Default External battery

For those using 24hrs car cam do you tap on main battery or using external rechargeable battery?

For those using external, how much u guys paying?

Mine tap to main battery & install with switch so normally if parking long hours I off it worried my car cannot start.

But the tedious part is after I off & on need to reset the time & date.

Thanks in advance for any reply..

Or for those who directly tap to main Batt will it cause Batt to flat let say 4 days never start?

if you keep it on throughout it'll definitely cause your car battery to drain out.

you got to have a module such as Power Magic to cut off the supply when it detects your car battery reaching a low/critical level

nowadays the newer car cams come with such functions and no need for Power Magic.

some camera brands these days have built-in cut off voltage such as Thinkware & iRoad. Just set the cut off voltage level that u prefer & when car battery reaches that level, it will shut down the cam to prevent the battery from going flat. external battery pack is another solution, the last time I saw in the market was those for BlackVue cameras. Hope this helps bro.

Cell-link B3, Cell-link B6. These are the model names I could recall bro. Can goggle to find out more. Heard it's good for those who drives long distances daily.

Thanks both for the replies... will Google it to find more about it.

Welcome bro. Glad I can help. Cheers