car is not everything. My life goes to my family. I envy all those men holding the hand of the woman he loves and watching his children frolicking by the beach. Something that can never be replaced. That is what I call true satisfaction. The car is only a tool or toy that can be replaced when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Eagle View Post
    DKC at tampine dyno by japanese engineer quite accurate;-)
    Find someone who calibrates their dyno machine. The calibration certificate is very important to create accountability. Many workshops don't bother to calibrate it.

Just enjoy your car. The CS3 is a unique car by its own. It has some of the best price tag in Singapore, loads of spare parts available in the market.
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

haha anyway fellow bros thanks a lot for the replies
    did made me feel better. but im happy with what it is now. My focus now is working towards a better ride.
    Thanks to alot of bros and professionals here my take away from a lancer modding is greater than the very first day when i drove it stocked. Appreciate all the sharings!

Cheers all have a safe drive whenever, wherever.

Hi bro Trust, that's mainly one reason why I don't send my car for a dyno after all the modifications I've done. Most importantly like what bro Fahrzeug had mentioned, enjoy your ride while it last. Our CS3 cannot accompany us throughout the rest of our life, but at least it gave us some unforgettable & enjoyable memories & moments that will etched in our memory for life. Cheers bro. :)