Cool With Regards to mods and tuning for performance

hi guys, I'm Jon. and I'm new here.
    cheers.

been reading here about performance upgrades, so far only the air filter and exhaust seems to improve performance.

Today i went down to N2CS garage at ubi there. The boss (ex racer) says that i should just change air filter, fuel regulator, sprocket and piggyback then should have a 10-15% increase in power.

Would love to have lao jiao's advice please!

(Btw, i just bought my cs3 2 weeks ago.) hahaha

Basic intake/exhaust mod with retune would be suffice for more torquey and zippier ride. If after doing up basic mod and you feel the power is not enough for you, do up whole engine stripping, balancing and blueprinting. From there choose your path, whether to go na or tc. Make sure before you do up this kind of performance mod, do up your handling, chassis strengthening and braking to complement all of the above. Happy modding.

Thanks alot bro! I have a k&n air intake alr. Maybe changing to dr full exhaust.
    Supersprint seems to only make a diff in sound and not performance rite?

First and Foremost, Manual or Auto??

for Manual, alot of stuff u can do, but before u commence on Performance journey, please look into braking and handling first.

for Auto, there is a slight limit to wat can be done, unless u wann swap gearbox or strenghten gearbox. same thing, look into handling and braking first.

end of day, it depends on how deep ur pocket is for mods. a simple piggyback is not able to release ur engine potential without compliments mod here and there. it wld be useful if they can provide some dyno chart on a stock car before and after piggyback before u embark on a piggyback journey. else, end of day, when u question them y no power, u might get an answer wich is becos there is still many stuff u did not do to unleash the power.

with that being said, decide wat u really wan first, and embark ur performance journey from there on. and most important, drive safe. last but not least, performance mods comes at a price of lost of comfort and higher FC for most cases, so dun go ard bitching on comfort and FC later on.
    it's not about POWER, it's about BALANCE

Honestly, do not expect too much from a CS3. The money spent is not worth it. The gains are minimal. By doing stage1 mods (e.g. air intake, exhaust), it will be sufficient to make ur CS3 a zippy ride. As what other bros had mentioned, map your mods, think before you anything, you can always ask around during meet ups or even read through old threads in forums.

One last thing, do not mod for the sake of modding, mod within your means. Having cash in pocket is more realistic. CS3 is a SOHC, whatever you do, there's always a limit to it. To make it so called "fast", you are talking about 20k worth of performance mods. Which you can spend it on a newer and faster car. Just a 2 cents thing, don't take it to heart. Take ur time and understand the car! Enjoy modding :)
    Oh great. I seriously love my CS3. :D

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJON View Post
    hi guys, I'm Jon. and I'm new here.
    cheers.

been reading here about performance upgrades, so far only the air filter and exhaust seems to improve performance.

Today i went down to N2CS garage at ubi there. The boss (ex racer) says that i should just change air filter, fuel regulator, sprocket and piggyback then should have a 10-15% increase in power.

Would love to have lao jiao's advice please!

(Btw, i just bought my cs3 2 weeks ago.) hahaha
    My golden question:

"What were the power and torque figures before and after the modifications?"
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

Yes Dyno results will definitely prove if any upgrades are really worth it.

You see, I am not trying to be a prick.
    The modifications done to your car must be conducted with a purpose. Whether it is for more power/torque or countering the effects of understeering or oversteering, reducing the braking distance etc…
    Ask yourself: What do you hope to achieve from the modification?
    Then set aside your budget after discussion with your workshop.
    Get the benchmark prior to modification and then conduct your modification before you check if the new benchmark differs from your expectation. If it does, go back to your workshop and tell them that it does not perform as promised and get a refund if possible.
    You become the subject of ridicule when your own people have to emancipate for their entitlements, so, don't blame the online hostility, we just want our rights as lawful citizens of our own country.

want to increase more hp, tear down ur stockist engine and replace to higher piston head that give u more 50 percent on compression ratio. but are u willing to fouk out the spending
    Last edited by bigguy; 13-May-2016 at 02:25 PM.

n bore on the outlet gate.