Default OEM / original / factory sports Bodykit

if the sports bodykit was installed when I bought it first hand, is it made of PU or fibre material for the front, side, rear skirts?

Quote Originally Posted by micstyles View Post
    if the sports bodykit was installed when I bought it first hand, is it made of PU or fibre material for the front, side, rear skirts?
    Before I answer your question, I would like to find out if you understand what is OEM, Original or Factory sports body kit?
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

from what I understand all are similar whereby the bodykit is not aftermarket. just wanna know if the body kit on a first hand lancer glx when I bought it years back from authorised car dealer like mitsubishi motors cycle and carriage is made from PU.

from what I understand all are similar whereby the bodykit is not aftermarket. just wanna know if the body kit on a first hand lancer glx when I bought it years back from authorised car dealer like mitsubishi motors cycle and carriage is made from PU.
    Hi Micstyles, You are referring to a factory fitted body that is sanctioned by Mitsubishi. No one is able to categorically tell you with 100% guarantee on the materials unless they were to check the product production approval process documentations on material specifications. If anyone were to come online and tell you he knows, he's either involved in the development process or bullshitting.

Why do you want to know if it is PU?
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

Let me try to explain.

In the automotive industry, parts are often outsourced and body kits are not exempted.
    Mitsubishi has to negotiate with their suppliers on how to make their bodykits and this is reflected in something known as the PPAP as required in the ISO/TS16949:2009 (Production Part Approval Process)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Produc...proval_process
    Note: Some car makers don't follow the PPAP from the ISO/TS16949:2009 strictly but there will a similar form of technical contract signed with supplier.

This will include how the design is like, how it is produced, the materials, the delivery, the packaging etc etc... depending on the Mitsubishi engineering team.
    Every part number will differ in its own way, so outsiders can only generally tell you the classification of material if they are experienced enough to tell the difference but are unable to tell more than their experience can equip them with.

I hope this helps you.