Default Super drink petrol.

Hi all Bros,

Saw a few threads regard high fuel consumption. Replace most items, but it get worst..

New spark plug changed, K&N filter cleaned, fuel filter changed, Throttle body and sensor cleaned,
    Engined oil & ATF changed. New tyre.

ECU no reading, reset twice.

My ride 1.5Ex, 140k mileage now. 7years old

The indication of KM left on the display, after I pump full tank, it show only 490km. It use to be 700km++, I know this is not accurate. But then now showing 490km, really sian. I use to hit 11+km/L. Now around 7km/L for a 109hp.... First bar drop on the fuel meter, usually hit 150km, half tank 320+/-. Now first bar drop at 70km, half tank 200km.

fuel pump or oxygen sensor might be the cause for now?

Thanks
    Last edited by ilancer00; 11-Jun-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Check fuel hoses too. Might have I minute leak somewhere. 7km/l is extremely bad.

I'm getting 490 km for the past 6 years. 1.5L
    Usually around 50L petrol

wow lau.. 7km/L for 1.5 ex not drink petrol liao, swallow petrol man. currently on Kia Forte 2.0cc normal plus hard drive abit avg 10.5km/L. i think you might need to go WS to see if any petrol leakge or, you can find Tuner like Alex or whom you trust. to use computer check on your ecu program to identify your why inject so much fuel into the cylinder.

I am getting 350km / tank too. But I do 100% city driving, 0% expressways. Is that something I should be concern about?

Quote Originally Posted by whiplash00 View Post
    I am getting 350km / tank too. But I do 100% city driving, 0% expressways. Is that something I should be concern about?
    Still quite bad.

Hv u done grounding? It may help a bit not not sure for your case.

Hi all,

just an update on the fuel consumption. The fuel filter is the last item I change.

After about 4 times pump of full tank, the last tank I've got very very good mileage. Current pump also good.
    the first mark drop on the fuel indication-hit 140km, 3/4 tank- 220km, half tank- 350, i calculate is about 12.2km/L when I pump in this current full tank.

Nothing has been done or check by workshop after I post in here, driving pattern always been the same.

I guess the new fuel filter is working normal now. I would say fuel filter is the cause of it.

hope this information will help

Expect high fc for city driving. Only good on highway driving.

I'm still get 470km per tank of 49L for 1500CC Lancer.
    I wonder if Liquid Moly engine flush helps?
    Any recommendation on brand of engine oil change?
    Over the years I have been trying a few variance but still same mileage.

Can try Motul.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Been ages, since I visited this forum after growing out of modding.. keke
    Am seeing a very drastic drop in mileage too.
    Use to hit 550km before refuel light when car was new..
    Now 7 years on, 450km and it lights up. (When refill, I can pump around 50l)

Hi all,

I read in this thread about fuel filter.

I think I have never change this before, usually only engine oil, oil filter.. air filter, aircon filter etc.
    ATF and sparkplugs once in a while.

But never change fuel filter b4. Is this the reason of my bad FC? Can advise $ damage to fuel filter?

At the same time, recently feel some vibration during stationary when gear on D. Put to neutral then okay.
    This symptom is it engine mount must change liao?

Quote Originally Posted by Mis Noslen View Post
    Hi all,

I read in this thread about fuel filter.

I think I have never change this before, usually only engine oil, oil filter.. air filter, aircon filter etc.
    ATF and sparkplugs once in a while.

But never change fuel filter b4. Is this the reason of my bad FC? Can advise $ damage to fuel filter?

At the same time, recently feel some vibration during stationary when gear on D. Put to neutral then okay.
    This symptom is it engine mount must change liao?
    Fuel filter supposed to catch those residues from the petrol when you pump. I never changed mi e even at 192000km. If you the sort that likes to use till empty tank, better to change then. A few hundred cost. Engine mounts for the EX usually need to change by 150000km. Vibrations usually caused by it.

Went enghup for servicing today. Simon said no need to change fuel filter.
    Engine mount replaced. All original parts. Everything was great, gear was smooth until when night time then realized reverse gear still vibrates badly. Gotta drop by again. Sian.

You must have spend alot for the fuel filter, cause when I asked, its already exp before the workmanship. fuel filter under the rear passenger seat?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilancer00 View Post
    Hi all,

just an update on the fuel consumption. The fuel filter is the last item I change.

After about 4 times pump of full tank, the last tank I've got very very good mileage. Current pump also good.
    the first mark drop on the fuel indication-hit 140km, 3/4 tank- 220km, half tank- 350, i calculate is about 12.2km/L when I pump in this current full tank.

Nothing has been done or check by workshop after I post in here, driving pattern always been the same.

I guess the new fuel filter is working normal now. I would say fuel filter is the cause of it.

hope this information will help

Quote Originally Posted by DeroGT View Post
    You must have spend alot for the fuel filter, cause when I asked, its already exp before the workmanship. fuel filter under the rear passenger seat?
    yes, is under the passenger seats. buy from stockist and pay labour at regular workshop.
    u can call and ask stockist, last known is near 200. labour less than 30 I guess, I've seen how to replace, very simple, mainly plug and play, what u remove, u plug it back. safely side, no naked flame. else u know...

have you idling your car waiting for long time waiting for people? Have you full load your car with passenger? Are you always trap in jam with move and stop, move and stop route?

Recently been getting worse FC. 400 or lesser for full tank..
    8 years old car, 1.5L. Recently just change engine oil and airfilter. Is weak FC due to sparks plug? Never change that during my last servicing.