Default Manual Transmission shifting difficulties

Want to ask guru here. What cause shifting difficulties or rough shifting. Sort like intermittent fault stuck on shifting up or down shift. Eg. 1st to 2nd or 3rd to 2nd. or drag higher rpm in low gear can't really shift up to higher gear.

time to change gear box oil. that is the first concern. If you have been regularly changing gearbox oil, then bring it to her workshop and have it checked. I hope you are on stock shifter. Short shifter does give this kind of problem

I changed gearbox oil 3 times and my shifter and gearbox are stock. But still no changes. And also I'm the 1st owner of the ride.

it happens to me too, when i drag 3rd gear, 4th gear. hard to go next gear. and also hard to go reverse. used to think generally cs3 gearbox gives a rough non solid shifting. i also thot its gear oil never warm up . i think after warmup the shifting is fine.

BUT, i backside itchy last week. i thought since my car left 1.5 years, i should just try a new oil or anything to give me a bit more pleasure (i changed 2 times in 3 years already)

went mx trading at 7pm, buy 2 quarts of motul gear oil, change the oil. OMG. , shifting problem solved by 90 percent. suddenly the clatter from gear shift disaapear, and seems the oil make the gear change so solid and smooth like butter. maybe i am used to lousy gear oil. dont want to mention names here. motul works and i am a believer.

i like this motul gear oil, and i recommend to bros here .

32 dollars a quart. best money i spent on oil ever.

Quote Originally Posted by samsam View Post
    it happens to me too, when i drag 3rd gear, 4th gear. hard to go next gear. and also hard to go reverse. used to think generally cs3 gearbox gives a rough non solid shifting. i also thot its gear oil never warm up . i think after warmup the shifting is fine.

BUT, i backside itchy last week. i thought since my car left 1.5 years, i should just try a new oil or anything to give me a bit more pleasure (i changed 2 times in 3 years already)

went mx trading at 7pm, buy 2 quarts of motul gear oil, change the oil. OMG. , shifting problem solved by 90 percent. suddenly the clatter from gear shift disaapear, and seems the oil make the gear change so solid and smooth like butter. maybe i am used to lousy gear oil. dont want to mention names here. motul works and i am a believer.

i like this motul gear oil, and i recommend to bros here .

32 dollars a quart. best money i spent on oil ever.
    I have been on motul for years and I love them. Anyway, motul has double ester compound and what ester does is that it acts as a extra lubricant between metal to metal. thus there is less friction between metals. however, on the down side, the ester hardens as time goes by, this can promote slug, so i usually swap out my gear oil every 20000 km.
    same for engine oil i dont drag it past 8k.

Now my ride start to have this prob...
    Anymore suggestions?

How much would it cost to chg motul with labour?

May I know cs3 need how many litres? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BergGLX View Post
    May I know cs3 need how many litres? Thanks.
    Anyone know? Some ppl & workshop says 2L, 3.5L & 4L.
    So which one is correct? Please help.

Sometimes just do a search. I posted this before..

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/sh...T-Gear-Box-Oil

Thanks ftorres for the link. Your very kind of helping others.
    Saw in the link they chg motul at Motec. Do anyone know how much they charge? Any review regarding Motec? Thank you.

They already closed down. So better for u to find another workshop. Most workshops have it..

Oh, I tot they move to toh Guan.. now close already?

U got any shop in the west to recommend?

Prefer ard toh Guan area...

Just chg mine to motul today & yes motul works.
    My gear so smooth... got my motul from pandan gardens & its the same price as Mx Trading selling.
    For those west side driver want the add can contact me.

CS3 best is use Redline MT85.