Default Year 10 Servicing

Hi,

I'm considering to renew my COE for my GLX at the moment. If I do renew, what are the servicing, change etc that I should do?

Thanks.

Importantly, what's your current mileage?

Also, are u the first owner till now?

If yes, just drive a per normal. The 4G18 is a very hardy engine, and my mileage is at 270k km, and still going strong.
    it's not about POWER, it's about BALANCE

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My current mileage is about 150K plus. Yes, I'm the first owner of the car. Thanks for the advice. I just thot since it is coming 10 years and need some overhaul.

This makes me relief that I can feel safe to just continue driving and normal servicing.
    Cheers.

If u have not done the timing belt change and such, then it's probably time to do so. Also, all fluids, such as brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator water, time to change.

Important is that there is no signs of oil leak at the head. if have, then most prob a top overhaul for gasket and such.

If u always drag Ur engine to 5k rpm and beyond, then is adviseable to do a full overhaul.

If u have already done all the above recently, then just drive as per norm and enjoy it, or check with Ur mechanic on what would be urgent to do first.

Ur mileage is pretty low for a 10yr old car. Haha.
    it's not about POWER, it's about BALANCE

just checking i done the major servicing at ard 80K .. left another 1.8 years to go.. so when need to do major service again??... going by mileage around 160k?

maybe renew coe as well after year 10...

Just do another major servicing at 160k and normal oil change at 10k intervals will do. 4g18 engine is quite a workhorse. I have run for 230k mileage now and is still going strong. Left with 2yrs and 9 months to go.

150k only? mine 5yrs old already 217k

Hi guys. I have a 9yo cs3 with 12xk km mileage. Did my basic servicing but having delima if I should replace the timing belt or not. Gona scrap nxt yr alrdy

Hi all, i need some help. As what i had read in this thread, when oil pressure light is on, its the engine oil switch. Where can i get it done? I just renewed my coe today then this came out.

Secondly, Just now when i park my car, i can smell enging oil. Don't know if its coming from the engine or nearby factory thats under construction. How to check?

Thirdly, what should i do for the servicing? Now mileage is at 226k.
    I know this weekend im gonna change, aircon belt, timing belt, water pump and bearing. Any other things that is missing?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulEvolution View Post
    Hi all, i need some help. As what i had read in this thread, when oil pressure light is on, its the engine oil switch. Where can i get it done? I just renewed my coe today then this came out.

Secondly, Just now when i park my car, i can smell enging oil. Don't know if its coming from the engine or nearby factory thats under construction. How to check?

Thirdly, what should i do for the servicing? Now mileage is at 226k.
    I know this weekend im gonna change, aircon belt, timing belt, water pump and bearing. Any other things that is missing?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi, I've had the same issue as you. I've just renewed 5 years COE too.

It's a cheap and simple fix. Your "Oil Pressure Switch" has worn out and it needs replacing. It cost less than $30.00 with labour to change. Refer to photo below and try to look for oil leaks behind your engine, exactly where you Oil Pressure Switch is. As for my case, I can smell and see that oil trickles drop by drop constantly while the engine is running right where the Oil Pressure Switch is. After replacing this, there'll be no more leak/smell and the Oil Pressure light won't turn on anymore. Also, change your engine oil since you're doing a replacement of the parts above that you mentioned.

The photo below is a Lancer Evolution engine, just showing you what the Oil Pressure Switch looks like, which is the bronze part circled in the middle. For Lancer CS3, it's located behind the engine facing the driver.

Last edited by irfanez; 07-Aug-2017 at 01:14 PM.