Default Need advice for high cam tuning with aircon

Hi bros,

I need some advice when tuning high cams. Gonna fix a high cam 272. However, I read tru a number of posts in here saying once aircon is on, engine will stall or need to keep revving. I saw some lancers on the road with their windows shut and obvious idling which shows they are on high cams.

So questions are,

1. Do i have to turn on the aircon before the tuner starts tuning?
    2. Do i have to inform the tuner in any way that aircon must be on at all times when tuning?
    3. Any difference on idling when aircon is on or off?

Sorry, i guess alot of you guys know what i mean. I don't know how to put my questions in words.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Soul Evolution,

I have been on 272 High Cam Lift 10.5 for the last 4 years and on 288 High Cam Lift 9.00 recently. for 272, if your lift is low I don't think you will face a lot of issue in idling. However mine was considered high and I did experience idling problems and cold start problems. Tuning will help reduce some of this. You don't have to worry about those things that you have mentioned above, the Tuner will know what to do. However, if you cams are very highlift cams, even after tuning, you may experience some irregular idle. However this should be better once the engine is warmed up. You may even experience your engine suddenly dying even after tuning, don't panic, just restart and drive as per normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Hi Soul Evolution,

I have been on 272 High Cam Lift 10.5 for the last 4 years and on 288 High Cam Lift 9.00 recently. for 272, if your lift is low I don't think you will face a lot of issue in idling. However mine was considered high and I did experience idling problems and cold start problems. Tuning will help reduce some of this. You don't have to worry about those things that you have mentioned above, the Tuner will know what to do. However, if you cams are very highlift cams, even after tuning, you may experience some irregular idle. However this should be better once the engine is warmed up. You may even experience your engine suddenly dying even after tuning, don't panic, just restart and drive as per normal.
    Hello! Long time no hear. Thanks for replying.

When u fix ur high cam, which brand did u go for? Jasma/piper/matspeed/others?

When fixing ur high cams, did they change anything? What spring valve or what im not sure. Or was it just plug and play?

I have some people telling me to fix 282 i think but thats abit way too much.

Im trying to lookout for lancers who fix high cams; just wanna feel wat its like before i commit myself to doing this mod. Should have done 10 years ago but well i have 5 more years to go with this car.

Seek ur advice.

Cheers!

Currently on Piper 288 cams, previously was on custom Taiwan 272 cams. Both gave me significant gains. Jasma cams wont gain a lot from stock. No need to change springs. I am on stock valve springs all along, had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Currently on Piper 288 cams, previously was on custom Taiwan 272 cams. Both gave me significant gains. Jasma cams wont gain a lot from stock. No need to change springs. I am on stock valve springs all along, had no issues.
    Thanks bro for the help!